Resource 2022 NMFC Membership thread - Final Tally: 50,191

Fun fact:

I follow Italian soccer and support Atalanta. They’re a small (comparatively) club from Bergamo, north east of Milan.

The club are so entrenched as a fundamental part of the province and its people that every single (and I mean every single) baby born in any hospital in the city is given a club shirt and a letter from the club president on the day of their birth.

And if anyone writes to the club from anywhere in the world the same will be posted free of charge.

Get em early.

Fun fact:

I follow Italian soccer and support Atalanta. They’re a small (comparatively) club from Bergamo, north east of Milan.

The club are so entrenched as a fundamental part of the province and its people that every single (and I mean every single) baby born in any hospital in the city is given a club shirt and a letter from the club president on the day of their birth.

And if anyone writes to the club from anywhere in the world the same will be posted free of charge.

Get em early.
Didn't fremantle try that strategy this year?

Bub's Future Roo membership pack arrived.

Sensational.

Good quality, zipped string bag with name on the back.
Lunchbox with name on the lid.
Key-ring (or "medal" as she calls it).
Drink bottle - which I've stolen.

Other stuff too.

Love it. :north:

They were very good, but needed more stickers.

Kids love stickers.

Fun fact:

Get em early.
Spent a day in Bergamo last year. Charming place. Might have to adopt the team if I can force myself to care about soccer.

Spent a day in Bergamo last year. Charming place. Might have to adopt the team if I can force myself to care about soccer.

They are the North Melbourne of Italian soccer.

Always punching above their weight, fans whose passion is respected across the league, with a history of making a visit to Bergamo absolute hell for opposing teams and fans.

Pep Guardiola once described playing Atalanta like ‘going to the dentist. You don’t look forward to it and you know you’re going to receive pain’.

Plus it’s the province from where the best central Victorian Swiss Italian stock originated 😉

Plus it’s the province from where the best central Victorian Swiss Italian stock originated 😉
Is that a type of cheese and where can I get my hands on some?

Roogal

Club Legend
Dec 7, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Ballarat Roosters
Fun fact:

Get em early.
I like Italian soccer too! I watch it for the acting and unconvincing dives. Among my favourites though are the "Near Death" acting scenes when one of the players gets violently struck by the slipstream of a passing opposition player ;)

I like Italian soccer too! I watch it for the acting and unconvincing dives. Among my favourites though are the "Near Death" acting scenes when one of the players gets violently struck by the slipstream of a passing opposition player ;)
The brekky boys on 3AW used to run a count every Monday on how many players died playing soccer on the weekend. It is a blight on the game that is tolerated, indeed encouraged. Cheating - nothing more than permitted cheating.

Dear,
Due to the recent outbreak of the coronavirus in China, your membership pack will take a little longer to reach you.
The Chinese government has ordered the shutdown of our mail house until Sunday, February 9. This temporary closure is simply preventative; to reduce the risk of virus exposure to employees.
We will keep you updated should any further delays occur, otherwise you will receive an email with an estimated delivery date as soon as your pack has been lodged.
We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Kind regards
North Melbourne Membership Service

Anyone else get this email? North membership items from China might have corona virus on them? Fantastic.

North1411

Team Captain
Mar 12, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Dear,
Due to the recent outbreak of the coronavirus in China, your membership pack will take a little longer to reach you.
The Chinese government has ordered the shutdown of our mail house until Sunday, February 9. This temporary closure is simply preventative; to reduce the risk of virus exposure to employees.
We will keep you updated should any further delays occur, otherwise you will receive an email with an estimated delivery date as soon as your pack has been lodged.
Kind regards

Anyone else get this email? North membership items from China might have corona virus on them? Fantastic.
Yeah, that is not what is says. Calm your farm

Dear,
Kind regards

Funny sign outside a cafe:

Don't worry. Coronavirus won't last long. It's made in China.

Now the outrage community are screaming racism!

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Dear,
Kind regards

:D

".........because of poor survivability of these coronaviruses on surfaces, there is likely very low risk of spread from products or packaging that are shipped over a period of days or weeks at ambient temperatures. Coronaviruses are generally thought to be spread most often by respiratory droplets. Currently there is no evidence to support transmission of 2019-nCoV associated with imported goods and there have not been any cases of 2019-nCoV in the United States associated with imported goods." -
U.S.A Centre for Disease Control

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool

Same day comparisons...

GoDees - 30,141 = 57.5% of last year's total of 52,421. (2018 - 44,275)
NMFC - 31,767 = 74.9% of last year's total of 42,419. (2018 - 40,789)
Dogs - 33,259 = 75.0% of last year's total of 44,373. (2018 - 43,246)
Saints - 36,877 = 85.7% of last year's total of 43,038. (2018 - 46,301)

Brisbane 22,234 = 79.3% of last year's total of 28,023. (2018 - 24,867)

I reckon the membership numbers can get a bit of a boost and drop off a couple of thousand pretty easily and given how close the numbers are between those four Melbourne teams it's one little thing and you drop to the bottom or fly to the top of the list. The hype Melbourne had leading into last season was ridiculous, I would be surprised if they hit last years target. Given the dogs recent premiership and continued good form their numbers are surprisingly low. I find the Saints numbers a bit of a surprise given they haven't done much, and I reckon that we are still recovering from the Boomer debacle and the selling of games/reduction of value in the membership.

Roogal

Club Legend
Dec 7, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Ballarat Roosters
I reckon the membership numbers can get a bit of a boost and drop off a couple of thousand pretty easily and given how close the numbers are between those four Melbourne teams it's one little thing and you drop to the bottom or fly to the top of the list. The hype Melbourne had leading into last season was ridiculous, I would be surprised if they hit last years target. Given the dogs recent premiership and continued good form their numbers are surprisingly low. I find the Saints numbers a bit of a surprise given they haven't done much, and I reckon that we are still recovering from the Boomer debacle and the selling of games/reduction of value in the membership.
Melbourne and the Saints promise the world to their supporters and the rest of the AFL every off-season. It seems that they always talk the talk but then again 'talk is cheap'!

Those two teams are the biggest over-promisers and under-deliverers in the AFL.

Of course the Dogs are a bit different. They easily had the worst membership of all Victorian teams prior to 2016 consistently trailing North Melbourne by 3,000-5,000 every year. Their membership leapt in 2017 with many latent supporters jumping on the bandwagon in anticipation of a follow up success. Of course when their 2017 and 2018 seasons misfired spectacularly, their memberships fell away in Melbourne to traditional levels. Although their membership in Ballarat and its surrounding region has spiked by about 4,000 since 2017.

I do believe that we dodged a massive bullet by not relocating to South East Queensland. The experience of the Sun's and Brisbane's fickle numbers which spiked to over 40,000 in the mid naughties indicates that North would have struggled to maintain its support base had it have gone to the Coast. It seems that the NMFC and its supporters got it so right back in 2008 and the AFL got everything about the Gold Coast so completely wrong.

Last edited:
Back