Resource 2022 NMFC Membership thread - Final Tally: 50,191

Hopper10

Team Captain
Mar 14, 2012
Wagga Wagga
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I contacted the membership Dept today as I wanted to get the bar codes for the 4 memberships I have for me and the 3 boys. We chucked our cards as we knew we wouldn't get to any games this year due to the restrictions. We live in NSW so we have a membership that gives us 3 game access, that is a donation more than anything to our club. Now were playing on the G/C, it ties into a holiday and we thought we'd go to the footy V Carltank, I was advised that the membership was only for Melbourne or Tassie games and not Valid. I said, how many games are we currently playing in Melb/Tassie? They indicated that they were only notified of this yesterday & we'd have to buy tickets on- line from Thursday (if available).
In the current climate of games all over the country (except Melb/Tassie), seems a bit ordinary that they are not valid?

Cheers All.

I contacted the membership Dept today as I wanted to get the bar codes for the 4 memberships I have for me and the 3 boys. We chucked our cards as we knew we wouldn't get to any games this year due to the restrictions. We live in NSW so we have a membership that gives us 3 game access, that is a donation more than anything to our club. Now were playing on the G/C, it ties into a holiday and we thought we'd go to the footy V Carltank, I was advised that the membership was only for Melbourne or Tassie games and not Valid. I said, how many games are we currently playing in Melb/Tassie? They indicated that they were only notified of this yesterday & we'd have to buy tickets on- line from Thursday (if available).
In the current climate of games all over the country (except Melb/Tassie), seems a bit ordinary that they are not valid?

Cheers All.
You need an interstate membership usually.

But you brought a membership that gave you access to three home games. I'd ring them back and point that out.

Letter from the Chairman:

Dear Members,

First, I hope you are managing as best as possible during these trying times. Your loyalty and support during the pandemic has been extraordinary and on behalf of the Board, management, players, coaches and staff, we sincerely thank you.

I felt it was important to write to you and address a number of issues that have arisen in light of our form over recent weeks.

Clearly our performances have been nothing but disappointing. While we have been severely impacted by injury and we are fielding a team missing many of our best and most important players, we are a club that demands competitiveness and success. Regardless of which players are on the park, there’s a level of endeavor and a North Melbourne brand of football we’ve come to expect and are committed to.

Our game is tough with many variables that contribute to wins and losses. I can assure you each player and staff member is doing everything in their power to resurrect the season. As someone with a long history in this game, I know our team of people will be more critical of themselves than anyone can be of them.

In light of where we stand at this point in the season, it’s important to not only state where we currently sit, but to provide assurances as to where we are going.

It’s no secret to any of you that our club underwent a significant transformation last year following a two month review by KPMG.

The changes that were made following that review were designed to set the club on a new path and to lay the foundations for a new era. These changes were difficult to make, but we are highly confident they were the right ones and expect the results to be realised in due course.

However, it’s important to note it is only the beginning and those that have been entrusted with the task of turning our club’s fortunes around and securing our fifth flag, need time as it will not happen overnight.

Following the review we assembled a group of highly respected and professional operators who have developed a detailed strategic plan for the football department and the wider club. That plan was presented to and approved by the Board in recent months. The key elements of that plan are currently being implemented and have one goal in mind; to win premierships.

After an exceptional run as caretaker coach and an impressive body of work behind the scenes, Rhyce Shaw displayed all the attributes and values we were looking for in a new leader for our football team. The coaching group was refreshed, and we headhunted Brady Rawlings to return as head of football after he gained invaluable experience at West Coast over six seasons.

We restructured our list management team and recruiting department with Scott Clayton taking on the role of head of player personnel, and Glenn Luff was promoted to the position of list manager. Finally, Ben Amarfio took the reins as our new CEO and bolstered his executive team and is already making an impact.

These critical appointments are significant and we are committed to them and the direction they are taking us in. We know this group will build something special, but they need time to do it. No individual can do it alone, it will be a team effort.

On the playing front we have a strong hand in the upcoming draft with two first-round picks and the flexibility to add more talent to our list through the Draft, free agency and the trade period. Our team are laser focused on this.

We should not forget that in the last year we celebrated four Rising Star nominations and picked up another this year in Curtis Taylor. We are getting valuable games into our young players and have an excellent group of senior stars. When fit and with a full complement available, our list is more than competitive but it needs support, depth and additional talent which we will aggressively pursue and add to over the course of the next two-to-three years.

While it’s ok to get angry and frustrated at where we currently sit, let’s stick together and ride the bumps. That’s the Shinboner way.

We are 151 years old and have confronted challenges before and have always found a way to dig deep and come out the other side in better shape.

We ask for your trust and patience as we build towards a bright future. I, and others on our Board and management team, will be in regular communication to keep you updated.

I wish you and your families well as we battle Covid-19. Stay safe and once again, thank you for your loyalty and commitment.

Ben Buckley, Chairman

TurnoverMerchant

Vanilla Campaigner
Jul 11, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United

Dear Members,

First, I hope you are managing as best as possible during these trying times. Your loyalty and support during the pandemic has been extraordinary and on behalf of the Board, management, players, coaches and staff, we sincerely thank you.

I felt it was important to write to you and address a number of issues that have arisen in light of our form over recent weeks.

Clearly our performances have been nothing but disappointing. While we have been severely impacted by injury and we are fielding a team missing many of our best and most important players, we are a club that demands competitiveness and success. Regardless of which players are on the park, there’s a level of endeavor and a North Melbourne brand of football we’ve come to expect and are committed to.

Our game is tough with many variables that contribute to wins and losses. I can assure you each player and staff member is doing everything in their power to resurrect the season. As someone with a long history in this game, I know our team of people will be more critical of themselves than anyone can be of them.

In light of where we stand at this point in the season, it’s important to not only state where we currently sit, but to provide assurances as to where we are going.

It’s no secret to any of you that our club underwent a significant transformation last year following a two month review by KPMG.

The changes that were made following that review were designed to set the club on a new path and to lay the foundations for a new era. These changes were difficult to make, but we are highly confident they were the right ones and expect the results to be realised in due course.

However, it’s important to note it is only the beginning and those that have been entrusted with the task of turning our club’s fortunes around and securing our fifth flag, need time as it will not happen overnight.

Following the review we assembled a group of highly respected and professional operators who have developed a detailed strategic plan for the football department and the wider club. That plan was presented to and approved by the Board in recent months. The key elements of that plan are currently being implemented and have one goal in mind; to win premierships.

After an exceptional run as caretaker coach and an impressive body of work behind the scenes, Rhyce Shaw displayed all the attributes and values we were looking for in a new leader for our football team. The coaching group was refreshed, and we headhunted Brady Rawlings to return as head of football after he gained invaluable experience at West Coast over six seasons.

We restructured our list management team and recruiting department with Scott Clayton taking on the role of head of player personnel, and Glenn Luff was promoted to the position of list manager. Finally, Ben Amarfio took the reins as our new CEO and bolstered his executive team and is already making an impact.

These critical appointments are significant and we are committed to them and the direction they are taking us in. We know this group will build something special, but they need time to do it. No individual can do it alone, it will be a team effort.

On the playing front we have a strong hand in the upcoming draft with two first-round picks and the flexibility to add more talent to our list through the Draft, free agency and the trade period. Our team are laser focused on this.

We should not forget that in the last year we celebrated four Rising Star nominations and picked up another this year in Curtis Taylor. We are getting valuable games into our young players and have an excellent group of senior stars. When fit and with a full complement available, our list is more than competitive but it needs support, depth and additional talent which we will aggressively pursue and add to over the course of the next two-to-three years.

While it’s ok to get angry and frustrated at where we currently sit, let’s stick together and ride the bumps. That’s the Shinboner way.

We are 151 years old and have confronted challenges before and have always found a way to dig deep and come out the other side in better shape.

We ask for your trust and patience as we build towards a bright future. I, and others on our Board and management team, will be in regular communication to keep you updated.

I wish you and your families well as we battle Covid-19. Stay safe and once again, thank you for your loyalty and commitment.

Ben Buckley, Chairman
To me, this translates to "we have begun a rebuild phase in which we will be looking to the draft for the next few years," which I like.

Dear Members,

Ben Buckley, Chairman
Whilst I don't disagree with whats been written.....but (perhaps it's not Chairman's place to say) there were other notable things that he didn't address in that letter.

Apr 24, 2011
Greek Islands
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Cool story Ben etc etc..... but where’s my scarf and cap dude?

Seriously, does anyone know how we can get our hands on them? or wont the club be giving them out this year?
I usually wear the caps at work, currently I’m wearing our 2014 cap so by the next decade I’ll probably get to the 2020 one. Scarf would be handy to cover up as well.

Cool Kangas

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 2, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’m glad some communication has come out from the club. I tend to always feel stressed about our future when the relocation bullshit starts doing the rounds whenever we’re a bit shaky.

Cool Kangas

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 2, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Cool story Ben etc etc..... but where’s my scarf and cap dude?

Seriously, does anyone know how we can get our hands on them? or wont the club be giving them out this year?
I usually wear the caps at work, currently I’m wearing our 2014 cap so by the next decade I’ll probably get to the 2020 one. Scarf would be handy to cover up as well.
I’m pretty sure if you call the club they’ll send them out.

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
....When fit and with a full complement available, our list is more than competitive but it needs support, depth and additional talent which we will aggressively pursue and add to over the course of the next two-to-three years....

You can be assured that BB means it this time.

We are over mediocrity and we might die trying ...but we are determined for a real crack at the 5th flag!!

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Whilst I don't disagree with whats been written.....but (perhaps it's not Chairman's place to say) there were other notable things that he didn't address in that letter.
What was missing was the part that said....rumours of BBB being traded are completely false and we have warned Damo about spreading rumours like that...BBB's contract is agreed and just needs inking......

Waynesworld

The poster formerly know as "Waynesworld"
May 28, 2012
At the Chinese takeout.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Werribee
You know we are in a dire situation when the Chairman has to pen a letter like that. I have been supporting the club for over 45 years and I don’t remember a time when our list was so poor - despite everyone on here thinking we are an imminent premiership threat - and I believe the club recognises that. I think there are genuine concerns for our future considering the current climate, our list and performance. It Is unprecedented that a club come out publicly stating that we will be targeting the draft and trade period, and is an inditement on our list management and current playing group. I also do not understand why we would admonish Brad for stating (in private) that we need a rebuild and then admit it less than 12 months later (in public).
Finally talk about our 5th premiership is absolute rubbish, we are further away from a premiership than any recent times I can remember.

Screenshot_20200727-150304_Outlook.jpg

I also do not understand why we would admonish Brad for stating (in private) that we need a rebuild and then admit it less than 12 months later (in public).

It makes perfect sense because he had a decade at the helm and constantly sprouted a continuously contending theory. He had his chance to rebuild 3 years earlier at the end of 2016 and half arsed it. I don't think they had major issue with the idea of a rebuild - they did have issue with him flip flopping to sell himself another contract.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
$10 for postage, LOL.

They can set me up on James Brayshaw's balcony with boxes of the things and I will cast them to awaiting members standing out on the oval with my fly rod.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Wait, I have a better idea.

We can put a hottie with a North beanie Gatling gun on the balcony to spray them down on to your worthless pleading outstretched hands.:thumbsu:

Back