Resource 2022 NMFC Membership thread - Final Tally: 50,191

Surprised it’s not a $10 voucher.
If only there was some sort of global network of interconnected computers – linked through a cabling system, or an existing phone network, say – that would allow the club to deliver a digital voucher for free. If only.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
If only there was some sort of global network of interconnected computers – linked through a cabling system, or an existing phone network, say – that would allow the club to deliver a digital voucher for free. If only.

Imagine how smart it would be to send a digital $20 voucher out to every member and then whack in a scarf and/or cap to everyone that spends over $100.

I paid 600 odd $ to literally go to zero games this year. Didnt sook. Didnt ask for a refund. And now these campaigners want to to charge me 10 bux to send my scarf to me? GAGF North. Honestly.
You know the sad thing is this is nowhere near the top of the list of s**t things the membership department has done in the last 15 odd years.

I play local footy. The more I look at it the more North fits the bill of a glorified version of my local football club. We are the EDFL on steroids. Run the same way. Everything is on budget unless its really shiny and makes us look good and then we splurge. Hell, I reckon Greenvale and Marby have more money than us. And lets not forget we treat the rusted on loyals like crap which is a must. Never change North.

Bad look. Eat the cost and engage with our members imo. It's not going to cost $10/member to post them out.
This is beyond the club mate. Come on.
Imagine how smart it would be to send a digital $20 voucher out to every member and then whack in a scarf and/or cap to everyone that spends over $100.
Dont be silly.
I want my social club medallion.
Me too.
That's was put to death for your own good, you eco-vandal!!!!
Serious?

I got a 2019 one even after the clusterf*** that that was.
haha I remember at the Port game last year I walked around to to the social club room at HT and they were all sitting in a bucket.
Shambles. And then they axed it for 2020. Cant even get that right.

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I paid 600 odd $ to literally go to zero games this year. Didnt sook. Didnt ask for a refund. And now these campaigners want to to charge me 10 bux to send my scarf to me? GAGF North. Honestly.
You know the sad thing is this is nowhere near the top of the list of sh*t things the membership department has done in the last 15 odd years.

I play local footy. The more I look at it the more North fits the bill of a glorified version of my local football club. We are the EDFL on steroids. Run the same way. Everything is on budget unless its really shiny and makes us look good and then we splurge. Hell, I reckon Greenvale and Marby have more money than us. And lets not forget we treat the rusted on loyals like crap which is a must. Never change North.

I guess we have to look at it like this... in a year the AFL requires every club to cut spending back to the bone, if we expect the club to mail out 40,000 scarves, then the cost to the club is $400,000. How many people do we have to sack to recover that cost?

I guess we have to look at it like this... in a year the AFL requires every club to cut spending back to the bone, if we expect the club to mail out 40,000 scarves, then the cost to the club is $400,000. How many people do we have to sack to recover that cost?
Regardless of how many we'd have to sack, the person responsible for negotiating a $10 per scarf postage rate should be the first out the door.

Me too.

haha I remember at the Port game last year I walked around to to the social club room at HT and they were all sitting in a bucket.
Shambles. And then they axed it for 2020. Cant even get that right.

I'd take the social club medallion over the cap or scarf tbh.

I get that it's a tough spot economically at the moment but the idea that I have to pay for postage while I am still paying for my membership is absurd.

The club needs to create a CX team who have some idea about footy.

Are you been aloyal member? Yep
Or
Have you continued paying for your membership or not asked for a refund? Yep

We'll front the postage.

Although it is interesting I emailed the club to ask about them this very issue and in the afternoon we got the cookie cutter email saying they'd send the s**t out.

Or, they could switch to permanent digital memberships to save costs and mail out the scarves like a proper professional organisation?

I'd take the social club medallion over the cap or scarf tbh.

I get that it's a tough spot economically at the moment but the idea that I have to pay for postage while I am still paying for my membership is absurd.

The club needs to create a CX team who have some idea about footy.

Are you been aloyal member? Yep
Or
Have you continued paying for your membership or not asked for a refund? Yep

We'll front the postage.

Although it is interesting I emailed the club to ask about them this very issue and in the afternoon we got the cookie cutter email saying they'd send the sh*t out.
To quote Snake, they’ve been taking the rusted on loyals for a ride for years.

There is a potential false economy in what you've posted.

Tazaa, myself and other members are continuing to pay memberships or not seeking refunds.

I have a family membership that they email me about halting every month prior to the payment coming out.

If I stopped this charity then that $10 postage looks kinda stupid in not fronting.

Tazaa's $600 my $1200 at risk for $20 (or $50 depending on how they calculate the postage)

Thats what the $10 is rewarding. People who have said, no it's my club too, you keep the money.

It's tone deaf from the club. And an indication that they're all for platitudes and hollow gestures (that we have to pay for) rather than actual actions to keep member's included.

Even at your $40k ( it'd be less)and in this environment the cost is small.

Rather than getting an email saying hey you can pay for this to be sent to you. What if yo got a package in the mail, with a letter saying, hey this lockdown is s**t, thanks for sticking fat.

Missed opportunity. On the back of a year full of missed opportunities last year.

Last edited:
There is a potential false economy in what you've posted.

Tazaa, myself and other members are continuing to pay memberships or not seeking refunds.

I have a family membership that they email me about halting every month prior to the payment coming out.

If I stopped this charity then that $10 postage looks kinda stupid in not fronting.

Tazaa's $600 my $1200 at risk for $20 (or $50 depending on how they calculate the postage)

Thats what the $10 is rewarding. People who have said, no it's my club too, you keep the money.

It's tone deaf from the club. And an indication that they're all for platitudes and hollow gestures (that we have to pay for) rather than actual actions to keep member's included.

Even at your $40k ( it'd be less)and in this environment the cost is small.

Rather than getting an email saying hey you can pay for this to be sent to you. What if yo got a package in the mail, with a letter saying, hey this lockdown is sh*t, thanks for sticking fat.

Missed opportunity. On the back of a year full of missed opportunities last year.
Spot on. The club doesn’t understand that little acts of goodwill may result in a larger windfall falling their way, mainly due to the fact were already willing to part with our hard earned. They have no idea how to keep the faithful happy and maximize returns by acting on the generosity.

Most of us are locked into the roo for life program and have been since it’s inception. We don’t know the fixture when it rolls over. We don’t know how many games we have in Tasmania or at the G. But we’re locked in. That’s commitment unparalleled.

When we first went into lockdown I actually paid off my remaining membership in full so that the club got a cash injection and I told my membership group to do likewise.

We’ve all been impacted by covid but most of us would find it hard to choose between losing our jobs and losing North. We can replace our jobs but we can’t replace this bastard football club.

Im almost saddened that there has been a permanent disconnect between club and member for years and there has been no move to improve it. Overall we’re beginning to sound like broken records.

Spot on. The club doesn’t understand that little acts of goodwill may result in a larger windfall falling their way, mainly due to the fact were already willing to part with our hard earned. They have no idea how to keep the faithful happy and maximize returns by acting on the generosity.

Most of us are locked into the roo for life program and have been since it’s inception. We don’t know the fixture when it rolls over. We don’t know how many games we have in Tasmania or at the G. But we’re locked in. That’s commitment unparalleled.

When we first went into lockdown I actually paid off my remaining membership in full so that the club got a cash injection and I told my membership group to do likewise.

We’ve all been impacted by covid but most of us would find it hard to choose between losing our jobs and losing North. We can replace our jobs but we can’t replace this bastard football club.

Im almost saddened that there has been a permanent disconnect between club and member for years and there has been no move to improve it. Overall we’re beginning to sound like broken records.

The good will is actually bankable. Because they fork out $40k now and then as the season is ending they could cash in the good will by asking for money towards a covid fund.

This was my point about them requiring a customer experience team who know football.

I don't follow North because Ben Brown does marketing.

I don't follow North because older players created ground swell around Shaw.

I don't stop following North because we were ground down a path that capitulated in our 150th year.

As it stands I won't be getting a scarf or cap from this year.

Also, on reflection I have a greater sense of connection to North through talking and arguing with the other tragic North people on here than I do from club initiatives. Something I don't pay for.

Back