Resource 2022 NMFC Membership thread - Final Tally: 50,191

Remove this Banner Ad

Just to add to the scarf thing... My son is also junior member at FC Cologne (roughly $45 a year), the German football (soccer) team where I am originally from. They just sent him a junior scarf, embroided with his name, made in Germany and at no cost. So yeh...

Dear North.

Please if you send me an e-mail where l have to put in my d.o.b. to enter a competition l can't be bothered tapping the back button 60 times to get to my year of birth. Not everyone was born after the year 2000.

Cheers 👍 Grumpy.
Tap on the year at the top of the calendar screen Hoj! Took me a few grumpy minutes to work it out!!

Dear North.

Please if you send me an e-mail where l have to put in my d.o.b. to enter a competition l can't be bothered tapping the back button 60 times to get to my year of birth. Not everyone was born after the year 2000.

Cheers 👍 Grumpy.

This is ******* hilariously funny to me!! So true

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good work all!

On-field success is not the only key to loyalty. North Melbourne (38,485) sit 15th on the ladder with just three wins but have added 1400 members since the outbreak. Club chief Ben Amarfio said he budgeted for a 40 per cent membership shortfall that never eventuated.

That North's sponsors, led by Mazda and the Spirit of Tasmania, have also remained loyal has meant the Kangaroos have not been forced to draw upon the AFL's assistance fund. In fact it has been the bigger clubs, more heavily reliant on big attendances, which have been harder hit in terms of financial expectations.

"We've learned what we sort of already knew," said Amarfio. "Club membership is not transactional it has much more to do with identity communication and clearly expanded content has become an even bigger priority."

For the Victorian clubs, which each suffered further million-dollar revenue hits after the season restart when their home games were relocated from the MCG and Marvel Stadium, the loyalty of members and sponsors has quite literally kept the cash flowing.

Good work all!

On-field success is not the only key to loyalty. North Melbourne (38,485) sit 15th on the ladder with just three wins but have added 1400 members since the outbreak. Club chief Ben Amarfio said he budgeted for a 40 per cent membership shortfall that never eventuated.

That North's sponsors, led by Mazda and the Spirit of Tasmania, have also remained loyal has meant the Kangaroos have not been forced to draw upon the AFL's assistance fund. In fact it has been the bigger clubs, more heavily reliant on big attendances, which have been harder hit in terms of financial expectations.

"We've learned what we sort of already knew," said Amarfio. "Club membership is not transactional it has much more to do with identity communication and clearly expanded content has become an even bigger priority."

For the Victorian clubs, which each suffered further million-dollar revenue hits after the season restart when their home games were relocated from the MCG and Marvel Stadium, the loyalty of members and sponsors has quite literally kept the cash flowing.

We’ll pay up and continue to support. I learnt a few years back that the clubs bigger than all of us and it needs to be safeguarded and maintained for future generations. That’s pretty much our role as members.
The people running the joint haven’t done the right thing by us in the past and there is still so much work to be done by this administration.

This may not be the right thread but everyone should go and have a say in the government’s Arden redevelopment plan. If all members urged expansion of the facilities it would be hard to ignore.

This may not be the right thread but everyone should go and have a say in the government’s Arden redevelopment plan. If all members urged expansion of the facilities it would be hard to ignore.

Didn't the results of our last board election assure political favor in the NMFC's interests?

There were certainly people here who were claiming as much.

Didn't the results of our last board election assure political favor in the NMFC's interests?

There were certainly people here who were claiming as much.
The preliminary sketches I’ve seen of the area doesn’t seem to accomodate any of the proposed improvements the club was pushing a couple of years back. They also seem to be replacing a lot of beautiful old factories with new high rises. There should be a coordinated approach from the club and members.

What exactly does this mean and what evidence has there been the past six months?

The preliminary sketches I’ve seen of the area doesn’t seem to accomodate any of the proposed improvements the club was pushing a couple of years back. They also seem to be replacing a lot of beautiful old factories with new high rises. There should be a coordinated approach from the club and members.

Really? Isn't that interesting?

I was certain our supposed "political connections" on the board would have seen the matter through to fruition. It looks like another wasted vote now.

Really? Isn't that interesting?

I was certain our supposed "political connections" on the board would have seen the matter through to fruition. It looks like another wasted vote now.

The plans have been available since before the board election, it should come as no surprise that the club's aspirations haven't been realised.

The plans have been available since before the board election, it should come as no surprise that the club's aspirations haven't been realised.

.............but how can that be with our "connections"?

What exactly does this mean and what evidence has there been the past six months?

Pretty sure he's referring the fact that being a member is more than only being about attending games, its about identity and community.

Evidence being that only a dozen or less have requested to drop their membership and ask for their money back..

Its a pretty obvious thing and I'm unsure the context but thats my take.

Pretty sure he's referring the fact that being a member is more than only being about attending games, its about identity and community.

Evidence being that only a dozen or less have requested to drop their membership and ask for their money back..

Its a pretty obvious thing and I'm unsure the context but thats my take.
Right

Proof will be wat people do between now and next season and more importantly the next decade of Recession

So if he thinks meaningless SurveyMonkeys, Raffles, $100 a ticket Raffles and screwing around with Reserve Seats/allowing on sale of tickets to Opposition Members, are going to keep unemployed families interested he is in for a rude shock.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back