Resource 2022 NMFC Membership thread - Final Tally: 50,191

Remove this Banner Ad

Just confirming to sign up you do so with the above link? Is the only way to sign up with a request for a call if you're not renewing? I'd like to see the packages if possible.

The fella from Membership said the 2021 packages/categories will be available from the end of the month. Probably best just to call if you have queries.

Apr 24, 2011
Greek Islands
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Since Ive been a member (1993) Ive always rung up and paid for my membership in one hit. Each year Ive been asked if I would like to sign up to Auto-renewal and each year I have said no. Well every year for the last 8-years despite me saying no, I have been signed up for auto-renewal and I receive the SMS from the club informing me that the Auto-renewal for my NMFC membership is about to occur, and each year Ive had to call up and demand to have it cancelled.

Well it occurred again this year again, I rang the club after a 36-minute wait, spoke to Jason and he looked at my account and saw the history of me repeatedly calling each year demanding the auto-renewal be removed from my account. He also saw that I had demanded the club not only remove the auto-renewal but that I also demanded that the club delete my Credit Card details from the system. So once again this year ive deleted the auto-renewal, and once again demanded the club delete my cc details from my account; hopefully, it occurs this time. In Jason's defence he was very apologetic, and sent me an email advising me that he has now deleted both my cc and auto-renewal from my account.

Yeh I’ve had similar issues over the past few years. Thankfully I had to get a new CC as Westpac went from Visa to Mastercard. I’m going old school next year. Turn up to Arden st a few weeks out from the season and paying cash. I seriously CBF with this auto renew bullshit. I shouldn’t have to ring and opt out every ******* year. Just treating members as cash cows. I don’t need to be emotionally blackmailed by paying nice and early either. No one needs to have my CC details without my express consent.

JohnRhys

Debutant
Aug 24, 2020
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
Does anyone know when the number tally will be released for how many members we have so far etc...

I know its early but i always find it interesting to keep track of. Think we need to target 50 thousand members next year.

I'm signing up my two nephews, my niece , my mother and my best mate, brother in law and sister who have not been members in the past. there is 7 new members there , on top of that i wasn't a member in 2020 for personal reasons but was in 2019.

Does anyone know when the number tally will be released for how many members we have so far etc...

I know its early but i always find it interesting to keep track of. Think we need to target 50 thousand members next year.

I'm signing up my two nephews, my niece , my mother and my best mate, brother in law and sister who have not been members in the past. there is 7 new members there , on top of that i wasn't a member in 2020 for personal reasons but was in 2019.
Great stuff.

Yep, this year I’m signing up two siblings who can never afford a membership.

Plus the * supporting wife. Cop that.

Anyone know why on our membership page there are no options for level 2 seating yet ?
The ‘21 packages won’t be added to the site until the end of the month. I’m guessing that at the moment they’re mainly trying to deal with re-signing current members, deal with the free upgrades and member queries/complaints.

Plus the * supporting wife. Cop that.
My * supporting wife has earned the Gold keyring. My proudest of her possessions.
I've been buyng memberships for my GoDees supporting wife for a number of years now. She received a milestone trinket this year. It's only for five years, so hasn't quite knocked off the couple hundred Euro worth of lingerie she bought when we were in Paris a few years ago as my most treasured of her possessions.

Rooz90

All Australian
Mar 30, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Melbourne City
I renewed my membership last week, had to kind of downgrade to the 11 home game membership (GA) because COVID tore me a new one financially.

Curious why they’re not doing membership cards anymore, love collecting those things and I’ve kept everyone since becoming a member.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I renewed my membership last week, had to kind of downgrade to the 11 home game membership (GA) because COVID tore me a new one financially.

Curious why they’re not doing membership cards anymore, love collecting those things and I’ve kept everyone since becoming a member.

Scan here to find your answer:

In all seriousness, I think you may be able to pay a little extra for one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 26, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Think of it like the plastic bag ban. It's a cost saving measure dressed up as a green initiative. I read somewhere that it costs $3 to produce personalised cards. Multiply that by 40,000 members and you've now got the money to pay an extra staff member.

Wonder if we will get crowds next year? If its a limited crowd do we think it will be a ballot week by week? Priority to higher cost memberships? Maybe more games at the MCG to allow 25,000 crowds to spread out a bit.

I reckon we will have crowds albeit possibly at a reduced capacity. I would think they would go a first in first served basis, I think all memberships are ‘subject to capacity’ no matter what level it is. Although if it were seen as an opportunity to price gouge it wouldn’t surprise me.

Think of it like the plastic bag ban. It's a cost saving measure dressed up as a green initiative. I read somewhere that it costs $3 to produce personalised cards. Multiply that by 40,000 members and you've now got the money to pay an extra staff member.
Its amazing that this stuff needs to be pointed out.

"errrrr but i wants my momentoooooo!"

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Is it true you get special member cards for milestone years?
I’ve been 15+ and never had anything but I read a reference to something

You don't even get a membership card any longer.

Your superiors decided on your behalf that this was a good idea.

Quick question " Has anyone been called regarding a prize consisting of corporate suit at Marvel and other prizes, for a price of $100?".

I got a phone call an hour ago.......

I got a missed call yesterday but just ignored it. Googling it, it comes up with Marvel and NMFC. Meh. Sounds like a scam?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Quick question " Has anyone been called regarding a prize consisting of corporate suit at Marvel and other prizes, for a price of $100?".

I got a phone call an hour ago.......

Sounds dodgy to me.

You don't even get a membership card any longer.

Your superiors decided on your behalf that this was a good idea.

I understand the financial decision to go digital and save money as well as Covid planning.

But the milestone memorabilia is something I've not received historically - did it even happen or just the annual cards?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back