Remove this Banner Ad

grimface_87

Premiership Player
May 27, 2008
Melbourne territory
AFL Club
North Melbourne
1611210302980.png

It really isn't worth signing up early any more, is it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perfect. Rd 1 v Port 1.10 Sunday . Be doing well to get any more.

Best part will be if the AFL has to compensate us for the reduced capacity - bit rich to charge us full price for use of a stadium when we only have access to half the seats...

Before people say it won't happen, remember that every other club - including league darlings - in Vic will be in the same boat. Expect those interests to for once be aligned with ours.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Best part will be if the AFL has to compensate us for the reduced capacity - bit rich to charge us full price for use of a stadium when we only have access to half the seats...

Before people say it won't happen, remember that every other club - including league darlings - in Vic will be in the same boat. Expect those interests to for once be aligned with ours.

Wonder how the seating arrangements will fit into the Upgraded Seating for Members?

Wonder how the seating arrangements will fit into the Upgraded Seating for Members?

Maybe we'll need a gap between seats - I'll get more of the game watched if I don't have to listen to my mum for the first half of the game :)

They said it was only a momento, I’m pretty sure it has a barcode but the greatest insult will be if the card doesn’t work lol

Sorry to let you know Luke, but I've been in contact with the club and have it in writing that it will be a memento only, to cost $5, will not have a barcode and will not allow entry to the game.

I think it is disgraceful that this is a Ticketmaster decision. Why should they run the show? They are an incompetent organisation at the best of times.

Nearly all club members stuck with the clubs last year and did not ask for refunds and now we get kicked in the teeth with this terrible decision. I'm not all that keen to be sitting in even a half empty stadium until such time as the vaccines have been rolled out and the chance of catching covid 19 is significantly reduced. When that will be is anyone's guess.

My membership email turned up on the 16th of December. I just tried to install the app and download the card.

IT WOULD NOT WORK!!!

Now that is probably because I struggle with anything to do with mobile phones apart from making/receiving calls or sending/receiving text messages. The rest is a totally different world for me, and I suspect I won't be alone.

No doubt the world will be a much better place when people like me shuffle off this planet.

But all I really want to do is to be able to walk up to a ground and enter to watch a game of football, just like I have on countless occasions in the last 127 years. Yes definitely reached my "Use By" date.

I hope the same fate befalls Ticketmaster as well. Shocking organisation.

Sorry to let you know Luke, but I've been in contact with the club and have it in writing that it will be a memento only, to cost $5, will not have a barcode and will not allow entry to the game.

I think it is disgraceful that this is a Ticketmaster decision. Why should they run the show? They are an incompetent organisation at the best of times.

Nearly all club members stuck with the clubs last year and did not ask for refunds and now we get kicked in the teeth with this terrible decision. I'm not all that keen to be sitting in even a half empty stadium until such time as the vaccines have been rolled out and the chance of catching covid 19 is significantly reduced. When that will be is anyone's guess.

My membership email turned up on the 16th of December. I just tried to install the app and download the card.

IT WOULD NOT WORK!!!

Now that is probably because I struggle with anything to do with mobile phones apart from making/receiving calls or sending/receiving text messages. The rest is a totally different world for me, and I suspect I won't be alone.

No doubt the world will be a much better place when people like me shuffle off this planet.

But all I really want to do is to be able to walk up to a ground and enter to watch a game of football, just like I have on countless occasions in the last 127 years. Yes definitely reached my "Use By" date.

I hope the same fate befalls Ticketmaster as well. Shocking organisation.

I haven't even attempted this process but if life is any guide I expect it to be an absolute pain in the arse for my son's membership - which would have to be linked to my account... I can see problems already - what if my mate offers to take him down to the merch shop at half time and his ticket is only linked to my phone. They do check in / check out on level 2. It will be a pain in the arse as apposed to just handing over the card. No doubt in time they'll get it all worked out, no doubt in the meantime there will be unforseen problems and absolutely 100% guaranteed that at some point this year there will be a massive bunch of people locked out of a game because of a glitch in the system. Nothing surer.

Home members only?

Got to admit, part of me is kind of into the idea of say a Good Friday game with 30k supporters and every single one of them a North Melbourne member. It could actually be a fun atmosphere.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
I went into the club last week to renew my membership, paid cash as per usual, and was asked to provide a credit card number so i could be placed on auto renewal, after politely declining, i got the evil eye :)

Haaaa
The electronic card will get sent out closer to the start of the season. Your membership number will remain the same and continual years of membership will be recognised. You will probably need to keep your card in your e-wallet but don’t worry in the event you lose your phone the guys in the membership tent on match day will be able to help.

Horace see above. I tried as well and there’s no tickets there. I reckon if you pay in 2020 it should be there by Mid Jan 2021. Inexcusable.

This probably explains why. I thought you were older than 127 fwiw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back