Resource 2022 NMFC Membership thread - Final Tally: 50,191

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a thought

Would the idea of a gift voucher for the roo shop instead of the scarf or hay ECT. be a better idea.
WCE are sending no packages out to members this year, but instead are giving out $25 gift vouchers to be used online or in store on merchandise.
Think about it, members get to choose what they spend it on and quite a few would spend extra.

That is literally one of the options this year. Scarf or voucher.

1613602475445.png

Did North have a choice as to whether to move membership to Ticketwhatever or was it an AFL directive? My membership status still shows as nothing and I haven’t received a mobile membership pack.

Did North have a choice as to whether to move membership to Ticketwhatever or was it an AFL directive? My membership status still shows as nothing and I haven’t received a mobile membership pack.

I don't remember it ever not being through Ticketmaster.

I don't think anybody has a membership status showing currently, until they go live with the new memberships closer to the start of the season (as they explained in their most recent email) it would probably be a waste of resources to "double handle" it.

As for the mobile membership pack check your emails and contact the club if not found - I got mine a while back (I assume you mean the info for Roo Shop vouchers etc).

As for the mobile membership pack check your emails and contact the club if not found - I got mine a while back (I assume you mean the info for Roo Shop vouchers etc).

I called the club last week they said the voucher were being sent out in batches for some reason, so some people will have got them but others not yet

I reckon there is going to be some opportunity for sneaking your mates into whatever higher zone you are in if you want. If all you have to do is flash a bar code at a security person on your phone it's going to be easy to screenshot it and send it round if they don't validate it.

I called the club last week they said the voucher were being sent out in batches for some reason, so some people will have got them but others not yet

That's likely, I was quick on mine (weird though considering they're digital).

I think GK will still need the member pack though so he can select whether he wants the voucher or a nice new hat.

Richmond have gone digital too so I am thinking it has been forced on clubs

I reckon there is going to be some opportunity for sneaking your mates into whatever higher zone you are in if you want. If all you have to do is flash a bar code at a security person on your phone it's going to be easy to screenshot it and send it round if they don't validate it.

Having sat on level 2 since Marvel was Colonial the scanners on level 2 indicate whether or not the barcode’s in or out and entry can be refused if there’s a clash.

Damned Collingwood membership pack arrived here today. Handsome presentation box containing a scarf, and a cap, and the usual lanyard and stickers. Emailed choice of scarf or $20 voucher not looking too flash in comparison.

Collingwood AFLW pack contained the cooler bag, a badge, and a truly delightful cloth badge showing years of membership. Also superior to what I got.

Oh well. Maybe they need to compensate for mental anguish or something at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having sat on level 2 since Marvel was Colonial the scanners on level 2 indicate whether or not the barcode’s in or out and entry can be refused if there’s a clash.

Ah didnt know that, when you go into the ground level reserved seat areas you just flash you card, same as getting into the social club. They dont check it.

Damned Collingwood membership pack arrived here today. Handsome presentation box containing a scarf, and a cap, and the usual lanyard and stickers. Emailed choice of scarf or $20 voucher not looking too flash in comparison.

Collingwood AFLW pack contained the cooler bag, a badge, and a truly delightful cloth badge showing years of membership. Also superior to what I got.

Oh well. Maybe they need to compensate for mental anguish or something at the moment.

Complimentary racism scandal as well.

Do you have to use your own white sheet and hood though?

I might have lost all the membership trimmings over the years, but at least I can recline in comfort knowing there's no racism scandals at the club.

FFS! :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

You're not even a member.

Some real #istandwithdan energy around social media this week whenever a North fan dares mention disappointment in the 2021 membership "pack".
Ugh.

Look, if the club tells me that after a rough year when we managed our finances astoundingly well, and are now on an exciting new platform with a new coaching panel, they are asking members to contribute a little bit by sacrificing a bit of our usual perks (and the stuff other clubs might choose to keep sending out) to keep things steaming ahead, I'd get that.

Just don't pretend it's to improve the member experience or whatever. And if we are going all digital, make sure that part is like clockwork so we all get all the emails at the right time and our barcodes working when we need them.

You should get an International Roo membership instead. You get WatchAFL live streaming and it's great.
Thanks for the advice, I have downloaded my WatchAFL membership and can watch games live and watch games from >2017 season.

I get the whole reasoning but I can’t help but feel a bit frustrated/underwhelmed at this digital membership. Being in Brisbane my membership is always basically a donation. It’s always a nice feeling to have your membership come in the mail with the stickers, card, letter, scarf, etc. It feels like you’re apart of it even if you can’t get to the games. Now it’s literally nothing.

I get the whole reasoning but I can’t help but feel a bit frustrated/underwhelmed at this digital membership. Being in Brisbane my membership is always basically a donation. It’s always a nice feeling to have your membership come in the mail with the stickers, card, letter, scarf, etc. It feels like you’re apart of it even if you can’t get to the games. Now it’s literally nothing.
i agree to a point, the packs got to the point where it was mostly garbage anyway, they can keep the pin , pencil case, lanyard and certificate but for mine the bumper sticker is a non negotiable, even of you dont have car you can plaster em n your bar fridge or esky.
and they provide advertising/awareness to the club and pride for members to show their support.

I love my member bumper sticker, why did you remove it?

We have moved to a mobile version of the traditional “bumper sticker” along with special wallpapers. We will update these throughout the year for members to rotate.

Can I get a 2021 bumper sticker?

We are hoping to have these available for collection for those who want one however it will depend on covid restrictions and if we can hand them out at the games in a safe way. If these do become available, we will communicate with members but we understand how valuable this is for some members, so we are working hard to find a way to provide this for you.

Corporate crap, how about you keep the 20 buck roo shop voucher and just put a 20 cent sticker in a 5 cent envelope and a 75c stamp on it and pocket the 19 dollars difference. add it to taylor garners physio bills.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back