Resource 2022 NMFC Membership thread - Final Tally: 50,191

i agree to a point, the packs got to the point where it was mostly garbage anyway, they can keep the pin , pencil case, lanyard and certificate but for mine the bumper sticker is a non negotiable, even of you dont have car you can plaster em n your bar fridge or esky.
and they provide advertising/awareness to the club and pride for members to show their support.

Corporate crap, how about you keep the 20 buck roo shop voucher and just put a 20 cent sticker in a 5 cent envelope and a 75c stamp on it and pocket the 19 dollars difference. add it to taylor garners physio bills.
I guess everyone has a hill they are willing to die on. For me the bumper stickers were always a waste but I am aggrieved at the demise of the social club medallion.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I guess everyone has a hill they are willing to die on. For me the bumper stickers were always a waste but I am aggrieved at the demise of the social club medallion.

You shouldn't have to choose one mate.

The theft of the entire compliment of member items is a disgrace.

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
i agree to a point, the packs got to the point where it was mostly garbage anyway, they can keep the pin , pencil case, lanyard and certificate but for mine the bumper sticker is a non negotiable, even of you dont have car you can plaster em n your bar fridge or esky.
and they provide advertising/awareness to the club and pride for members to show their support.

Corporate crap, how about you keep the 20 buck roo shop voucher and just put a 20 cent sticker in a 5 cent envelope and a 75c stamp on it and pocket the 19 dollars difference. add it to taylor garners physio bills.

They’ve lost touch with the common fan.
No caps available as part of your membership- think having caps stands out at games , especially on the members wing.
You get more from an epl membership at a fraction of the price excluding matches obviously

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
They’ve lost touch with the common fan.
No caps available as part of your membership- think having caps stands out at games , especially on the members wing.
You get more from an epl membership at a fraction of the price excluding matches obviously
Look at us on Tv at the Cats and * finals...all those blue and white caps stuck out on tv a mile away...the Tigers final more so because of the Sun.

But gee, that was 2014/15

Six seasons ago already

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
Look at us on Tv at the Cats and * finals...all those blue and white caps stuck out on tv a mile away...the Tigers final more so because of the Sun.

But gee, that was 2014/15

Six seasons ago already

Agree and it’s to bloody long man.

Hopefully this group of players have that fire in them to lift us

Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Reading that Member Q&A makes me angry. Membership dept completely losing touch with fans. It should be easy - buy your membership, feel that the club appreciates it, that they want you to be showing the colours. They know that you know it's just a cap or scarf or sticker or keyring or lanyard, but there's a sense of pride receiving and wearing that stuff. I understand that there is some COVID cost cutting going on but this is just alienating people. It might just be a bumper sticker or whatever, but it's symbolically more important to members. Market research has determined this? Bullshit

My kids got the Future Roos pack - they're 15 and 13. It was shithouse. They opened it, saw a crap footy a 6yo wouldn't play with, a pathetically low-quality backpack and some voucher system that would take all season to pay off - go to 7 games and you might get scarf? They only have to miss one and "No scarf for you!!" And let's say you do get your scarf after 7 games, there's no more home games to wear it at anyway!! Better quality packs? Total bullshit.

I used to feel some symbiotic relationship with my NMFC membership - I needed them, they needed me and we mutually demonstrated respect and appreciation. This year it feels more like, "Thanks for recommitting even though you really didn't get anything last year and we can't guarantee anything this year. But that's not our fault so here's.....nothing."

Last edited:
It's my choice to be a member. An interstate one at that. I get zero value on my investment. Except in the unlikely event we make a grand final i get a guaranteed ticket.

It's a donation to the club.

On Pixel 4a (5G) using BigFooty.com mobile app
Likewise, but I am planning to attend the GC game and head down to Melbourne at some point for a game.

Royal Flush

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yes I do. My issue was I'd usually go with mates, so I'd never use membership card. This year the club called me, and when I explained the circumstances, they said no problem, just call a week before and we'll sort tickets out in the medallion club.
Likewise, but I am planning to attend the GC game and head down to Melbourne at some point for a game.

On Pixel 4a (5G) using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ha, it's so stupid but I look forward to the sticker every year. I agree, it'd be nice to get something in the post for my 500+ dollars.

Ha, it's so stupid but I look forward to the sticker every year. I agree, it'd be nice to get something in the post for my 500+ dollars.

They can't be expensive items. I reckon it would be good if the annual sticker included references or gave kudos to your status as a member - ie. after 10 years you get a specific sticker annually showing that. It would be cool to bump into someone at the car park or whatever and they have their 25+ year member sticker on the bumper or on their guitar case and you can give them a metaphorical slap on the back for their support.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Reading that Member Q&A makes me angry. Membership dept completely losing touch with fans. It should be easy - buy your membership, feel that the club appreciates it, that they want you to be showing the colours. They know that you know it's just a cap or scarf or sticker or keyring or lanyard, but there's a sense of pride receiving and wearing that stuff. I understand that there is some COVID cost cutting going on but this is just alienating people. It might just be a bumper sticker or whatever, but it's symbolically more important to members. Market research has determined this? Bullshit

My kids got the Future Roos pack - they're 15 and 13. It was shithouse. They opened it, saw a crap footy a 6yo wouldn't play with, a pathetically low-quality backpack and some voucher system that would take all season to pay off - go to 7 games and you might get scarf? They only have to miss one and "No scarf for you!!" And let's say you do get your scarf after 7 games, there's no more home games to wear it at anyway!! Better quality packs? Total bullshit.

I used to feel some symbiotic relationship with my NMFC membership - I needed them, they needed me and we mutually demonstrated respect and appreciation. This year it feels more like, "Thanks for recommitting even though you really didn't get anything last year and we can't guarantee anything this year. But that's not our fault so here's.....nothing."

They need actual football people back in the club.

scooby1279

Norm Smith Medallist
May 15, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
kangaroos
received email to download and print your nmfc footy fixture.

1613962367410.png

Same email trumpets “Mobile Membership Is Here”. Ummm, no its not. Still doesn’t show - still invites me to renew my membership even though the email says I am receiving the email because I am a paid up 2021 member. Oh well.

I was a but disappointed when they sent me my scarf and there was nothing else with it. Would it really be that hard to chuck in a couple of stickers and a fridge magnet?
You’ve got your scarf? Apparently they are sending me two balls of wool and knitting needles and emailing me a pattern.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

Numbers on a spreadsheet.

You’ve got your scarf? Apparently they are sending me two balls of wool and knitting needles and emailing me a pattern.
Correction- Club contacted me to clarify. I get two balls of wool, 3D printer codes to print my own knitting needles and the pattern.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
They can't be expensive items. I reckon it would be good if the annual sticker included references or gave kudos to your status as a member - ie. after 10 years you get a specific sticker annually showing that. It would be cool to bump into someone at the car park or whatever and they have their 25+ year member sticker on the bumper or on their guitar case and you can give them a metaphorical slap on the back for their support.
That makes it expensive

That makes it expensive

Maybe. Personally I don't see a heap of extra cost in having a handful of stickers of say NMFC Member, NMFC 10Y, NMFC 25Y etc. I mean personally I don't care that much but I do think the little things can be done often for similar costs to what already exists and it means something to a lot of people out there. For me the biggest issue is dilution of Melbourne home games and there isn't really much of anything they can do to make me happier outside of clawing back more Home games with reserved seating.

Back