Resource 2022 NMFC Membership thread - Final Tally: 50,191

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Correction- Club contacted me to clarify. I get two balls of wool, 3D printer codes to print my own knitting needles and the pattern.

Should have got the upgrade I did. They sent over Ben Amarfio's grandmother to knit my scarf.

Maybe. Personally I don't see a heap of extra cost in having a handful of stickers of say NMFC Member, NMFC 10Y, NMFC 25Y etc. I mean personally I don't care that much but I do think the little things can be done often for similar costs to what already exists and it means something to a lot of people out there. For me the biggest issue is dilution of Melbourne home games and there isn't really much of anything they can do to make me happier outside of clawing back more Home games with reserved seating.

If they did that then watch the membership prices go up a lot.....

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Instead off voicing your disgust here, send some emails to the club. Enough people complain they may think twice.
They must see the hammering their getting on social media about this.

Reading that Member Q&A makes me angry. Membership dept completely losing touch with fans. It should be easy - buy your membership, feel that the club appreciates it, that they want you to be showing the colours. They know that you know it's just a cap or scarf or sticker or keyring or lanyard, but there's a sense of pride receiving and wearing that stuff. I understand that there is some COVID cost cutting going on but this is just alienating people. It might just be a bumper sticker or whatever, but it's symbolically more important to members. Market research has determined this? Bullshit

My kids got the Future Roos pack - they're 15 and 13. It was shithouse. They opened it, saw a crap footy a 6yo wouldn't play with, a pathetically low-quality backpack and some voucher system that would take all season to pay off - go to 7 games and you might get scarf? They only have to miss one and "No scarf for you!!" And let's say you do get your scarf after 7 games, there's no more home games to wear it at anyway!! Better quality packs? Total bullshit.

I used to feel some symbiotic relationship with my NMFC membership - I needed them, they needed me and we mutually demonstrated respect and appreciation. This year it feels more like, "Thanks for recommitting even though you really didn't get anything last year and we can't guarantee anything this year. But that's not our fault so here's.....nothing."
Completely agree. My two are six and 12 and were massively underwhelmed when the packs arrived. It was a shame, because the pack arrival and opening has always been something that excited them and helped to keep them enthusiastic about the club.
My six year old uses one of the backpacks from a couple of years ago as his school bag, and we often have parents and kids yell out 'another North supporter' (in a good way) or 'go north'. It won't be replaced by the smaller ones now, and I guess he'll have to keep looking at the 2019 team poster and stickers until we make it to a game or five.
My daughter used to pack extra scarves and caps for 'AFl day' at the school for friends who didn't have teams, but a bit hard when she doesn't have the latest ones.
Maybe I should just shut up and buy, online, the additional scarves, stickers, bags and drink bottles they used to get. But I already shut up and bought four memberships, like I do every year.
And I can confirm, even a six year old didn't want to play with the ball provided.

Instead off voicing your disgust here, send some emails to the club. Enough people complain they may think twice.
They must see the hammering their getting on social media about this.
The clubs social media team is excellent in deflecting. Emails are pointless.

This is all about cost cutting and doing whats possible to turn a profit.

Mjs94

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I get the whole reasoning but I can’t help but feel a bit frustrated/underwhelmed at this digital membership. Being in Brisbane my membership is always basically a donation. It’s always a nice feeling to have your membership come in the mail with the stickers, card, letter, scarf, etc. It feels like you’re apart of it even if you can’t get to the games. Now it’s literally nothing.
Call them and let them know how you feel, there is a chance they'll throw the cards in for free.

Round 1 is less than a month away and as a member you will always be our number one priority.

We can’t wait to have you cheering us on from the stands.

The following is an update regarding access to games.

GAME DAY ACCESS
You will need to redeem a digital ticket via Ticketmaster at no cost, using the unique code provided closer to Round 1. This code is to be used to redeem tickets to home games throughout the season.

This process is essential in providing a Covid-safe environment for all patrons and has been developed from the learnings of live sport in Queensland, Western Australia, South Australia and New South Wales.

Your unique code can be redeemed as per your membership benefits. For example, members with limited three-game access will be able to select which three pre-sales they redeem a ticket in.

You will be able to enter multiple unique codes at once to ensure you can sit adjacent to family and friends who are also members.

MOBILE TICKETING
Upon redeeming your ticket, you will require a smart phone to scan your ticket and gain entry into the stadium.

The digital ticket can easily be added to your Apple Wallet or Google Pay App, and can also be sent to another phone if needed.

We will be in touch closer to Round 1 with further details, including instructions for members without a smart phone.

PRIORITY GROUPS
Our members remain our first priority to access games.

General public tickets will only be available if there is capacity after all member pre-sales have taken place.

CROWD CAPACITY
We expect crowd capacity will be limited for at least the first part of the season, with the exact amount for Round 1 yet to be determined.

AWAY GAMES
Members with away game entitlements will receive priority access following home club members.

MEMBERSHIP PACKS (CARDS, BUMPER STICKERS & CHOICE ITEM)
Member items are available upon request. Please contact us on 1300 526 427 or reply to this email.

All members automatically received a mobile membership pack for 2021.

We appreciate your patience and will be in touch with more information. If you have any questions or concerns, please request a call with a member of the team HERE.

We can’t wait to see you at the football,

Go Roos!

The Membership Services Team

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Just on the mobile tickets - my very nice and helpful caller from the membership department was keen to tell me that it would work just like my tickets for the tennis have worked this year and last year. I didn’t have the heart to tell him that in both years I’ve wound up being given free tickets and refunds from the AO because the smart phone ticketing system has ballsed up so badly. I’m open to change but I can’t say I’m filled with confidence, although my AFLW ticket did work ok last Saturday night at Docklands. Maybe a year of enforced small crowds is the time to give it a go.

Maybe the home and away ticket would have been the go this year. Be interesting to see how many if any tickets are available for opposition fans. You would think it would be impossible to get "away" tickets against Essendon at Ethiad for instance

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Again, what if you don’t have a smart phone?
Screenshot_20210223-213743_Chrome.jpg

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
RESERVED SEATS
In the early stages of the season, you will be allocated a reserved seat upon ticket redemption.

We are hoping you can return to your designated reserved seat later in the season, which will depend on Government health advice.

This can go and * right off. I pay big enough dollars to sit in the seat I have reserved for the past 15 ******* years.

Again, what if you don’t have a smart phone?
‘Ah, right, um, yeah, a few people have mentioned this to us and we are still waiting for Gill to get off his polo horse and give us a straight answer’
It appears that Tasmania isn’t the only subject that the AFL is unable or unwilling to give a clear statement about.

Back