Opinion 2021 Non-Crows AFL 3: Things Fall Apart!

Who sneaks in to 7th & 8th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just go the Cricket World Cup route.

Scoring shot count
Disagree
If you're going to award the win surely it's got to be most goals. If teams are equal in goals at end of game then do a count back starting with most goals in last quarter, if still equal then third quarter and so forth back to the start of the game.
If they're equal still after all that then you need to get creative. Maybe the coaches can have foot race around the oval or something? 😋😋

Disagree
If you're going to award the win surely it's got to be most goals. If teams are equal in goals at end of game then do a count back starting with most goals in last quarter, if still equal then third quarter and so forth back to the start of the game.
If they're equal still after all that then you need to get creative. Maybe the coaches can have foot race around the oval or something? 😋😋

A draw is a draw is a draw. If u cant beat your opponent in the alloted time ... its a draw. U get 2 points. Dry your tears with them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Start the game with a coin toss, finish it with one :p
Or Chanel AFL X and Rock Paper Scissors.

I interviewed Jason Gillespie at a function once.

Jokingly I said “We’ve gone from five day Tests to 50 over games to 20 over games, can you ever see a time when the captains just toss the coin - and that’s it, that’s the game?”

He said well somewhere overseas they’re playing five overs a side. All over and done with in an hour.

So coin toss or Rock Paper Scissors can’t be far off

I interviewed Jason Gillespie at a function once.

Jokingly I said “We’ve gone from five day Tests to 50 over games to 20 over games, can you ever see a time when the captains just toss the coin - and that’s it, that’s the game?”

He said well somewhere overseas they’re playing five overs a side. All over and done with in an hour.

So coin toss or Rock Paper Scissors can’t be far off

It should be 30m out dead in front. No guy on goal line. 90% of players would fail.

No. Club chooses own.

To quote Curb Your Entusiasm "You will .. faaaiiillll"

I imagine Harry McKay. Ha. Zero chance of slotting one.

Opposition club choosing a player would give that player no confidence and heap the pressure on because the opposition would pick someone they think will fail.

Would add some spice to it

Opposition club choosing a player would give that player no confidence and heap the pressure on because the opposition would pick someone they think will fail.

Would add some spice to it

Mental health. Zero chance. I mean gee imagine playing in front of no fans. Panic attacks.

It should be 30m out dead in front. No guy on goal line. 90% of players would fail.

I think the AFL would hate this, as it would really shine a spotlight on how unskilled players are at one of their primary jobs.
Fans probably wouldn't mind it for the banter, but yeah, you'd get a few guys shinning it and failing to make the distance, and a few guys shanking it out on the full. Then some others who refuse to kick a drop punt and try to kick around their body and shank it in the opposite direction to the goals.

Even worse if you had a guy on the mark, he'd smother about 20% of the shots, even with his back turned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back