Opinion 2021 Non-Crows AFL 3: Things Fall Apart!

Who sneaks in to 7th & 8th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's the deal with AFL players taking recreational drugs during the off season? Does that still count towards strikes? If they declare it before hand it doesn't count as a strike, is that still a thing?

Because I just saw a video of Bailey Smith who is very clearly "on" something, I won't post the video but surely someone in and around the AFL will see it an be able to draw their own conclusions from it...

So what's the deal with AFL players taking recreational drugs during the off season? Does that still count towards strikes? If they declare it before hand it doesn't count as a strike, is that still a thing?

Because I just saw a video of Bailey Smith who is very clearly "on" something, I won't post the video but surely someone in and around the AFL will see it an be able to draw their own conclusions from it...
I am just glad he has got over his fear of being interstate. I mean in his draft year it was a huge problem for him so much so his doctor provided him with a letter to show the AFL to manipulate the draft to get to his club of choice but it seems he has now beaten that ailment. He must be a strong character

Last edited:

I am just glad he has got over his fear of being interstate. I mean in his draft year it was a huge problem for him so much so his doctor provided him with a letter for the AFL but it seems he has beaten that ailment. He must be a strong character
If Brad Crouch and Stengle was hung drawn and quartered why isn't stud of the AFL Bailey Smith held to the same account

I think the video would need to show an unknown substance. Everything else would be explained as bad reaction to alcohol, dehydrated blah blah.

I am just glad he has got over his fear of being interstate. I mean in his draft year it was a huge problem for him so much so his doctor provided him with a letter to show the AFL to manipulate the draft to get to his club of choice but it seems he has now beaten that ailment. He must be a strong character
What was the letter he sent the Afl?

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

That he had medical reasons why he could not play for an interstate club.
That could open up Pandora's Box if this is allowed. Im actually honestly surprised it has not been used before.

Imagine the VFL outcry this year as an example if JHF stated for medical reasons that he could not play outside of SA and he "walks" to the Crows at our Pick 4.

If Brad Crouch and Stengle was hung drawn and quartered why isn't stud of the AFL Bailey Smith held to the same account
Because he hasn't actually been 'caught'. A video of a player that 'looks like he's on something' isn't actual evidence. Crouch and Stengle were caught on video. Massive difference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

did that really happen though?
Hard to find much on it other than the large big footy thread dedicated to it.

Here is some comment from foxfooty at the end of the article staring he made it clear he would not be comfortable being taken by a non-vic club - but no mention of the doctors letter. I will keep digging in my spare time!!!

Western Bulldogs young gun Bailey Smith is among the recent Victorian draftees who made it clear in interviews leading in that he would not be comfortable being taken by a non-Victorian club.

Hard to find much on it other than the large big footy thread dedicated to it.

Here is some comment from foxfooty at the end of the article staring he made it clear he would not be comfortable being taken by a non-vic club - but no mention of the doctors letter. I will keep digging in my spare time!!!

Western Bulldogs young gun Bailey Smith is among the recent Victorian draftees who made it clear in interviews leading in that he would not be comfortable being taken by a non-Victorian club.

he says he suffered panic attacks as a kid so maybe some truth in it

What was this video on?
Can't find his Twitter account...?

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk
It was on Tiktok.... Was posted by a girl who was at a party with him, he was dancing shirtless showing off his new tattoos still had glad wrap on them, just looked off his rocker some random dude grabbed him by the throat in the video too

Ah yes the good old situational and fleeting mental health issues. Good to roll out when you want things to go your way, while not impacting any other aspect of your life. So convenient, and unquestionable. How dare you question the legitimacy of someone's mental health issues?!?!!

Assuming that is true.

That said I don't really know so who am I to judge.

I would have been OK for Smith to be picked up by a Melbourne club, but not been able to play games outside of Melbourne.
I was going to laugh at the comment, but I think its appropriate to like the comment.

Actually really agree with this, not a penalty, but at the same time there needs to be a give and take for both sides as to what is fair.

As I said before, I am surprised this has not been done before and I think moving forward it will happen.

Just imagine if this was us......the hypocrisy of the AFL media is unbelievable at times

Dogs would have been no chance - 2/3 of the way through the fight they would have run out of puff and the Dees players would have been all over them and finished them off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back