Opinion 2021 Non-Crows AFL 3: Things Fall Apart!

Who sneaks in to 7th & 8th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a fan of purple, but he makes sense in the first half of this vid re the elbows to the head.

Completely agree. Thug/non-football/intentional acts like the ones shown all deserve at least a week.

The AFL keeps talking about protecting the head but allow these sorts of acts because they only penalise the outcome, not the act.

Penalise the act, less players will do it and you will get less head injuries. It's not rocket science!

I saw rucci's gutter piece about membership numbers. This is why port hand out free match access memberships, to boost their numbers. I thought you had to pay at least $50 for your 'membership' to count in the AFL numbers?
A mate of mine (a Glenelg & Pies supporter) went for a home loan at Bank SA. They had a few incentives running to sign you up, one of which was a lower variable rate as long as he signed up for a Port Power membership, which he did, as it was clear it would save him quite a lot of money.

He doesn't give a rats toss bag about the Power and laughs about this all the time.

I see that Port are apparently going to "overtake" the Crows as the biggest club in SA again, the last time this happened was when we moved to AO and they spent a million dollars more than us on marketing that year.

The media will happily set aside facts for clicks, but just because the AFL says this is how we count memberships, does not mean it is the best way to do it for our club or any club.

We could easily tell a quarter of our members that they are not welcome to be 11 game members and then over subscribe good seats for 1, 2 and 3 game memberships and destroy them, even while being on the bottom of the ladder, it just wouldn't be that smart.

This kind of stuff is pretty easy to do when much of your stadium is configured as GA and if too many people turn up, you can just turn them away, you can't do that to 11 game members.

1627452132290.png

Oh well good on them, maybe if they win the premiership they can bump that $25 spending limit up to $30.

I see that Port are apparently going to "overtake" the Crows as the biggest club in SA again, the last time this happened was when we moved to AO and they spent a million dollars more than us on marketing that year.

The media will happily set aside facts for clicks, but just because the AFL says this is how we count memberships, does not mean it is the best way to do it for our club or any club.

We could easily tell a quarter of our members that they are not welcome to be 11 game members and then over subscribe good seats for 1, 2 and 3 game memberships and destroy them, even while being on the bottom of the ladder, it just wouldn't be that smart.

This kind of stuff is pretty easy to do when much of your stadium is configured as GA and if too many people turn up, you can just turn them away, you can't do that to 11 game members.

View attachment 1189591

Oh well good on them, maybe if they win the premiership they can bump that $25 spending limit up to $30.

I thought there were pretty strict rules around what the AFL considered a member? And this above did not count.

View attachment 1189591

if you go to AFL max, you get a free membership to either Port or Crows.

that tells you all you need to know about "membership numbers"

if you go to AFL max, you get a free membership to either Port or Crows.

that tells you all you need to know about "membership numbers"

It really does, and I actually don't care if clubs give out free "memberships" or 1 game with the purchase of a scarf or whatever it is, if they think that is going to lead to the most revenue now or in 5 years time or whatever.

It's just not at all relevant to compare the numbers provided and no one really bothers to dig a little deeper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean, it took the Crows to be down for 4 years, and Port up for the same to just beat us in overall membership

and they are actually proud of that?

And had to cook the books to do it as well, but then again 12 mil in debt no other business would still be allowed to operate.

That’s how we used to count it.
Andrew Fagan was a visionary

Maybe he was haha we've still got the free We Fly As One memberships, and I think they auto renew lol not sure if they would tick the membership pack requirement, but maybe we will surprise a few in the official numbers.

All the best to Ben Cunnington on his surgery and recovery from a Testicular Tumour

Season over (obviously)

I think it has been relaxed this year, maybe to prop up numbers during covid?

View attachment 1189612
Yeah it used to be $50 minimum spend.

Not surprised the AFL wants to manipulate the numbers to make it seem like footy is more popular than ever

Even less surprised port have seen the opportunity and have been giving away memberships left right and centre to make it appear they have more fans.

It has never been a direct comparison because of the difference in membership lengths ie 1 game vs 11 games are treated as 1 member

Proble. Is they made a clear present with 3 other cases by assessing them low impact and careless

All 4 incidents should have been 1 week suspensions

AFL needs to change the grading to reckless for all players who decide to swing the elbows back

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why do they even have the 'deliberate' grading. Near every single suspendable case I've seen was totally deliberate. Do they just keep it for when they can hang some no name kid out to dry. Buddy deliberately swung his elbow to contact an opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back