Opinion 2021 Non-Crows AFL 3: Things Fall Apart!

Who sneaks in to 7th & 8th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brisbane cannot win the premiership this year. It is either the Bulldogs, Geelong or Melbourne that will probably win it all. Port and Sydney are a chance.

I think it will be a pretty good finals series. Richmond not being involved really opens things up.

Just hope they can have crowds, as games without crowds are s**t.

I agree, that's the problem, they are only okay but so is just about everyone else so the flag is wide open. I picked them a few months back and they are still my favorite. I just think things will fall into place at the right time.

I think they will beat the Bulldogs in round 23 who will potentially have nothing to play for.
I’m with you Redline , everything seems to be falling their way . They don’t have any major injuries. And the rest of the teams in the top 4 have weaknesses. Melbourne’s forward line is a worry. Bulldogs defence lacks height . Geelong have no speed. If Brisbane still had hipwood they would be my pick.

Here’s a bit of research for you all… which full forwards get looked after?

Heres the current goalkickers table

View attachment 1193453

Okay and here they are individually

View attachment 1193454

Riewoldt, way more against, kicked 45

View attachment 1193455

like Riewoldt, Hawkins way more against, kicked 46

View attachment 1193456
McKay, about even, leads with 48 (got more today obvs)

View attachment 1193457

the man, the legend, like McKay, Walker is about even with 48 goals

View attachment 1193458

Josh Bruce, under the count, but he’s kicked 45

View attachment 1193459

Ben King, way ahead to score his 43 goals

View attachment 1193460

the man, the master, the sniper - way down on frees, but he’s got 41 goals

View attachment 1193480

lastly, Dixon. Way ahead on frees but behind everyone on goals with 37

Okay, conclusions

Looked After: Ben King & Charlie Dixon. And of course, though Dixon’s looked after the most, he has the least goals 🤣

About Even: McKay & Walker

Crucified: everybody else
To be fair to Walker, he would have more frees for Holding the ball than any other forward, they weren't frees given for arm chops or holding or in the back.

I agree, that's the problem, they are only okay but so is just about everyone else so the flag is wide open. I picked them a few months back and they are still my favorite. I just think things will fall into place at the right time.

I think they will beat the Bulldogs in round 23 who will potentially have nothing to play for.

Disagree. You don’t want to have to play the same side two weeks in a row. Bulldogs will win in Melbourne.

Port are very inefficient going forward and have been able to win due to the volume of forward entries against the weaker sides defensively. It is for this reason they get exposed by the top sides - because top sides have better defences.

Brisbane cannot win the premiership this year. It is either the Bulldogs, Geelong or Melbourne that will probably win it all. Port and Sydney are a chance.
I reckon the Doggies are the next team to win multiple Premierships.

Best midfield, very good forward line, decent back line. Bevo is a good coach as well.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I reckon the Doggies are the next team to win multiple Premierships.

Best midfield, very good forward line, decent back line. Bevo is a good coach as well.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

it’s a shame he comes across like a bit of a tosser sometimes.

Here’s a bit of research for you all… which full forwards get looked after?

Heres the current goalkickers table

View attachment 1193453

Okay and here they are individually

View attachment 1193454

Riewoldt, way more against, kicked 45

View attachment 1193455

like Riewoldt, Hawkins way more against, kicked 46

View attachment 1193456
McKay, about even, leads with 48 (got more today obvs)

View attachment 1193457

the man, the legend, like McKay, Walker is about even with 48 goals

View attachment 1193458

Josh Bruce, under the count, but he’s kicked 45

View attachment 1193459

Ben King, way ahead to score his 43 goals

View attachment 1193460

the man, the master, the sniper - way down on frees, but he’s got 41 goals

View attachment 1193480

lastly, Dixon. Way ahead on frees but behind everyone on goals with 37

Okay, conclusions

Looked After: Ben King & Charlie Dixon. And of course, though Dixon’s looked after the most, he has the least goals 🤣

About Even: McKay & Walker

Crucified: everybody else
I wish they'd show these stats on AFL 360 or one of the footy shows to expose how sh*t Dixon really is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair to Walker, he would have more frees for Holding the ball than any other forward, they weren't frees given for arm chops or holding or in the back.

That's not my recollection. He's had at least a few push frees, don't think he gets held much though. He's had 23 tackles all year, I doubt that even half of them would be HTB frees.

QUOTE="1970crow, post: 71366119, member: 120818"]
Can't see Cats winning a GF at the G during daylight.
[/QUOTE]

Yep, I reckon they get exposed on the big wide ground at the G, a bit too slow.
I think the Bulldogs are going to be hard to beat this year, have got so many good players

He did once say that Lyons was the player he most liked to lead at. And whilst lots of us rate him highly, I doubt anyt of us would accuse him of being elite by foot.

He liked having Jaensch kicking it to him too.

They were already in poor form and now have to play their remaining "home" games away so will be entering the finals in very poor form.

He's always been an absolute sniper. sh*t bloke as well.

Protected species because of his surname. Nepotism is king in the VFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back