Opinion 2021 Non-Crows AFL 3: Things Fall Apart!

Who sneaks in to 7th & 8th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think conferences are the way to go.

3 lots of 6 conferences, play your own conference twice, everyone else once.

always consistent, builds a bit of a rivalry. the only downside appears to be people thinking its american.
The only way I'd consider this is if we go the route of ladder positions not teams.

I've thought in the past, go every 3rd team

Conference 1 - Melbourne, Brisbane, Greater Western Sydney, St kilda, Carlton, Gold Coast
Conference 2 - Port Adelaide, Western Bulldogs, Essendon, Fremantle, Hawthorn, Collingwood
Conference 3 - Geelong, Sydney, West Coast, Richmond, Adelaide, North Melbourne

Or rather than doing it like that, go the snake

Conference 1 - Melbourne, Sydney, Greater Western Sydney, Richmond, Carlton, North Melbourne
Conference 2 - Port Adelaide, Western Bulldogs, Essendon, Fremantle, Hawthorn, Collingwood
Conference 3 - Geelong, Brisbane, West Coast, St Kilda, Adelaide, Gold Coast

But any idea which just keeps the same 6 teams together can **** right off.

So the off-season is upon us, all we have left is trade week and the draft.

It's a good chance to turn our attention to our little brothers "Chasing Greatness" initiative, I don't think it has received the scrutiny it deserves.

It was launched on February 15th 2021:
  • Onfield: 3 premierships in 5 years
  • Off field: raise $13,000,000

Now you may think, hmmmm which one of these is more achievable for the little ole club from Alberton.

In just over six months the PAFC have collected $1,634,090, so at this rate they will get to 13 million in about 4 years.

So I'm opting for the financial goal rather than the 3 premierships in 5 4 years which is nigh on impossible for any team let alone for a club that has only 1 premiership in 24 years.

Edit: Bugga, I made a blue with the amount they have raised, I got the decimal point in the wrong place.

The amount in the kitty is only up to $163,409, so at this rate they will get to 13 million in, gulp 40 years.

I guess Ken may still be coaching them or maybe it will be Ken junior (he is already employed at the club) they could use this money to pay out his contract.

Always keen to understand others perspective

whats wrong with the same 6 teams?

Boring, we will be put with Port, WC, Syd, Saints and Norf.

If we head the conference path I much prefer the split to based on finishing positions, lock it in so the AFL can't manipulate it from year to year.

Group A
1st
4th
7th
10th
13th
16th

Group B
2nd
5th
8th
11th
14th
17th

Group C
3rd
6th
9th
12th
15th
18th

Or go with Dirty Birds snake option.

It's a good chance to turn our attention to our little brothers "Chasing Greatness" initiative, I don't think it has received the scrutiny it deserves.

Now you may think, hmmmm which one of these is more achievable for the little ole club from Alberton.

In just over six months the PAFC have collected $1,634,090, so at this rate they will get to 13 million in about 4 years.

So I'm opting for the financial goal rather than the 3 premierships in 5 4 years which is nigh on impossible for any team let alone for a club that has only 1 premiership in 24 years.

Edit: Bugga, I made a blue with the amount they have raised, I got the decimal point in the wrong place.

The amount in the kitty is only up to $163,409, so at this rate they will get to 13 million in, gulp 40 years.

I guess Ken may still be coaching them or maybe it will be Ken junior (he is already employed at the club) they could use this money to pay out his contract.
They haven’t even got enough to pay him out.

It's not quite as simple as that though

It would require a reduction of the season to 19 rounds meaning that teams are playing 3 less games so there will be a loss in revenue as they're having less home games a season.

It's also not an even number which makes it impossible to be fair because half the league will get 10 home games a year while the other 10 only get 9 home games a year.

You could program one extra round 20th round being Port/Adelaide, West Coast/Fremantle, Brisbane/Gold Coast, Sydney/GWS and with Melbourne sides allocate any opponent.

Everyone gets 10 home games.

So to break it down

Remaining time - 4 seasons

Win 3 AFL flags in 4 years

Raise 12,836,591 in 4 years (having only raised 163k in 2021)

Find an additional 37,679 members in 4 years (They've only gained 2,500 members from 2018-2021)

Yep it's going well by the looks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great move, your turn comes along every 8 years for the non Victorian capitals.

MCG
Adelaide
MCG
Sydney
MCG
Brisbane
MCG
Perth

This would be a big step towards finally becoming a real national competition, not just an expanded VFL.
Too many MCGs

As anyone else seen this - who the hell is Matt Walsh?
I saw it. Not really going out on a limb are they.

You also got the decimal point wrong on the premierships.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back