2021 Non-Crows AFL Discussion Part 1: we can have lots of fun!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question. Anyone know Port’s plans for China now? Are they digging in or pulling the pin?
Like all things with that plastic franchise the time will come when the Power will pretend they never had any association with China.

This is a genuine question, but does anyone else find it funny when someone talks about “rent free living”, but then spends their free time on someone else’s board? This applies equally to our supporters....I just don't see the point in trolling, especially after a win.

Warren Tredrea gave Lycett 3 votes for the medal.... I'm sorry but if you comitt a reportable offences during the game you shouldn't be eligible for any on field awards for that game as you obviously haven't played fairly.

Is this a common sense thing? Like surely this shouldn't be allowed? How many players have got Brownlow votes in the game they committed the act that they were suspended for??

no

fairly only matters when the award involves fairness

secondly, say what you want, but reported doesn’t mean guilty

no

fairly only matters when the award involves fairness

secondly, say what you want, but reported doesn’t mean guilty
Ok but he is guilty, an incident like that is pretty cut and dry. As soon as it happened everyone knew he'd be getting weeks.
How can you be adjudged the best player when you didn't play within the rules of the game?

Warren Tredrea gave Lycett 3 votes for the medal.... I'm sorry but if you comitt a reportable offences during the game you shouldn't be eligible for any on field awards for that game as you obviously haven't played fairly.

Is this a common sense thing? Like surely this shouldn't be allowed? How many players have got Brownlow votes in the game they committed the act that they were suspended for??

Clurey was robbed IMO. He played a blinder.

Nicks said after the game that it wasn't just an injury to a player that affected our rotations, it was 2 injuries, they were BOTH early in the game, AND they were two similar player types. He's spot on in that it meant we had to push midfielders up the ground more, but then it meant we were getting murdered in the stoppages. You end up just plugging holes for the match.

The one thing i found interesting from his interview is that Nicks & Co thought the ground would dry up after the rain that morning, but then it just got really dewy/slippery by game time. I didn't agree with going super tall in attack regardless of the conditions, but with the ground being slippery and two small forwards going off we were basically doomed from then.

Taking a gamble on the makeup/structure of the team is down to the coaches, and we absolutely stuffed it up.

When isn't it dewy at night at AO? If he thought a wet deck would dry into the night then he's a ******* idiot. And we're only 1 player down, not 2, that's kindergarten excuse logic. It's his fault for having no flexibility built into the 22. There should be a defender that can go into the midfield rotation if the sub can't. 4 talls in the forward line is asking for trouble, just stupid. That we were down on running power is due to our fixation with fixed positions. How about we send Berg back and release a small defender forward? Would have addressed a structural issue and plugged a hole.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Geelong had worn red blue and gold hoops for a significant period in their VFL history then there is no way in hell the AFL would oppose them rolling it out twice a year now.
But what if Geelong wore red blue and gold hoops in the Geebung Queensland league? - in a totally irrelevant competition.

Serious question. Anyone know Port’s plans for China now? Are they digging in or pulling the pin?
They’ll adopt the CCP method of two steps forward one step back. Koch has too much money invested in China related s**t, he won’t be letting go of the opportunity to kiss the arses of the rich business people they’ve been trying to hoodwink into giving them money.

I hope they dig in because it has catastrophe written all over it. 😊

The tackle was pretty bad, but what he did next was much worse. Dragging a clearly concussed player a long the ground, then dropping his 110 kgs onto him until he was dragged off by a couple of crows. Just wish we had someone to fly the flag for the little fella. Lycett didn't deserve to walk off the field.

I think Nicks will be highlighting this incident.

Good teams do not let that happen.

It needed a full response, no matter how big the opposition no matter how small you are. All in or go home.

Fogarty had the right instinct, he needed more support. Experienced players should have been there in numbers.

Imagine if you did that to a Richmond player or a Swans player. Those clubs would have stood up for their team mate.

It will come. We need to get that back into it team philosophy. * Neil Craig and his clean skin rubbish.

They could have got 10k new members from having an AFLW side

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Can someone explain to me their strategy of supporting women’s footy from the ground roots, when I don’t think they have a SANFL team and there’s plenty of amateur clubs who do okay without them?

I think Nicks will be highlighting this incident.

Good teams do not let that happen.

It needed a full response, no matter how big the opposition no matter how small you are. All in or go home.

Fogarty had the right instinct, he needed more support. Experienced players should have been there in numbers.

Imagine if you did that to a Richmond player or a Swans player. Those clubs would have stood up for their team mate.

It will come. We need to get that back into it team philosophy. **** Neil Craig and his clean skin rubbish.
The irony is that Knarlin Ned would have been the one standing up for a team mate
Think he’s shown that a few times

Can someone explain to me their (port power) strategy of supporting women’s footy from the ground roots, when I don’t think they have a SANFL team and there’s plenty of amateur clubs who do okay without them?

I thought they had the SANFL/Govt pay (what's new lol) to build and form some type of next generation academy facility which was also the SANFL's base for young women and run by poort similar to their indigenous program so that they eventually will claim their "altruism" should be rewarded by poort having free nga type picks in the drafts for indigenous players in afl and for women in aflw.

They have already tried claiming that people like Milera etc should have gone to them for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back