2021 Non-Crows AFL Discussion Part 1: we can have lots of fun!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People have been losing their minds about this over here.
Protests, banners, burning team gear, etc.
Amazing though that they accept more or less the same Premier League clubs dominating year after year.

Anyway, looks like the ESL idea has fallen apart now.

I have watched a few segments on this and one interesting fact that the media have at times failed to appreciate is just how much in debt some of these Clubs are in and how much they are being paid to join.

We are talking billions here. $5.4 Billion to join.

Glory be. I can appreciate why the boards would make the decision to join.

The league statement said the clubs would receive 3.5 billion euros ($5.4 billion) just for signing up to the new competition.

Interesting that this ESL didn’t involve German clubs because they are owned 51% by members - maximum external interests can own is 49%.

So Round 9 and 10 released.
Round 9 v WC @ Optus, Sunday twilight
Round 10 v Dees @ AO, Saturday night

Might be a good week to take advantage of the NZ travel bubble. Both games could get pretty ugly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roo hinted that ‘the wheels are in motion’ for a national reserves comp on a MMM podcast today

About time too. The VFL is essentially this now as it is (right down to Fox telecasting a match themselves)

This will be win-win. Us and Port will get the national reserves comp, and the SANFL will continue on strongly as an 8 team competition (and finally shut the No AFL in the SANFL parrots up).

The question for the SANFL is whether to have a 14 or 21 round season.

About time too. The VFL is essentially this now as it is (right down to Fox telecasting a match themselves)

This will be win-win. Us and Port will get the national reserves comp, and the SANFL will continue on strongly as an 8 team competition (and finally shut the No AFL in the SANFL parrots up).

The question for the SANFL is whether to have a 14 or 21 round season.
My understanding is that it was ready to go a lot sooner, but obviously the pandemic placed a brake on it.

The Melbourne game's now been moved to 4:05pm.

This change was not announced by the club and I only found this out by accident looking at the fixture.

The game wasn't moved. The Crows article said 4:05pm when it was released this morning. It was the AFL article that was wrong, getting our game and the Bulldogs/Saints game the wrong way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back