2021 Non-Crows AFL Discussion Part 1: we can have lots of fun!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Razor Ray was on the radio and he explained the player can start off their line to allow for their "arc" as long as they kick over the mark. A matter of communication between the player and umpire, Ray sounded quite reasonable.
Ray actually sounds like a pretty decent bloke in his interviews he does.

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
Carlton are a waste of time. Skills just aren't good enough. Port will win by 40+.

Playing a side full of battlers and journeymen will get you nowhere.

20years and a bunch of rebuilds later...

your heart would sink being drafted there, knowing your entire career is going to waste

speaking of which, where’s Stocker?

20years and a bunch of rebuilds later...

your heart would sink being drafted there, knowing your entire career is going to waste

speaking of which, where’s Stocker?
VFL. Actually had a great game on the weekend by all reports, let's see if he's in next week.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
bahahahaha... dixon!.. the AFL’s biggest spud is now classed as “greatness”. fu** me.

fair to say I havent read much of Sam’s work in the past. Fair to say I won’t bother reading any of it in the future if this effort is anything to go by..

that whole paragraph is actually an insult to Kennedy and Franklin..

Surely a piss-take. Dixon can play well at times, but nobody would include him seriously in a sentence with the other 2.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Thanks friend... Yes well it was good to get the win after last weeks disaster, but yeah, it’s going to be a big ask at that dump next week. 16 years and counting... After next week we most likely will be behind our dear neighbours on the ladder 😂

Shame about the result today. I was half expecting it unfortunately, but hopefully a good opportunity for a reset in team selection etc. Even then they (Fremantle) could only win by a couple of goals, a bit sad really 🤣 Looking forward to see some more of the AFC’s youngsters coming through in the coming weeks!

Interstate sides shouldn't have to play there. All Vic games should be played at finals venues and there should never be the need for 2 separate forms of transport. No tassie, no Ballarat, no Geelong, it's bullshit that interstate sides play at these venues. I don't understand how Freo won, they made 4 unforced changes and totally blew their continuity credits.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Am I the only one who thinks it’s too early to write off Carlton?

(I am well aware history is not on my side here...)
They go badly until finals/success are out of reach

Then once that expectation is off they play well

Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
In 2019 you had a large number of coaching changes. North, Carlton and St Kilda all had their coaches resign or sacked part way through the season, and the caretakers all took on the permanent position after the new coach bounce.

St Kilda's was a little different as it appeared Ratten was always lined up to take over from Richardson.

But Scott leaves North, Shaw is a disaster for many reasons, and now the club is miles behind the 17th best team in the comp.

And then you have Teague. His appointment just reeked of desperation to me. He is not a head coach, at all. Great assistant, everyone loves him. But he looks clueless.

I know Carlton won't want another rebuild, but they have to go through that process again. Their list is terrible. Their best player in Cripps is half the player he was a few years ago. Mackay and Weitering are genuine talent, but can only do so much.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
In 2019 you had a large number of coaching changes. North, Carlton and St Kilda all had their coaches resign or sacked part way through the season, and the caretakers all took on the permanent position after the new coach bounce.

St Kilda's was a little different as it appeared Ratten was always lined up to take over from Richardson.

But Scott leaves North, Shaw is a disaster for many reasons, and now the club is miles behind the 17th best team in the comp.

And then you have Teague. His appointment just reeked of desperation to me. He is not a head coach, at all. Great assistant, everyone loves him. But he looks clueless.

I know Carlton won't want another rebuild, but they have to go through that process again. Their list is terrible. Their best player in Cripps is half the player he was a few years ago. Mackay and Weitering are genuine talent, but can only do so much.

Still can’t remember why Carlton got rid of Ratten. He actually had a positive coaching record (60-59-1), marginally positive but still positive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 29, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
Am I the only one who thinks it’s too early to write off Carlton?

(I am well aware history is not on my side here...)

You could wait a month and write them
off then. Might beat Essendon but that will be it. 3-6.

with Brisbane at Marvel Stadium, Essendon (MCG), Western Bulldogs (Marvel) and Melbourne (MCG) the next four assignments.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Razor Ray was on the radio and he explained the player can start off their line to allow for their "arc" as long as they kick over the mark. A matter of communication between the player and umpire, Ray sounded quite reasonable.
What does kick over the mark mean?

Does it mean that you can't allow for the wind with a shot after the siren?

Or does it mean kick from the line?

I assume it's the latter which brings me back to how wide is the line?

Slippery Pete

Samcro24 alias account
Jul 19, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide

He might’ve sounded reasonable but that is confusing as *.

What if you start off your line and then say to yourself, ”well, it’s not play on over here, I may as well ******* stay off my line and kick from over here with no man on the mark!”

Dec 18, 2007
Arcadia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks
Bucks was just on 360 being questioned about DeGooey getting the mobiles out during the match.

Responds with a smirk, 'the player who got the phones had just been ruled out with concussion, he wasn't thinking straight'.

Then questioned about if someone should have been looking after him, 'Covid. Covid means we are understaffed'.

Sincere responses?

Bucks was just on 360 being questioned about DeGooey getting the mobiles out during the match.

Responds with a smirk, 'the player who got the phones had just been ruled out with concussion, he wasn't thinking straight'.

Then questioned about if someone should have been looking after him, 'Covid. Covid means we are understaffed'.

Sincere responses?
That would be a fair comment if he was ruled out with concussion.

My understanding is that he wasnt initially ruled our with concussion during the game?

Sincere responses?
Bloke doesn't give a *. He's cooked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back