2021 Non-Crows AFL Talk 2: are the VFL corrupt?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Port work colleague (the same one in the Sunday Mail last weekend) is planning to wear his prison bars jumper to the Collingwood away game.

I have told him I'm genuinely worried for his safety.

I will have to have a look, but I’m not surprised by that, both of our clubs have a genuine, healthy respect for one another 👍

Yes... whilst I do agree that Port Powers flag chances are not as good as what they and their cult and media sympathisers would have you believe, until they are well and truly out of it, there is still the nerves and worry 😂 I don’t think I need to tell you that. Would be nice if they had somewhat of a challenging fixture 🙄

As for us (WCE) well we are definitely just trying to get through at the moment. Our biggest issue remains the midfield and the lack of depth we have there. There is a LOT more riding on getting Yeo back and having him in somewhat decent form... Our game plan has vulnerabilities, issues with contested and ground ball. You’re right, wet and dewy conditions are a weakness. We were able to adapt somewhat in that second wretched hub last season, but we need a full midfield to be able to compete...

Your kind words are appreciated 👍
You’ll enjoy this read then
It’s how a lot of us feel about West Coast

also this little crack at Port is quite good ....
9684D3C2-D897-4D3E-9AA4-D2EF5050701D.png

My Port work colleague (the same one in the Sunday Mail last weekend) is planning to wear his prison bars jumper to the Collingwood away game.

I have told him I'm genuinely worried for his safety.

I can't get my head around grown men wearing a footy jumper to a game as a spectator.

There is so much nice apparel these days in your club colours, not like the old days where you wore your duffel coat.

It makes me think of the bike riders who look like tryhard w***ers with their "sponsored" lycra outfits riding to the cafe on the weekend.

I can't get my head around grown men wearing a footy jumper to a game as a spectator.

There is so much nice apparel these days in your club colours, not like the old days where you wore your duffel coat.

It makes me think of the bike riders who look like tryhard w***ers with their "sponsored" lycra outfits riding to the cafe on the weekend.
Or every w***er on a Harley dressing up like he’s the head of The Finks.

I wear my jumper, what’s wrong with that?

I see no issue wearing one to a game as a spectator. It's part and parcel of the game - and every sport has people that wear their team's playing top to the game.

Now, places like Culture Kings, who try to act all hip and cool by selling sports teams apparel - and the people that buy/wear them but have no idea about the team they're wearing. I don't get that at all.

Culture Kings got absolutely roasted over the weekend for advertising a Pittsburgh Penguins guernsey as the 'Redhawks' - besides the fact Culture Kings have absolutely no idea about the teams they're selling apparel for, they're also selling the NHL's equivalent of the budget guernsey's the AFL sell in Kmart (but still trying to slug you $119 for it)

Last edited:

I can handle a jumper
No probs
It’s face painting I can’t abide !

I see no issue wearing one to a game as a spectator. It's part and parcel of the game - and every sport has people that wear their team's playing top to the game.

Now, places like Culture Kings, who try to act all hip and cool by selling sports teams apparel - and the people that buy/wear them but have no idea about the team they're wearing. I don't get that at all.

Culture Kings got absolutely roasted over the weekend for advertising a Pittsburgh Penguins guernsey as the 'Redhawks' - besides the fact Culture Kings have absolutely no idea about the teams they're selling apparel for, they're also selling the NHL's equivalent of the budget guernsey's the AFL sell in Kmart (but still trying to slug you $119 for it)

Each to their own but I reckon it is more a youngsters getup, seeing 40+ year olds sporting a beer gut in a footy jumper whilst scoffing a pie in the stands is not a good look.

Not saying you fine gentleman are over 40 with beer guts who like pies, more a general observation.

Each to their own but I reckon it is more a youngsters getup, seeing 40+ year olds sporting a beer gut in a footy jumper whilst scoffing a pie in the stands is not a good look.

Not saying you fine gentleman are over 40 with beer guts who like pies, more a general observation.
I'm over 40 don't have a beer gut, like my pies and wear my crows guernsey to the footy.

I’m 35 and ripped.

Well my jumper might have a slight tear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well 1 out of 3 aint bad :D

Put me in with the jumper wearers. Had no idea it was considered lame when it's pretty much a tradition in all sports across the world.

Can't help but think it's another one of those "Don't wear the band shirt of the band you're seeing" things.

Put me in with the jumper wearers. Had no idea it was considered lame when it's pretty much a tradition in all sports across the world.

Can't help but think it's another one of those "Don't wear the band shirt of the band you're seeing" things.
I have never heard of the “band “ thing being a thing .....

For hitting a Port supporter? ;)

The problem is: who would be attacking a supporter of the losing team? He was in mufti: could have been a Geelong supporter?
Odds on it was about Hinkley

Better not drop O'Connor after one game
👍🏼
In; McAsey, Walker, McHenry
Out: Kelly, O'Brien, Mackay

B: Brown, Butts, Doedee
HB: Smith, McAsey, Hamill
C: Seedsman, Keays, Sholl
HF: Sloane, Fogarty, Berry
F: McAdam, Walker, Thilthorpe
R: Frampton, Schoenberg, Laird
I: Jones, O'Connor, McHenry, Rowe
Keeping Frampton in ?

👍🏼
Well 1 out of 3 aint bad :D
lol

👍🏼

I’ll accept it at a Grand Final. Maybe. *

Worst is when they have a number on the back.

*Or if your name is FR0GGY, cos everybody loves FR0GGY

No age "restriction", how old is too old?

Or are you guys still going to wear your footy jumper in your 70's whilst pouring a cup of tea out of your thermos?

Be great watching those tuck shop arms flapping around after a goal. Or will you go to long sleeves?

If Port can't sort out their financial woes and have to fold that is going to be terrible for SA footy, if this was a one team town, there would be zero accountability for performance and the VFL would hate us even more.

I wonder if it did happen if Port fans would become Crows fans or if they'd all pick a new team to support?
I'm not sure what I'd do.... I'd probably give up on footy and go all in on soccer or basketball or local SANFL
I think it would be absolutely fine to go back to the Crows being SA's only team. I loved the Kick a Vic days.

Port are a vague distraction, and it would have us MORE focused on success if they disappeared.

Most sports only have one team per state. Doesn't harm our BigBash team.

No age "restriction", how old is too old?

Or are you guys still going to wear your footy jumper in your 70's whilst pouring a cup of tea out of your thermos?

Be great watching those tuck shop arms flapping around after a goal. Or will you go to long sleeves?
I don't drink tea or use a thermos so this doesn't apply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back