2021 Non-Crows AFL Talk 2: are the VFL corrupt?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favourite part of the whole jumping when he didn't need to was not even keeping his feet when he landed.

He couldn't have ballsed that up anymore if he was Mackay trying to rush a behind from 20 metres out
Show pony w***er personified.

trying to make the ridiculously easy look spectacularly difficult. He succeeded. w***er!

Ken is a deadset moron.

Says it is disrespectfull to Brisbane, WCE and Bulldogs to call Port flat trackers. Then says how all three are very good teams.

That is why you are flat trackers, can't beat good teams. No disrespect for those other sides with that reference at all. You just are not good enough against good teams.

He has coached 3 Finals wins in 9 seasons. Yet he has won more than 50 of games he has coached. That record alone says flat trackers.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Ken is a deadset moron.

Says it is disrespectfull to Brisbane, WCE and Bulldogs to call Port flat trackers. Then says how all three are very good teams.

That is why you are flat trackers, can't beat good teams. No disrespect for those other sides with that reference at all. You just are not good enough against good teams.

He has coached 3 Finals wins in 9 seasons. Yet he has won more than 50 of games he has coached. That record alone says flat trackers.

Anyone notice the subtle changing of the narrative?

Last year they were top of the ladder every week until prelim week.

Start of the season Ken was asked if they were better this year, he says absolutely. Players are publicly talking about going undefeated this year.

Now the Power are saying, 'it's tough to beat those top 4 teams'.

Anyone notice the subtle changing of the narrative?

Last year they were top of the ladder every week until prelim week.

Start of the season Ken was asked if they were better this year, he says absolutely. Players are publicly talking about going undefeated this year.

Now the Power are saying, 'it's tough to beat those top 4 teams'.
They have realised what they are and have to change up the narrative to their minions.

No talk of three Premierships in five years any more.

They have realised what they are and have to change up the narrative to their minions.

No talk of three Premierships in five years any more.

They desperately need a top 2 finish, was almost enough for them last year. Not sure they get it this year.

There was in their charity letter to members.
Probably written a few weeks ago.

If I was a Port member I would ask for some transparency over the China situation. Why that never generated what they said it would and why even before COVID debt was increasing.

They really should not be asking their members for donations after spending so many resources on China. At the very least Koch should be sacked as he was the main driver of that failed experiment.

I am worried that Port are getting exposed now

This period they're usually rolled gold before getting a rude, hilarious shock at the business end of the season

I'd prefer they were guzzling bathwater rather than realising they have things to work on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd prefer they were guzzling bathwater
Dont worry your wish will be granted, Pies at the G.

They will tear them a new one. They will be a flat track bully and everything will be fine at Alberton, they have Freo to follow that, then the Suns.

Dont worry your wish will be granted, Pies at the G.

They will tear them a new one. They will be a flat track bully and everything will be fine at Alberton, they have Freo to follow that, then the Suns.

Best way to shut down flat track bully tag is to lose this weekend. Make it happen Ken.

Ken is a deadset moron.

I'm no Port hater, i barrack for them to win most weeks. But Hinkley is a touch self satisfied and it shows very clearly when interviewed. He comes across as if he's up there with Clarko and Dimma with 3 flags in the back pocket or he's sitting on an unbeatable conveyance. And this confidence comes from 10 goal wins against non-contenders and regular losses against the top few. It's like how we judge fringe player form, dine out on the hapless and you're locked in for 2 months, we don't know the difference between opponents, all battles are equally difficult.

Anyway, what he's effectively saying is that those teams were super awesome bevause they managed to beat Port. It's a lesser win for them if Port are FTBs. He's heading towards delusion.

Last edited:
I'm no Port hater, i barrack for them to win most weeks. But Hinkley is a touch self satisfied and it shows very clearly when interviewed. He comes across as if he's up there with Clarko and Diana with 3 flags in the back pocket or he's sitting on an unbeatable conveyance. And this confidence comes from 10 goal wins against non-contenders and regular losses against the top few. It's like how we judge fringe player form, dine out on the hapless and you're locked in for 2 months, we don't know the difference between opponents, all battles are equally difficult.

Anyway, what he's effectively saying is that those teams were super awesome bevause they managed to beat Port. It's a lesser win for them if Port are FTBs. He's heading towards delusion.

Kochie's blind loyalty has made Ken far too comfortable.

I'm no Port hater, i barrack for them to win most weeks. But Hinkley is a touch self satisfied and it shows very clearly when interviewed. He comes across as if he's up there with Clarko and Diana with 3 flags in the back pocket or he's sitting on an unbeatable conveyance. And this confidence comes from 10 goal wins against non-contenders and regular losses against the top few. It's like how we judge fringe player form, dine out on the hapless and you're locked in for 2 months, we don't know the difference between opponents, all battles are equally difficult.

Good point.

Ken is not a great coach, but great at positioning the image of himself as a great coach. Especially in the eyes of the Port decision makers.

And good luck to him. He has milked about $6m in salary from Port in 10 seasons being mediocre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back