2021 Non-Crows AFL Talk 2: are the VFL corrupt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Them or Melbourne at this point in time, IMO

Bris and WB close, but a bit down in form
Still not convinced about Melbourne personally. Not much depth or finals experience. They are this year's Port IMO.

*Edited for clarity

Last edited:
What makes you think this is Port's year? They have failed every test against a top 4 side to date. Lost to both the Cats and Dogs at home and were creamed by the Eagles and Lions. They scraped home against Richmond but they're not top 4 this year. This is very much a 2017 year for Port, they can beat the non-finalists but are shown up when it matters. Last year was their chance.

What makes you think this is Port's year? They have failed every test against a top 4 side to date. Lost to both the Cats and Dogs at home and were creamed by the Eagles and Lions. They scraped home against Richmond but, at the G, it wouldn't be a contest. This is very much a 2017 year for Port, they can beat the non-finalists but are shown up when it matters.
Ah think you misunderstood sorry, I meant Melbourne 2021 is Port 2020. Probably should've said *they* are this year's Port.

Thought you were asking if not rating Melbourne was sarcasm.

Mar 23, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Good to hear something different from a player. Not sure anyone's ever said that after kicking the winning goal.

Would also like to hear more players give full credit to the boys and mention that they were up against quality opposition so knew they had to bring it.
And somehow work “Shawshank Redemption” into the interview....yeah I know I go on about that 😆

I’ll stop now.

treeman

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Just checked the ladder, how the hell are we ahead of Carlton on the ladder?
They will probably lose this weekend too.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

Mar 23, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just checked the ladder, how the hell are we ahead of Carlton on the ladder?
They will probably lose this weekend too.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk
The improvement in our side has been enjoyable. That, and Carlton look like they'll always be Carlton.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
1624057834083.png

I saw this article (or similar) when searching family history at the State Library.

Some of the figures look dodgy and '' we will have a licenced facility in Adelaide and Melbourne'' tickled given current events.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Having a busy day I only caught up with the Port Mask story

1. In any other situation I would say so what
2. Given EVERYBODY else in the photo - bar 1 with a chin mask - is wearing a mask - having 4 players sit in a row without stands out
3. The outright lie of food is outrageous (and bring on the Port lawyers - sue me and lets check those credit cards)
4. Stars? Haha

2. Given EVERYBODY else in the photo - bar 1 with a chin mask - is wearing a mask - having 4 players sit in a row without stands out
3. The outright lie of food is outrageous (and bring on the Port lawyers - sue me and lets check those credit cards)
4. Stars? Haha
I think this is the thing that shits me the most. All four of them stood out like dogs balls. The entitlement. The absolute outright lie that they were eating. Only one of them had a drink bottle in his hand…and none of them had masks at the ready. Most people just have their masks dangling from an ear and then put them back on once finished eating and drinking.

RoweyThePainter

Club Legend
May 17, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide

4. Stars? Haha

I don't know why they can never just be "AFL players", everyone is a "star". No.

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
If they have seven $800k players then on average they must be paying the other 29 guys on their senior list $255k
So they're overpaying those 29 players as well?

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America

4. Stars? Haha
Point two is where I am surprised the AFL let them off.

It is a horrible look.

Next time the AFL needs an exemption from SA Health for an AFL club to play here, the Karens of the world will arc up about entitled footballers getting their way, yet don't care about the rest of society. Selfish brats.

When you see that photo, and the feeble reason for why they received no sanction from the AFL, it is hard to argue against that.

This is the exact reason why we deserved our fine. Our guys broke the rules. You cop a penalty.

This industry is privileged to trade through with Health Authorities assistance. Whether representing the AFL or in free time these guys need to be following all rules the Health Authorities insist upon.

Not have club officials concoct a story to get out of it, when the picture tells a different story.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Point two is where I am surprised the AFL let them off.

It is a horrible look.

Next time the AFL needs an exemption from SA Health for an AFL club to play here, the Karens of the world will arc up about entitled footballers getting their way, yet don't care about the rest of society. Selfish brats.

When you see that photo, and the feeble reason for why they received no sanction from the AFL, it is hard to argue against that.

This is the exact reason why we deserved our fine. Our guys broke the rules. You cop a penalty.

This industry is privileged to trade through with Health Authorities assistance. Whether representing the AFL or in free time these guys need to be following all rules the Health Authorities insist upon.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
They should have been fined for trying to justify it with credit card statements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back