Opinion 2021 North Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

So have we seen enough yet?

Dead set it HAS to be taken off him.

I'd almost say he has lost us the game with demoralising D grade finishing.

Cannot become a quality team with such poor leadership.

Yep.

Happy with that with Jy not sure as could be a bolter but yep.
Some want him in now, he’s too young and i reckon it will stunt his development ala Trengrove @ Melbourne..

Tarrant must be Captain.

1 year enough like Sherm and co say.

Purely out of sympathy for his mids letting him down for years.

As long as it’s not Jack, I don’t care who the 2 yr interim is till Jye takes it on.

Fair call. I'd llke Tarrant to get it as respect him so highly.

But frankly whoever it is I couldn't care less as long as not Jack.

Club needs to move forward with Shaw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No point making a 32yo captain. I'd give it to Frog.

Frog is barely best 22 mate at full strength.

I just think Taz deserves it - always in perfect condition, led superbly down back, so composed etc.

Yep I'm biased I guess.

I just think a great story from injury career gone to one of best defenders in league.

ps; Ziebell is still required etc. Just a new voice

Frog is barely best 22 mate at full strength.

I just think Taz deserves it - always in perfect condition, led superbly down back, so composed etc.

Yep I'm biased I guess.

I just think a great story from injury career gone to one of best defenders in league.

ps; Ziebell is still required etc. Just a new voice

Disagree on Frog. Selfless and consistent contributor.

Some want him in now, he’s too young and i reckon it will stunt his development ala Trengrove @ Melbourne..

Carey got it when he was younger than Jy. Jy is 23 next year.

The club needs to show some balls and give it to Jy or L-Mac.

Carey got it when he was younger than Jy. Jy is 23 next year.

The club needs to show some balls and give it to Jy or L-Mac.
Carey is the greatest player that ever lived, Jy isn’t..
Carey also inherited a group of players on the cusp of greatness, Jy has a 17th place group in front of him..

Let Jy concentrate on perfecting his craft for the next few years, not trying to lift a basketcase off the bottom of the ladder with his young shoulders.. leave that to the experienced cats..

Carey is the greatest player that ever lived, Jy isn’t..
Carey also inherited a group of players on the cusp of greatness, Jy has a 17th place group in front of him..

Let Jy concentrate on perfecting his craft for the next few years, not trying to lift a basketcase off the bottom of the ladder with his young shoulders.. leave that to the experienced cats..

Carey wasn’t the greatest player that had ever lived when given the Captaincy and that side was also coming off a poor season and a flogging in a pre-season game that saw the coach get fired.

We should have let Ian Fairley and Ross Smith Captain the club for a few years I guess. Why show some balls when you can just hand blokes a role because they have hanged around for a while.

Jy will be 23 at start of 2021 season. Is 23 to young to be captain ?

That's fine.

He is not Captain material to me.

As previous with a full squad he barely plays (as per Jack)

(feel free to disagree)
Dumont would be one of the first picked every week. Should go back to back top 5 in our best and fairest. Not sure whether he would make a good captain but to say he would barely play with a full squad is an interesting opinion. I think he is close to our most consistent player.

Carey wasn’t the greatest player that had ever lived when given the Captaincy and that side was also coming off a poor season and a flogging in a pre-season game that saw the coach get fired.

We should have let Ian Fairley and Ross Smith Captain the club for a few years I guess. Why show some balls when you can just hand blokes a role because they have hanged around for a while.
Carey was already the stud and leader in our u19 premiership team, he oozed swagger and craved the big time. He was already leading most of our young players from that premiership side by the time he got the nod so the transition wasn’t hard.

Can’t believe you think Jy would be in the King’s league for leadership at his age.. mind blowing..

Luke Hodge didn’t captain Hawthorn until he was 27 years old FFS..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back