NFL 2021 Off-season and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Steelers CB Justin Layne was arrested during a traffic stop early Friday morning.
Layne has since been charged with driving under suspension, a speed limit violation, and having a firearm in his vehicle. A 2019 third round pick, Layne has played in 26 games for Pittsburgh over the past couple seasons. There's a good chance he'll face a suspension once the NFL looks into his arrest.
SOURCE: ProFootballTalk.com
Apr 23, 2021, 8:50 AM ET

Chiefs acquired OT Orlando Brown, the No. 58 pick in the 2021 draft, and a 2022 sixth-round selection from the Ravens in exchange for the No. 31 overall pick, a 2021 third- and fourth-round pick, and a fifth-round selection in the 2022 draft.
Brown, a Pro Bowl player for Baltimore at both its left and right tackle spots, arrives as Kansas City's projected left tackle on the final year of his contract. It's another move that revamps and fortifies the team's offensive line ahead of the 2021 season, adding the 24-year-old alongside Joe Thuney, Kyle Long, and Austin Blythe. With Baltimore now holding the No. 27 and 31 picks on Thursday night, bettors should also expect an additional wide receiver to fall at the end of the first round. The Chiefs meanwhile will work towards extending Brown as he plays out the final year of his deal.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Apr 23, 2021, 2:59 PM ET

I cant bring myself to watch any of this s**t, racists chasing pedos, they deserve each other. Just got to hope he got caught out before he actually interfered with any kids. He was good for a laugh now & then but completely lost the plot post the SB imo when it became clear he had a deep seated hatred of women amongst other 'things' it now turns out...

Also the dude has an arsenal of high powered weapons, high end s**t, so who knows where this ends up...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Patriots voted against jersey number change
Posted by Mike Florio on April 23, 2021, 11:33 AM EDT

Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are back on the same page.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Patriots were one of a handful of teams to vote against the rule that dramatically expands the available jersey numbers to linebackers, defensive backs, running backs, receivers, and tight ends. Coach Bill Belichick, per the source, hates the new rule.

So does Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady, who was silent about it before the rule was passed but who has railed about it since the owners voted to adopt it on Wednesday.

It’s believed that four or five teams voted against the rule. Nine “no” votes were needed to kill the rule.

As Peter King noted on Friday’s PFT Live, the Chiefs never would have proposed the rule if coach Andy Reid believed that the rule would create any sort of strategic disadvantage for offenses whose players may be confused by the positions played by players who are aligned in creative and unpredictable ways.

Any idea of what a player would net from the sale of 'his' jumper?
This would suggest that the answer for most players is (relatively) not much. After the 2018 season, Brady made $2.35m in royalties from jerseys, being in Madden and other NFLPA licenced "endorsements"

There's a lot more numbers from that season in this article if you have access to The Athletic

Last edited:
So en route for some R/R in Punta Cana, DR

Just thought I would mention that an airport employee asked if I was on the Browns coaching staff. I wear khakis on flights and had a Browns polo on.

Confirms what we all know—I should be the head ball coach

;)

So en route for some R/R in Punta Cana, DR

Just thought I would mention that an airport employee asked if I was on the Browns coaching staff. I wear khakis on flights and had a Browns polo on.

Confirms what we all know—I should be the head ball coach

;)
What we want to know is whether you said yes or no.
Hoping you told him you work in the analytics department.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back