NFL 2021 Off-season and Free Agency Discussion

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
I think its probably time we get a thread specifically for discussion of stupid and/or cryptic player tweets, inevitable run-ins with the police, player retirements, cuts and FA signings.

Draft discussion can stay here

And discussion of staff hiring and firing can stay in its thread

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
First item of discussion - Deshaun Watson's ongoing frustration with the Houston Texans. This time:

In case anyone doesn't understand what his cryptic tweet means, he's referring to this
ErzMqy-XIAAt6aq

It's looking more and more like this will end in a trade request

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
9 News Denver's Mike Klis reports Von Miller is "under criminal investigation" by Parker police in Colorado.
“We’re not commenting on nature of the allegations," said Parker police spokesman Josh Hans. "We haven’t completed the investigation.” That's all we have so far, as Klis has added nothing to the report at this point.
SOURCE: Mike Klis on Twitter
Jan 15, 2021, 2:41 PM ET

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
9 News Denver's Mike Klis reports Von Miller is "under criminal investigation" by Parker police in Colorado.
“We’re not commenting on nature of the allegations," said Parker police spokesman Josh Hans. "We haven’t completed the investigation.” That's all we have so far, as Klis has added nothing to the report at this point.
SOURCE: Mike Klis on Twitter
Jan 15, 2021, 2:41 PM ET
kinda strange nothing has leaked out yet about this.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
LOL Browns have a winning season and the Jets hire a seemingly competent HC. so naturally the bottom 1/3 of the league all dueling it out for who will be the poster child for dumpster fire the next 10+years

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Ravens are expected to explore a contract extension for Lamar Jackson this offseason.
Jackson has one year left on his rookie deal but the Ravens will make the easy decision to pick up his fifth-year option. Baltimore has a history of extending players early and a deal could get done sometime before next year's training camp. Currently without an agent, it's not clear if Jackson plans to represent himself in contract talks. Jackson had a down 2020 but is going to command top-five quarterback money.
SOURCE: NFL Network
Jan 16, 2021, 12:18 PM ET

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
i wonder if Watson would be gettable for 3 first round picks. There wont be many teams willing to give up that much or many that are even in the championship window that could get him.

Colts would be a chance if they were not in the same division.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
😅
Texans going through the checklist of how to piss off the face of the franchise.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Ravens are expected to explore a contract extension for Lamar Jackson this offseason.
Jackson has one year left on his rookie deal but the Ravens will make the easy decision to pick up his fifth-year option. Baltimore has a history of extending players early and a deal could get done sometime before next year's training camp. Currently without an agent, it's not clear if Jackson plans to represent himself in contract talks. Jackson had a down 2020 but is going to command top-five quarterback money.
SOURCE: NFL Network
Jan 16, 2021, 12:18 PM ET

Might wana hold off on that extension and just make him play on the fifth year option after this s**t show.

Yes, because good teams make decisions based on 1 game :rolleyes:

I guess following a team run by idiots like Gettleman and Hurney has rubbed off on you

You'd happily lock yourself into a multi year extension on the back of this? Seems rather silly.

it is too early to give an extension. he didnt get them a SB like Flacco. now they'll be tied to a 5 yr contract worth $120m, etc etc, see Wentz

Exactly.

Jackson should absolutely be trying to get an extension signed asap. Don't blame him in the slightest. If I'm the ravens though what is the rush?

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
You'd happily lock yourself into a multi year extension on the back of this? Seems rather silly.
Depends on the contract, but I wouldn't be making that decision off the back of this game

Lamar hasn't been good, but has is the case when the Ravens offense (frequently) doesn't work, its because of more than just him. Greg Roman, the Center, the WRs and Ronnie Stanley's injury have all played more than their fair share in why it didn't work

Depends on the contract, but I wouldn't be making that decision off the back of this game

Lamar hasn't been good, but has is the case when the Ravens offense (frequently) doesn't work, its because of more than just him. Greg Roman, the Center, the WRs and Ronnie Stanley's injury have all played more than their fair share in why it didn't work

And I'm not saying you don't take the fifth year option and let him walk am I? You've overreacted to what I posted.

He's had one excellent season and the rest have been so so. Get a new coordinator and see how he goes under him on the fifth year option. No point in locking yourself into a ridiculous 5 year deal right now.

Last edited:
Back