NFL 2021 Off-season and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Seahawks OL Mike Iupati announced his retirement.
“My body was telling me it was time to close the door,” Iupati told Peter Harriman of The Spokesman-Review. A four-time Pro Bowl player, Iupati spent his first five seasons in the NFL with the 49ers, finalizing his 11-year career with the Seahawks from 2019 on. He appeared in 140 regular-season games including 11 postseason contests. He most recently missed several games late into last year when a significant neck injury cropped up, ultimately deciding that at age 33 his NFL career had come full circle. He walks away with $50.75 million in career earnings.
SOURCE: The Spokesman-Review
Feb 22, 2021, 1:15 PM ET
Does that mean that there's no longer any players in the NFL from the University of Idaho?

Or is that ex Saints Linebacker still running around.

Does that mean that there's no longer any players in the NFL from the University of Idaho?

Or is that ex Saints Linebacker still running around.

Looks like there are at least 4 - Benson Mayowa (starting DE for SEA), Jesse Davis (back-up OT for MIA), Jake Luton (QB for JAX) and Kaden Elliss (the back LB you mentioned)

Looks like there are at least 4 - Benson Mayowa (starting DE for SEA), Jesse Davis (back-up OT for MIA), Jake Luton (QB for JAX) and Kaden Elliss (the back LB you mentioned)
Elliss just conveniently matched my description.

The player I was thinking of never actually got to the Saints lol.

Played on the Rams for 08-11 and Seahawks in 11

David Vobora (Probably why I remembered the name, was the 2008 Mr Irrelevant)

Any good football book recommendations? I've read Belichick.

Some that I vouch for....

Paper Lion by George Plimpton (it is from another era of football but is a great read as Plimpton actually writes the book whilst being on the preseason roster of the Lions).
Friday Night Lights by Buzz Bissinger (high school football)
Take Your Eye Off The Ball by Pat Kirwin (great insights into how much is going on a football field away from the ball)

These are some of my favorites but there is a lot of stuff out there....personally I steer away from the bios as they nearly always follow the same theme of...being told they will never make it, rough upbringing, professional setbacks and how they managed to triumph over all.

Check out this thread.

Scandalous org :rolleyes:

They’re alleging that the Pats conspired to keep Bielema’s salary artificially low so that he could continue getting his payout from Arkansas. They claim these redacted emails, of which they have access to, show that.

This isn’t about the Arkansas foundation just wanting to make the assistant coaching salaries public for no reason.

There's a bunch of good books on this list. It depends on what you're looking for....

Collision Low Crossers is mentioned at the end and I'd definitely recommend that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Miami Herald's Barry Jackson reports there's "mutual interest" between the Dolphins and impending free agent Aaron Jones.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Barry Jackson on Twitter
Feb 24, 2021, 12:01 AM ET
Miami Herald's Barry Jackson reports there's "mutual interest" between the Dolphins and impending free agent Aaron Jones.
Miami will have roughly $26 million in cap space when the new league year begins and could easily create an additional $36 million in cap space by restructuring contracts and/or outright releasing a number of veterans. The Dolphins could also opt for the cheaper route in adding to its backfield with the No. 18 overall pick and instead allocating any excess cap to a high-end wide receiver and another cog in the front-seven — two other drastic needs. With the Jets also reportedly in on Jones, odds are the 26-year-old at the very least opens 2021 as a workhorse among his own backfield. That would also likely entail Jamaal Williams re-upping with the Packers immediately.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Barry Jackson on Twitter
Feb 24, 2021, 12:01 AM ET

Just watched it.was an interesting 10-12min segment. You could see the anger and frustration of them and even Mike Tomlin about more qualified black coaches getting overlooked for idiots like the Lions hired or people we needed to google like the eagles or Chargers did. Hell both OCs and one DC from the superbowl were black but none got a 2nd interview. And I don't think either Leftwitch or Bowles even got looked at

Real sports also had a segment on youth sports going on and being suoerspreader events and the lengths they are going to so they can play. Like playing on Indian reservations to avoid state regulations

Remove this Banner Ad

Back