NFL 2021 Off-season and Free Agency Discussion

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Something that kinda shocked me was learning that Bruce Arians was the first white guy to dorm with a black guy at Virginia Tech. It took till the seventies for that to happen. That and learning Ruby Bridge is still alive and fighting for civil rights really made realize just how relatively recent desegregation and the civil right movement was happening. The photo being in black in white make it seem so long ago, but there are millions still that lived through those eras.

Just saw the stat and it shocked me

The Buccaneers won the NFC Central/North more recently than the Lions and they both have the same amount of NFC Central/North titles as each other

I'd hope we are we aren't (Wilson is on the slide big time imo) , but it wouldn't surprise me if Carolina is asking about Russ as a back up plan for Watson with Fitterer departing Seattle after 15 + seasons to become the Panthers GM this offseason.
The first half of last season was probably his best ever

His second half was almost his worst too I guess

Wouldn't say he is sliding big time though

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

The first half of last season was probably his best ever

His second half was almost his worst too I guess

Wouldn't say he is sliding big time though

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Perfect time to trade him before he loses value. Plenty to worry about in the second half last season. Things I've never seen from Wilson before ( panicking and lack of awareness) feel like the end of him being a star QB is now.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Raiders released DB Lamarcus Joyner.
Las Vegas will take on $2.5 million in dead cap space from Joyner’s contract rather than paying him the $9.95 million he was due this upcoming season. Signed to a four-year, $42 million deal in 2019, 30-year-old Joyner essentially accrued $22 million for 28 games, failing to record a single interception in two seasons. He'll go down as one of the biggest free agency whiffs of Jon Gruden's and Mike Mayock's tenures.
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Mar 8, 2021, 4:29 PM ET

sh*t time to be a FA unless you are a QB

Somehow he ends up with a better deal after snapping his leg then he would of got last season.

yeah just read that. Seems to much to me

No chance I thought they'd reach an agreement, Dak beat Jerry at his own game. Folded like a cheap tent. Great work by his agent.

imagine being the cowboys and 12 months ago not getting a deal done when he wanted $30-35m a year and then broke his leg and now costs you $40m a year

In a strange way it probably worked out great for Dak, the offense was pathetic with Dalton who despite his limitations has been a competent NFL QB.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
In a strange way it probably worked out great for Dak, the offense was pathetic with Dalton who despite his limitations has been a competent NFL QB.
The NFL always works out like this. either you overpay or you fear you will be stuck with someone like Dalton or Mitch at QB and go nowhere.
Its the effect of the league only having 10-12 QB's that are actually good and the rest are so anonymous they are almost interchangeable and wont make teams better or worse.

Good get if you can get him right,but I feel Wilson is already a lost cause. His behaviour as a rookie was pretty much unheard of.

Back