NFL 2021 Off-season and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Safety Marcus Maye tagged by the Jets as expected.

Carolina expected to tag right tackle Taylor Moton in hopes of a long term deal being reached.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
Dak kotd....what a staggering contract. NFL needs to cap single contracts to a % of the total TPP per team. Stops this ridiculous sequence where the last contract sets to market no matter who the player.
There were proposals a few years ago about 2 caps. one for Offense and one for Defense, and another proposal to have QB's not included in the cap or part of the contract outside the cap with like a soft cap thing.

It came out of the fear that we are heading to a time where a QB would take up like 20% of the cap alone. which i think some players have since reached.

but being the market leader isnt just a QB problem, most positions have that when new players are up for deals. its just QB's are over valued and agents know that so leverage it against teams.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
It's crazy that teams are paying so much for QBs that aren't even in the top bracket and committing you to mediocrity.
even the good ones f**k over the teams because there is so much money invested there that its hard to put together a super bowl roster paying $30m+ on a QB. unless you hit almost every pick in 2-3 drafts.

Its why teams will be more likely to go all in on trades for players if they have a QB on a rookie deal.

& coming back off knee injuries, no guarantees he will get back to where he was, which was good/very good but certainly not great.
Wasn't Dak's an ankle destruction and not a knee?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico

It'll be interesting to see just how backloaded this contract is if this tweet is true

EDIT: Sounds like its technically a 6 year deal (for the purposes of spreading out the signing bonus) that automatically voids after year 4. The Cowboys are really betting on a massive salary cap by that 4th year judging by the cap hits

dak.PNG

Last edited:
QB salaries are going pretty nuts, but compared to what scrub players make in the NBA it's still relatively small.

Owners in the NFL have had it too good for too long, salary cap needs to go up and contracts should all be guaranteed money, it's a n outdated joke of a contract system honestly.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
That Dak deal is staggering to me for a guy who is still trading on the name he made in his debut season.

Top 10 2021 QB money around $30m I could've bought - but 40+ is outrageous.

That Dak deal is staggering to me for a guy who is still trading on the name he made in his debut season.

He had the Cowboys cornered. If they were drafting in the top 5 they would have just let him walk I'm sure. The pick 10 to 20 range in the draft is the worst possible place to be from a team building perspective if you don't have a QB.

If memory serves. Dak had more yards and TD's than any other Cowboy QB going into week 17 last season and he only played a handful of games

If memory serves. Dak had more yards and TD's than any other Cowboy QB going into week 17 last season and he only played a handful of games
No, but close.

End of season
Dalton 2169 yards (1926 entering week 17), 14 TDs (14 entering week 17)
Prescott 1856 yards, 9 TDs
Gilbert 243 yards, 1 TD
DiNucci 219 yards

4489 yards and 24 TDs among all 4?
Stupid JJ. I'd be in heaven with that coaching Boise next year.
Instead we get a stupid defensive coach, zzzz.

Back