NFL 2021 Off-season and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Young guy with his girlfriend at westfields, sporting a bought from nflshop Minshew Jaguars teal with it jersey. Legend

Should have told him you're a big Mike Glennon fan.

Thats why he stared at me....i was wearing a handmade Glennon riding the waves t shirt 👍

Genuine lol. Could imagine you getting round in something like that. 😂

Theres a shop near where i live that does custom tee shirt designs. That was the first thing i thought when i saw his shop.

Yea I could imagine the thumbnail of the video wrapped around a t-shirt with Glennon on the front and "he rides waves" written on the back. 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think hed retire than be a backup which is a shame but yeah he strikes me as that kinda guy

100% , if he stinks it up early next year and the Steelers turn to someone else I could see him retiring on the spot.

Rule proposal will give kicking team a better chance to recover onside kicks
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 3, 2021, 6:32 AM EDT

Since the NFL changed the kickoff rules to prohibit a running start by the kicking team, onside kicks have become much less successful. A new rule proposal aims to change that.

The proposed rule would require the receiving team to have no more than nine players lined up in the “setup zone,” which is defined as the area between 10 and 25 yards from the spot of the kickoff.

Currently, NFL teams always put either 10 or 11 players in the setup zone when they’re expecting the opposing team to onside kick. According to the NFL’s tracking data, receiving teams expecting an onside kick line up with 10 players in the setup zone 87 percent of the time, and all 11 players in the setup zone the other 13 percent of the time.

With only nine players in the setup zone, fewer players on the receiving team will be in a position to recover the onside kick, and the kicking team will have a better chance to get to the ball. The NFL is also considering the fourth-and-15 alternative to the onside kick, but regardless of whether that rule passes, this rule would make onside kicks more viable.

I prefer this to the 4-15 idea because this idea emphasize s special teams, while the 4-15 idea favors teams with a good passing game.
Special teams has already been demphasized a lot with the 25 yardline touchback rule and limitation on blockers.

Rule never should have been changed to begin with. It’s not like onsiders were ever dangerous. It didn’t need to be messed with when they changed the normal kickoff rules.

Do an AFL , keep changing the rules until the game is unrecognizable and one finally works then give yourselves a massive pat on the back for it.

Broncos should make an agreement with the Niners for JG. Trade back to the 20s, collect a future 1st, a 2nd, a future 2nd etc, then use the 20s 1st to trade for Garrapolo once the Niners get their guy. That way they can say they were smart in collecting future picks etc in the process, and muffling the noise by giving away a late 1st at least

Remove this Banner Ad

Back