NFL 2021 Off-season and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Darnold is only 23, six months younger than Joe Burrow. Great spot for him with Brady and Rhule and not that expensive. I think worth the risk by Panthers.

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
Really don't like this trade from an Eagles perspective, adds to the list of non qbs that will be drafted before 12 but at the same time happy Darnold will get another go at it, deserves that.

Joe Douglas killing it though, nice haul.

AJ_2000

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2007
Right Here.... Right Now.
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Houston Roughnecks
Darnold is only 23, six months younger than Joe Burrow. Great spot for him with Brady and Rhule and not that expensive. I think worth the risk by Panthers.
I dont mind move. I think if you can workout a contract and get something for Teddy you could be jn a good spot at QB for a few years.

Plus I the Pathers could trade down their first to a team that wants to reach for Jones/Fields/Lance which could net out the draft capital used on Darnold.

You'll know more about the value/cost by the end of the draft

Last edited:
I dont mind move. I think if you can workout a contract and get something for Teddy you could be jn a good spot at QB for a few years.

Plus I the Pathers could trade down their first to a team that wants to reach for Jones/Fields/Lance which could net out the draft capital used on Darnold.

You'll know more about the value/cost by the end of the draft

Yea, I'm thinking we are trading back now also. Probably will look better after the draft.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Vikings CB Jeff Gladney turned himself into the Dallas County Jail stemming from a third degree felony charge in April.
Gladney was accused of hitting his girlfriend with closed fists, choking her and “pulling (her) by her hair trying to hold her still in order to get the Face ID to work” on her phone outside his vehicle on April 2. Minnesota's No. 31 overall pick last year, Gladney faces up to 2-10 years in prison if convicted. The 24-year-old's career is likely over if all accusations are proven true.
SOURCE: J.D. Miles on Twitter
Apr 5, 2021, 4:55 PM ET

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
So what does this mean? We were giggly **** for whoever the Niners are taking?
Daniel Jeremiah said a week ago the Panthers really wanted Mac Jones and part of the reason why the 9ers traded up a month before the draft was to ensure they wouldn't get beaten to him

Last edited:
Vikings CB Jeff Gladney turned himself into the Dallas County Jail stemming from a third degree felony charge in April.
Gladney was accused of hitting his girlfriend with closed fists, choking her and “pulling (her) by her hair trying to hold her still in order to get the Face ID to work” on her phone outside his vehicle on April 2. Minnesota's No. 31 overall pick last year, Gladney faces up to 2-10 years in prison if convicted. The 24-year-old's career is likely over if all accusations are proven true.

Defence gets pieces added and back, particularly around him, that could allow his career to take off & he puts it in the bin by being a POS.

These ******* guys.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh go on then, make him QB1.

20180716084317-b81a7a09.gif

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Hope the piece of work gets what's coming to him

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
So much for the 1st round pick they were holding out for.

But still get a bit more than i expected
Depending on how you value draft picks, what the Jets got was worth a mid 1st, or maybe more...

Note, the draft value charts these were taken from isn't the usual Jimmy Johnson one as analysis shows that it vastly overrates 1st round picks (and early 1sts in particular), but rather looks at the average expected production from each draft slot. The OTC method uses 2nd contract AAV as its measurement, whereas Football Perspective uses PFR's AV iirc

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
Hope the piece of work gets what's coming to him
a NRL contract?

But seriously thats a f**ked up thing. I will never understand what leads someone to hit their partner. but i think there were character concerns around him entering the draft.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
Depending on how you value draft picks, what the Jets got was worth a mid 1st, or maybe more...

show me a GM who would trade those picks for a 1st round pick, and ill show you a GM asking to be sacked right there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back