NFL 2021 Off-season and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

CBS' Jonathan Jones reports the Broncos have "put together an impressive deal" for Aaron Rodgers.
ProFootballTalk's Mike Florio also reports that "buzz" is building around a blockbuster trade that would send Rodgers to QB-desperate Denver. ESPN's Adam Schefter reporting Rodgers could refuse to play for the Packers again has surely sent teams scrambling to piece together knockout offers for Green Bay. A deal for Rodgers would likely involve Denver's ninth pick plus other picks in 2021 or 2022. Pass catchers like Noah Fant, Courtland Sutton, and Jerry Jeudy would see their ADPs jump (for good reason) if Rodgers were to land in Denver. The Packers' 2021 prospects -- along with those of Davante Adams -- would get awfully bleak if they were to lose the disgruntled Rodgers, who last year threw 48 touchdowns and a meager five interceptions in a Super Bowl run that ended in the NFC title game.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Jonathan Jones on Twitter
Apr 29, 2021, 7:57 PM ET

Rumour on the street is that fuey is now a Bengals fan

Nah... That's the kind of thing only people of your quality do...

I love the Packers, but the FO needs to get their s**t together, and I reckon Murphy/Gutekunst need to move on.

Nah... That's the kind of thing only people of your quality do...

I love the Packers, but the FO needs to get their sh*t together, and I reckon Murphy/Gutekunst need to move on.

Gute is losing me. His post draft presser was pretty pathetic and straight down the line for mine. Any chance of some enthusiasm and authentic answers.

Rumour on the street is that fuey is now a Bengals fan

These things are only official once you have a congaline in your signature so people can see your team rankings.

I'm a bit on the fence. I'm frustrated they haven't done everything they can to keep Rodgers happy, because he clearly requires extra attention than your normal player, but you can also argue that they have done a shitload for him.

Also which teams have a better chance at a title in the next say 3 years? Packers are stacked for this season at least.

Back for another NFC Championship game?

Pick 3, Jimmy G and other players offered to the Packers last night and was rejected

Lynch said the call was very quick. Packers must have hung up on them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Packers cap hit if they traded him today would have been more than his salary (plus no Aaron Rodgers). So it's pretty much impossible to trade him.

But it doesn't mean it isn't fun to speculate

I remember when Eagles fans told me last year i was stupid for suggesting Wentz could be traded coz of cap figures. 😎

I remember when Eagles fans told me last year i was stupid for suggesting Wentz could be traded coz of cap figures. 😎

Eagles aren't a contender, and need to rebuild so have chosen eat the money and not make the big signings.

GB have spent the past 3 months restructuring almost every contract on their books (except number 12), they've got 2m in space right now, so will need to do more creative accounting for the draft class. So they can't trade him today (or during the draft).

The only way they could move on would be a trade after June 1, when the hit would be spread across 2 seasons, or next year when it's 17m.

Lynch said the call was very quick. Packers must have hung up on them.
Put Rodgers in our offensive scheme with our defence and that would be scary good

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

The ticker on NFL network says the Panthers have exercised Darnold's 5th year option (at a pretty hefty price!)

To me that confirms they were absolutely prepared to take a QB at 8 yesterday, but Lance was the only one they were interested in.

The ticker on NFL network says the Panthers have exercised Darnold's 5th year option (at a pretty hefty price!)

To me that confirms they were absolutely prepared to take a QB at 8 yesterday, but Lance was the only one they were interested in.

No, it was like I told you, to keep people guessing, if they commit to Darnold's 5th year option before round one it makes it too obvious what they are doing. They wanted people to trade up and take QB before them so players they want will slide.

I'm pretty sure I heard when they signed him that they would take the 5th year.

Rich Eisen is also a dickhead, thinks hes so funny and smart, and shushes people around him or talks over them just so he can keep pushing the lame joke or ramble on listening to his own voice. Does it all the time on his own podcast.
100%. Only good time to listen to his show is when Simms is on there. Ryan Leaf has been a massive upgrade, although even he has his moments

Remove this Banner Ad

Back