Mega Thread 2021 Off-Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Snuffaluphagus

Sep 10, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Team

After a good suggestion, we’ve decided to move all non-AFL threads to the old and dusty “Purple Horde” sub thread. The hope is it has the following effects
A) Keeps them easily available but still out of sight
B) Encourages the use of the sub-forums like they are meant to be used for and brings a bit more organisation to the forum
C) While I love how passionate everyone is on the topics and that there is terrific debate on the topics, moderating the politics thread can get... tiresome. I’ll be letting things go a bit more, however personal attacks will not be tolerated and I encourage you to report them in any shape or form.

I fully realise this will mean you now have to click a whole extra button to get to where you want to be and will take an adjustment but we fully believe it will be better in the long run.

As usual, reach out to BeinPurplenGreen, myself and Tonga Bob to discuss anything as needed. Thanks for making the forum what it is.

Last edited:

Square Peg

Premiership Player
Jul 20, 2014
Fremantle WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Geez Medvedev looks the goods, it's like going back forty years to my yoof and watching Clubber Lang in Rocky III pulverise everyone that stands between him and a a shot at the champ.

Square Peg

Premiership Player
Jul 20, 2014
Fremantle WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just assumed after first set she was headed for a finals match with Serena 😢
It's hard to fathom what happened I agree, but it's the great thing about tennis. You can't run down the clock like a footy game no matter how far ahead you are, it's never over til that last point is played.
People I see are blaming the time out Muchove took but Ash just seemed to be second guessing herself, very un-Barty like.

Bring back Drum

Mini Bus
Jul 8, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
This is an exert from Danny Frawley autopsy document. Absolutely unbelievable & it is so very sad.
If anyone is interested, here is the report.

‘Mr Frawley was a professional Australian Football League (AFL) player, coach and commentator. He played 240 games over his professional career8, which spanned 1984 to 1995 and captained the St Kilda Football Club for nine seasons. During his career he sustained about 20 concussions, including losing consciousness, severe headaches and vision problems. He was admitted to The Epworth Hospital between five and six times for treatment for concussion.’

edit;get help & talk to people if you need help ladies & Gents. Please.

Last edited:

Bender571

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
This is an exert from Danny Frawley autopsy document. Absolutely unbelievable & it is so very sad.
If anyone is interested, here is the report.

‘Mr Frawley was a professional Australian Football League (AFL) player, coach and commentator. He played 240 games over his professional career8, which spanned 1984 to 1995 and captained the St Kilda Football Club for nine seasons. During his career he sustained about 20 concussions, including losing consciousness, severe headaches and vision problems. He was admitted to The Epworth Hospital between five and six times for treatment for concussion.’

edit;get help & talk to people if you need help ladies & Gents. Please.
Also worth highlighting this part

"Between 1996 and 2000 Mr Frawley was a coach for the Collingwood AFL team and then was appointed senior coach of Richmond, where he remained until 2004. Towards the end of his tenure at Richmond, issues arose that led to Mr Frawley being attacked in the press and heckled by crowds, which caused him significant distress. "

Remove this Banner Ad