Mega Thread 2021 Off-Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Who made the poor decision to move three of the more popular threads on the Fremantle board to the desolation pit that is the purple horde :rolleyes:

Absolutely astonishing how many people are unable to soberly assess risk, cost benefit and opportunity cost. I suppose it is not surprising when fear is the current tool favoured by politicians and the media - if history shows us nothing else it's how effective fear is at producing irrational responses.

Absolutely astonishing how many people are unable to soberly assess risk, cost benefit and opportunity cost. I suppose it is not surprising when fear is the current tool favoured by politicians and the media - if history shows us nothing else it's how effective fear is at producing irrational responses.

Millions sick or dead, hospitals , morgue overloaded. Countries closed down all because they did not assess risk. New variant that the health experts are not sure of. I personally like the idea of let's play it safe and not be sorry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not sure the Premier needs to tell Perth residents to stay indoors after 6pm
Perth has the nightlife of a retirement village on a good day! Lol

Millions sick or dead, hospitals , morgue overloaded. Countries closed down all because they did not assess risk. New variant that the health experts are not sure of. I personally like the idea of let's play it safe and not be sorry.

Lockdowns certainly have their place in fighting a pandemic. As the WHO says, as a last resort.
Locking down when you have one case, and thinking about what that costs, yeah that's really sensible.

Lockdowns certainly have their place in fighting a pandemic. As the WHO says, as a last resort.
Locking down when you have one case, and thinking about what that costs, yeah that's really sensible.
You are making out like it's a 6 week lock down... it is 5 days we will be open again next weekend.

You are making out like it's a 6 week lock down... it is 5 days we will be open again next weekend.

So a five day lockdown at 8 hours notice every time there's a single new case in the community is a proportionate response? No measures to be taken before shutting the place down?

Can't wait for us to go the Queensland route and demand the federal government pay for the state-government decisions that kill our economy.

Amazes me how people can be so blind. Just staggering.

Far better to smash the pandemic risk at the earliest opportunity than wait to see if it’ll take care of itself.

I'll leave your personal insult to one side. It's not a dichotomous choice, there are many intermediate steps to sensibly be taken before taking the nuclear option

So a five day lockdown at 8 hours notice every time there's a single new case in the community is a proportionate response? No measures to be taken before shutting the place down?
Every time? like this first time in the last 10 months?
I'll leave your personal insult to one side. It's not a dichotomous choice, there are many intermediate steps to sensibly be taken before taking the nuclear option
5 days is nuclear?

This is far from nuclear, nuclear would be months and almost nobody leaving home even for work.

The guy has a highly transmissible strain and went on a city tour.

There is one known case, for all we know there could be dozens - who knows whether his housemates have it too and where they have been.

If they wait then we will end up with unchecked community transmission and a months long lock down.

Far better to hit it hard early and avoid something far worse.

If it were me I’d have taken the lockdown through next weekend too.

This is far from nuclear, nuclear would be months and almost nobody leaving home even for work.

The guy has a highly transmissible strain and went on a city tour.

There is one known case, for all we know there could be dozens - who knows whether his housemates have it too and where they have been.

If they wait then we will end up with unchecked community transmission and a months long lock down.

Far better to hit it hard early and avoid something far worse.

If it were me I’d have taken the lockdown through next weekend too.

Then I suppose we can all thank small mercies it's not up to you. Didn't think it was possible to outdo McGowan, but there you are

Remove this Banner Ad

Back