holybishop

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GC Suns, Western Warriors/Scorchers
Who made the poor decision to move three of the more popular threads on the Fremantle board to the desolation pit that is the purple horde :rolleyes:

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
If the Titanic didn't hit the iceberg, is it a vindication of the owning company's negligence?
In the words of the great Paul Keating, our premier is all tip, no iceberg

Square Peg

Cancelled
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Oh it's a personal feelings thing.
No, I was having a play with words to amuse myself rather than bother with replying to your post seriously. Because your post deserves no serious answer, since it implies that it doesn't matter if there were zero, one, ten or ten thousand cases in the last five days of lockdown, doing it was still a proportionate response to one case and the right thing to do. People holding that view are impossible to reason with seriously, since clearly the outcome of lockdown Marky style was irrelevant to you.

Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
No, I was having a play with words to amuse myself rather than bother with replying to your post seriously. Because your post deserves no serious answer, since it implies that it doesn't matter if there were zero, one, ten or ten thousand cases in the last five days of lockdown, doing it was still a proportionate response to one case and the right thing to do. People holding that view are impossible to reason with seriously, since clearly the outcome of lockdown Marky style was irrelevant to you.

You're right and any one who disagrees with you are impossible to reason with. Gotcha.
Obviously the possibility of a breakout longer lockdowns and possible deaths are irrelevant to you.

arsesmart

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
That, folks, is what's known in the trade, as a big juicy cop out with full red herring.

I actually liked your bit of wordplay. It was worth a chuckle. While it was fitting as a side dish, unfortunately without addressing the main course with a counterpoint of logic, it's left exposed as a shallow diversion. A nice morsel for the cheersquad, but empty calories.

Logically, my point wasn't about the lockdown per se. Rather on the logic of looking for vindication from the fact that there was no major outbreak. A bit like arguing work incident management strategies should never have been in put in place because there's been no accidents since they were.

fnerd

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2009
Castilly rock
AFL Club
Fremantle
This off twitter on todays match sim

I Still can’t be anything but concerned about Sturt ...his rehab seems never ending ( and I’ve seen enough of them from past freo “talents”) he’s just about our most important player in terms of value to our structure IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Monument Hills

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hufflepuff, Wildcats, WCE womens
Ummm...

I also have quite a few balls but I stole mine from Auskick and they don't look too expensive.

Can we just award Rowell the GOAT status now? Brady may have had to wait until 43 in the NFL, but there's no way he had a start like this. A headset, shirt tuck, and lots of balls. Or at least give it to him before he succumbs to the Gold Coast sun?

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
Ummm...

It’s like having kids. Ummmm yeah nah, you’re full of s**t Matty. When you stop being a kid yourself then maybe make a comment. 🤮

And that ad from last year. All of 18 years old and 5 games into his career and he’s talking about - all the years of hard work, blah, blah, blah. Like he was some 30-year-old proven long term star of the competition.

These sponsorships are all well and good for the kid, but advertisers need to remember he’s a KID, and not make him look like a nob spouting lines he has no right to say yet.

fnerd

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2009
Castilly rock
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah we go on about the likes of Gil and Ed etc as being corrupt (no doubt they are to varying degrees) but demetriou is on whole other level.
Was also front and centre as a “adviser “ and shareholder of that acquired learning firm that went bust .

Now being done as director for crown who are staring down the barrel of losing their licences( they won’t ,too much 💰 at play) such is the damning details coming out of the NSW report.

absolute putrid individual- exists only for pure greed, which sadly will see him pop back up again on another board of another company somewhere else in no time ,because in the corporate world his ilk are actually revered🤮

Team

After a good suggestion, we’ve decided to move all non-AFL threads to the old and dusty “Purple Horde” sub thread. The hope is it has the following effects
A) Keeps them easily available but still out of sight
B) Encourages the use of the sub-forums like they are meant to be used for and brings a bit more organisation to the forum
C) While I love how passionate everyone is on the topics and that there is terrific debate on the topics, moderating the politics thread can get... tiresome. I’ll be letting things go a bit more, however personal attacks will not be tolerated and I encourage you to report them in any shape or form.

I fully realise this will mean you now have to click a whole extra button to get to where you want to be and will take an adjustment but we fully believe it will be better in the long run.

As usual, reach out to BeinPurplenGreen, myself and Tonga Bob to discuss anything as needed. Thanks for making the forum what it is.

Last edited:

Square Peg

Cancelled
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Zverev will be kicking himself after letting that slip. He needs to find the inner mongrel if he's ever going to win a slam.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back