Mega Thread 2021 Off-Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Who made the poor decision to move three of the more popular threads on the Fremantle board to the desolation pit that is the purple horde :rolleyes:

The Indian s supporters would be loving him with those dumbly fumblys hands
Tim Paine, when questioned as to his call for the coin toss - "Heads or tails Tim?"
Tim Paine - "I'm a heads guy, I already have two of them."

🤣🤣🤣
Spat the dummy & took her bat hone.

It is a footy forum & footy is a way of escaping the real world.
So the political thread can fu** right off..
At least all the politics was contained to one thread so those without the gumption could easily ignore it. Now I will be talking politics in this off season thread for everyone to see

I hate the fact that some people can't help but push their political views on a footy forum where I come to escape that crap. But as the bishop said, at least it was contained to one thread which was easily avoided.

Now we'll see every other thread polluted with this nonsense as it was previously - unless the mods are going to patrol the threads and delete the political stuff. If so, more power to them!

The really ******* bizarre thing is the reason aunty allikat gave for closing the political thread was becasue Trump lovers were posting there, but I didn't see a single post lovin Trump. It was just a bunch of people that all agreed Trump was a loony arguing about whether he should be banned from twitter or not.
Ah well * it, at least now we get to dilute the cricket s**t in this thread with some politics, Cesoir might hate people talking about politics on a footy forum but talking about that bullshit mad dog English game is worse.

Good toss to win for Australia. The bowlers should get some extra rest unless there is a batting collapse? In that case the bowlers will have to rescue the cause with the bat and the ball.

Second donut day in a row. NSW is smashing it and all without kneejerk lockdowns.

I'm assuming that is a criticism of WA handling of the pandemic? If that's the case I would much rather our approach - NSW has roughly 3 times WA population and around 6 times the cases and 6 times the deaths. I guess it's OK as long as you're not one of the fatalities. I had a Victorian mate bragging about how they have gotten on top of COVID as well - and that was without kneejerk lockdowns too!

We don't want any dirty easterners here ;)

1610674593885.png

I'm assuming that is a criticism of WA handling of the pandemic?

Soon to be criticism. McGowan has dropped hints that at the first case of community transmission he'll lock us all down like what Palaszczuk did in Qld. Gladys has shown there is another way to control clusters without harsh lockdowns.

Soon to be criticism. McGowan has dropped hints that at the first case of community transmission he'll lock us all down like what Palaszczuk did in Qld. Gladys has shown there is another way to control clusters without harsh lockdowns.
Pretty sure the Draconian measures over here are because our recent cases are the highly contagious strain that is butchering the UK.

The really ******* bizarre thing is the reason aunty allikat gave for closing the political thread was becasue Trump lovers were posting there, but I didn't see a single post lovin Trump. It was just a bunch of people that all agreed Trump was a loony arguing about whether he should be banned from twitter or not.
Ah well fu** it, at least now we get to dilute the cricket sh*t in this thread with some politics, Cesoir might hate people talking about politics on a footy forum but talking about that bullshit mad dog English game is worse.

She culdn’t cope with an alternative view so attempted to shut down debate and discussion??? 😂 textbook!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is anyone else a little bit upset that they're going to kill that badass racing pigeon? This is more important than cricket or politics imo.
I was devastated to hear that. Can't we put it into a quarantine hotel for 14 days? Should be fine as long as nobody tries to eat it.

That is fake news, probably

That might make more sense than a bird that can fly 1,100km a day travelling 15,000 to Australia and luckily finding places to stop over the Pacific ocean

Second donut day in a row. NSW is smashing it and all without kneejerk lockdowns.

See this is why I never went to the politics thread. I can’t be bothered getting into unwinnable arguments with people whose views make no sense, and whose blindness to sense and reason make my head explode. Now we have to listen to this crap in threads where politics has no place.

See this is why I never went to the politics thread. I can’t be bothered getting into unwinnable arguments with people whose views make no sense, and whose blindness to sense and reason make my head explode. Now we have to listen to this crap in threads where politics has no place.

Personally I'm just happy not having to know the political opinions of the people on this forum. Whatever happened to that saying "go FORD and avoid RAPE."

100% IP. If you have a look at the first post in the Politics thread I started it for this exact reason - people just felt the need to push their political views in general discussion threads. At least with the single thread you could avoid that, but those who can't resist preaching their political views to us will have to do it in "general" threads where we can't avoid it.

Dumb moderation decision.

100% IP. If you have a look at the first post in the Politics thread I started it for this exact reason - people just felt the need to push their political views in general discussion threads. At least with the single thread you could avoid that, but those who can't resist preaching their political views to us will have to do it in "general" threads where we can't avoid it.

Strong post to profile picture correlation, big Sean agrees with you.

I agree. There is nothing worse than coming on here to get some football information and others football opinions and having to wade through people pushing their political views in every thread. This is a football forum after all.

At least it was relatively easy to avoid such dribble when it was in the one place.

Hopefully the mods will place some bans on those who spoil it for the majority who prefer to chat about football rather than the cesspit of politics.

Hopefully the mods will place some bans on those who spoil it for the majority who prefer to chat about football rather than the cesspit of politics.
Bullshit to that point, the mod directed the political talk to this thread.

78 pages in 1 year suggests that a good number of people here want to discuss politics. In the absence of a dedicated thread then a off-season/off-topic thread is the next logical place. I don't want to see the mods overmoderate this place and outright ban any political discourse like they do in that cesspit r/AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back