Banter 2021 Off-Topic Chat Thread - PART II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but I hate idiots like this - no doubt there would be disappointment to not win gold, but winning bronze at the Olympics isn't a failure

I'm gathering that guy is rightfully getting absolutely caned in the responses.

3rd best in the world is a sensational effort. :thumbsu:

Only canned by one person unfortunately and then doubling down - the worse thing about describing our athletes efforts as being failures is that it dismisses the efforts of the others in the field or their direct opponent

Like I'm not sure anyone would be more disappointed at Ash losing her opening match the other day than Ash, but to call it a failure takes away from the achievement of her opponent to beat Ash that day

Also not sure if the original poster (Lachlan) has a great number of followers, meaning less people to tell this guy to get stuffed - but he's great value especially for those who support womens sport as he also advocates for it

After one of the Murdoch (?) papers did their regular WAG story earlier this year, her P replied with this

Blokes like that usually sleep with the light on, the comments reflect more on him than on the topic he’s talking about.

Wow, the Opals are getting smashed. Obviously missing Liz Cambage.

Yes and no to the last part - we beat the USA the day after Cambage withdrew from the team, so we can win without her

I do think we somewhat struggled without her in that she would have been a big part of the planning that went into things - so much in the past when watching the Opals, if things aren't necessarily working then you just get the ball to Liz in the low post and cause all sorts of trouble

Watching our second half this evening it seemed that we looked lost with what to do when Belgium stepped it, and just too many times we had players trying to do it all on their own. We came out of timeout that we had called, it's an offensive play which would have been set up but we go with 1 pass and shoot, which I'm pretty sure wouldn't have been the designated play

We need to play better as a team and not just as 5 individuals playing basketball

My opinion on Cambage - she shouldn't have been in the team in the first place, with an the carry on earlier this year in regards to the Olympic promos and such. She should have been cut from the squad at that stage, as I'm pretty sure she said she wasn't committed to the Olympics herself and unsure if she would go - that was when she should have been cut, and the squad focused on players who wanted to pull on the green & gold

The Matilda's had a nil all draw with the USA - and watching that match in the second half it seemed both teams were happy with that result

For portions of the last 20 minutes we were simply playing kick to kick amongst our defenders with no pressure from the opposition

Sorry but I hate idiots like this - no doubt there would be disappointment to not win gold, but winning bronze at the Olympics isn't a failure

You just know it's probably some fat guy on a couch that's eaten too many frozen pizzas.

Theres a great monologue about that at the start of themovie Mollys Game- absolutely brilliant

"So to the people who say fourth place is the worst that can happen at an Olympics... go * yourself "

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back