Banter 2021 Off-Topic Chat Thread - PART II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the topic heading suggests.

Usual BF rules apply and try not to take it too seriously. It’s meant to be a bit of fun

Chill, relax & enjoy the Part II of the 2021 edition of the off-topic banter

1626590741448.png

One thing I'll say about the NSW opposition is that I don't see them playing politics like we've seen the opposition here in Vic

It's not that they've necessarily agreed with everything Gladys has done - particularly around the early go slow with the lockdown/mockdown and some confusion around what's essential etc

But there's support for the lockdown and the need to all be in this together to get through this period

Compare that to this message put out Friday night by the deputy leader of the Lib party in Vic & Shadow Health Minister; clearly done to mock the latest lockdown but spreading the false info about needing to reschedule a mammogram. Breast Screen Vic have advised they are open and will continue screening with safety measures in place

She's been repeatedly corrected but refuses to delete or update the tweet to reflect the correct & accurate info. I get that not everyone's going to support the lockdown, but it's no reason to spread false info and especially false info in regards to medical or health needs

Must be a Liberal thing. I remember when South Australia had their state wide lockdown after that guy who worked in the pizza parlour lied about how he contracted Covid, the leader of the Labor opposition came out and said they'll support the Government in whatever decisions they make in terms of getting on top of things - a chalk and cheese response to what we've seen in Victoria.

Interesting too that people are kicking up a stink about Annastacia going over to Tokyo to help shore up Brisbane's bid for the 2036 Olympics, but nothing's been said about the Lord Mayor and other officials who are also going over.

Some people on Facebook are so sensitive and don't like being corrected

On one of the Geelong pages I belong to someone posted about an offer from one of the local Routley's stores where they're offering free bread & rolls to those who need them. Including in that someone asked the innocent question if there were any Covid cases in Geelong

Another person replies with yes & that there were 7 new cases in the region today. They then updated themselves to just 5 new cases in Geelong based on them misinterpreting the following:
E8CA7E6B-B11B-4BCB-B419-41B4F51EDA47.jpeg

So I politely advised that regional Vic encompasses regions beyond Geelong, that it was reported this morning that there was no new cases linked to the Barwon Heads cluster and then posted the breakdown of the new cases from today

This was there reply to me: "excuse me for reading it wrong and trying to help… you sit up there on your high horse love ✌️"

The first part I get, though you're not really helping people if you don't understand the information you're providing. But I don't get the second part - sorry that I'd rather ensure people are given as accurate info as possible from what we know and not just what we guess

So I finally managed to cancel my Kayo subscription and I've realised that there will be some upcoming cats games not featured on free to air.

It also leaves me without the option for 'on demand' if I would like to watch them after work.

Has anyone here worked out an alternative and stopped milking foxtel/murdoch shills?

Back to my earlier post about the olympics going to be a disaster. Already 3 cases inside the athletes village. What an absolutely idiotic decision it was to have these games now 🤦🏼‍♂️

It boggles the mind.

We have a worldwide epidemic so they decide to congregate athletes from all corners of the globe, have them mingle, then disperse them to all the towns, villages and cities from which they came.

Just wow.

And to make it even better, they're refusing to divulge who has it, leaving athletes to wonder if it's someone within their own building or next door.

Way to go.

Who was responsible for buying the cake to celebrate the clubs 162nd birthday today?
To be eaten before the plaque on the original Victoria Hotel site. I went to the celebration 2 years ago, and Harry Taylor and Jed Bews were knowledgeable attendees.

So I finally managed to cancel my Kayo subscription and I've realised that there will be some upcoming cats games not featured on free to air.

It also leaves me without the option for 'on demand' if I would like to watch them after work.

Has anyone here worked out an alternative and stopped milking foxtel/murdoch shills?
Nah. Got to give it to Murdoch, he might be a bit of a campaigner but Kayo is bloody awesome.

Is this the first Dan Murphys tier 1 exposure site?

First, but won’t be the last....Lockdowns drive people to drink, so once we come out of this latest one liquor sales will go up!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoping this Covid Vax advert that's been produced by the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra and the Vic Arts community is shown on TV

It's a class above anything that's been done by the government

9d7287cb25e01a52d583a9b07231aadb.jpg

I didn't see the final figure but lead to believe his leaking mate was fed crap with 109 cases
Final number was like 98

NSW government is claiming they found the source of the leak, while TikTok guy is saying the info on their website was deliberately wrong to screw him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back