Banter 2021 Off-Topic Chat Thread - PART II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the icc world cup cricket.
The message from the cricket board is to take the knee .

SA captain pulled out .
Refused to take the knee .
Now called racist.

I don't agree to the knee thing either ....

The SA captain didn't withdraw from the match - Temba Bavuma is the South African captain and he played last night

The bigger issue from this situation is that part of the directive is that the team "be seen to take a united stand against racism", rather than it being team or player driven move - feels very halfhearted and more about the theatre behind the action than what that action is intended to stand for

SA captain pulled out .
Now called racist.

People should be able to do whatever they want. Just intolerance.
Same with taking the knee. Some people get the shits.
Who cares it's a knee. Who gives a f**k? Don't watch that bit if it pisses you off.

SA captain pulled out .
Now called racist.

White people are the minority in south africa. By a large degree (they make up around 7-8% of the population). It's become the opposite of what it was during apartheid, when the whites controlled the country. So what exactly does taking a knee achieve? They already are the majority and control the country.

Classic virtue signaling.

White people are the minority in south africa. By a large degree (they make up around 7-8% of the population). It's become the opposite of what it was during apartheid, when the whites controlled the country. So what exactly does taking a knee achieve? They already are the majority and control the country.

Soth Africans taking a knee doesn't necessarily mean they're solely protesting the treatment of black people in their country . Could be a show of solidarity with people around the world.

I doubt he did for racist reasons .
He would of played cricket with heaps of colored players.

I think its just a thing he does not agree with.

Now labeled racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back