Banter 2021 Off-Topic Chat Thread - PART II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately the death toll for the jumping castle tragedy in Tasmania has increased to four.

I'm guessing the owner of the jumping castle in question will be in a s**tload of trouble.

I'd say them + the principal too.

Everyone knows these things are dangerous af, should a wind gust occur. Why wasn't it secured properly?!

Looking forward to work next week. We have a program at work where if someone has been in our hardship program for over a year and have been making all their payments which cover their ongoing gas or electricity costs, we will waive their overdue balance. Next week we'll all be allocated an hour to call the customers involved and tell them the good news that their ongoing debt has been waived.

There's about 800 accounts all up, and the largest balance we'll be waiving is over $19k.

I'm expecting there'll be either a lot of tears of joy, or a lot of people claiming it's all a massive fraud. Hopefully more of the former.

Aug 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Unfortunately the death toll for the jumping castle tragedy in Tasmania has increased to four.

I'm guessing the owner of the jumping castle in question will be in a s**tload of trouble.
Up to five now. Tragic case. While there have been incidents with jumping castles before, this one seems particularly bad. Interesting that they're saying there were no particularly significant gusts of winds recorded at that time. Suspect not a lot of care taken securing it.

1639692257058.png

Well this f**king sucks.

Was at my parents place celebrating my father's birthday when my mother got a phone call from her hairdresser who told her she's now possibly a close contact as my mother had her hair done on Wednesday and her hairdresser tested positive for Covid.

We had planned to go out for dinner, so we had to cancel the booking and ordered pizza instead. My parents will be going for their Covid test first thing tomorrow morning (they got the phone call at about 4pm so couldn't get tested there and then).

Hopefully they test negative, as if not it is possible we would all have to self isolate for 7 days, which means Christmas will be out next weekend.

Well this f**king sucks.

Was at my parents place celebrating my father's birthday when my mother got a phone call from her hairdresser who told her she's now possibly a close contact as my mother had her hair done on Wednesday and her hairdresser tested positive for Covid.

We had planned to go out for dinner, so we had to cancel the booking and ordered pizza instead. My parents will be going for their Covid test first thing tomorrow morning (they got the phone call at about 4pm so couldn't get tested there and then).

Hopefully they test negative, as if not it is possible we would all have to self isolate for 7 days, which means Christmas will be out next weekend.
Where are they headed for their test and do they have the option of booking in for one which can reduce the wait time of sitting in the car on the side of the road

Where are they headed for their test and do they have the option of booking in for one which can reduce the wait time of sitting in the car on the side of the road

I think they're going to the one near the football ovals in Breakwater. I think they're heading down bright and early before it opens at 8am.

Braklet this just sounds like such a Florida thing

A Florida man was kicked off a United Airlines flight Wednesday after attempting to fly with a red thong on his face in place of a mask.

Braklet this just sounds like such a Florida thing

A Florida man was kicked off a United Airlines flight Wednesday after attempting to fly with a red thong on his face in place of a mask.

It's all in the phrase 'Florida man.' Florida: the penis of North America! :p

stop hitting me, Shell ...

Nov 7, 2010
308 Negra Arroyo Lane Albuquerque New Mexico
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
WADA
Well this f**king sucks.

I feel your pain and hope it goes well for you after just coming out of two weeks quarantine where at no stage did anyone have a close contact or a positive test,being double vaccinated meant nothing the whole thing has left me bitter and very angry.

May 3, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australian Cricket Team,
Well this f**king sucks.

If we are being honest people are more scared of ISO then getting covid itself...

Speaking of hairdressers I went the other day and some women was chatting up the guys there like they were best friends. 'see you on Friday!'

I'm like brah I only rock up to a hairdresser when it's reaches harry potter and the goblet of fire levels and even then... 😳

Nov 12, 2002
AFL Club
Geelong
I feel your pain and hope it goes well for you after just coming out of two weeks quarantine where at no stage did anyone have a close contact or a positive test,being double vaccinated meant nothing the whole thing has left me bitter and very angry.

Yeah, good luck convincing those who haven't had to sacrifice anything that it's anything but the very least you should do. And be happy about it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back