Banter 2021 Off-Topic Chat Thread - PART II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1640029241238.png

Well this f**king sucks.

Was at my parents place celebrating my father's birthday when my mother got a phone call from her hairdresser who told her she's now possibly a close contact as my mother had her hair done on Wednesday and her hairdresser tested positive for Covid.

We had planned to go out for dinner, so we had to cancel the booking and ordered pizza instead. My parents will be going for their Covid test first thing tomorrow morning (they got the phone call at about 4pm so couldn't get tested there and then).

Hopefully they test negative, as if not it is possible we would all have to self isolate for 7 days, which means Christmas will be out next weekend.
Any updates or results back?

Jun 30, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oz Bball, Equest, Net, Tenn, Voll
Taking it out of the thread you claim I have derailed!

...Excuse me?

Perhaps you might want to remember that not 1 month ago, you were part of a mock draft on this very board that I took my time organizing and including everyone I could - that all of PO, myself and yourself were part of.

If there is some 'old boys club' - there isn't but for arguments sake let's say there is - (I'm also 32 so I wouldn't exactly call myself 'old') - then you're a part of it.

Sorry for trying to get this thread back on track while you continue to throw a tantrum. I was being diplomatic, but now you've got personal and you're just pissing me off.

You can have a disagreement all you like, but if you can't reach a conclusion after a page, then either a) ignore said poster, b) accept you've reached an impasse and move on, or c) continue the conversation privately rather than airing your dirty laundry all over a public forum.

Not gonna waste my time on this anymore. See ya.

You just proved my point, not your own.

I asked/inserted myself into the mock draft, you did not invite me although you had tagged about 7 others. All males :rolleyes:

May 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Why can't we go overseas?

Am I missing something?
How long do you think it will be before our overlords take that away?

Gotta love the shifting goalposts. No more lockdowns said Dan :tearsofjoy: Until the next one.

So far omicron has proven to be mild, yet the fear campaign has been in full swing to keep the masses under control. Are people still buying this?

It's easier to fool someone, than make them believe they've been fooled. If you aren't starting to question things now then i'd question your ability to think at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where is this??

A white Christmas would be a nice change one day
Victoria - the Empress Hotel. I've stayed there before but it was undergoing renovations at the time, so I'd love to go back at some stage now it's fully reopened and really get to experience the place

Though apparently it's not actually snowing in Victoria at the moment - so would seem it's a photo from a previous year

I don't mind a white Christmas - been a few years since the last one I had and not sure when I'll get the next one

Haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully no news is good news.
I kinda feel like you get "positive" results back quicker than negative ones

Victoria - the Empress Hotel. I've stayed there before but it was undergoing renovations at the time, so I'd love to go back at some stage now it's fully reopened and really get to experience the place

Though apparently it's not actually snowing in Victoria at the moment - so would seem it's a photo from a previous year

I don't mind a white Christmas - been a few years since the last one I had and not sure when I'll get the next one
Suppose we should be at least thankful its not going to be a 30+ degree day on xmas. So relieved its going to be low 20s

All the Northern hemisphere centric Christmas iconography must be kinda weird below the equator.

Moley Russels Wart

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
And some idiot forgot to put their weather shield up this morning - very fing hot right now

Lol

I used to have a silver windscreen thing that went on the outside of the car and through the front doors. That thing was 10x more effective than the inside ones, nothing got hot

Yeah it is kind of odd. Always hear people talking about christmas sweaters and open fires, all while we roast our arses off here.

I have some buddies in Chile, they send me pics of all the snowy Santa decorations as they sweat in shorts. :)

I grew up in the US desert southwest so the snow bit always seemed a bit odd, but we were still in winter.

Ah, the AFL sent me a WatchAFL.com.au voucher for my 2022 Cats membership last night.

Registration works out just fine, so that part is good. Can watch shows and match replays on their website, no problem.

Their Android app is a little goofy, but I can live with it. The sucky part is that they don't have an app colored for "Android TV," so we can't play it directly on our nice Sony TV. I can use Chromecast but that means I have to keep a phone or tablet around to drive it.

I guess I'll find out how well it works live when the AFLW starts up in January.

I kinda feel like you get "positive" results back quicker than negative ones

Just got a message from my parents that the tests came back negative. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back