Banter 2021 Off-Topic Chat Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
10pm and already in bed - first day on the job tomorrow

Set 3 alarms for the morning starting with 5:30 and can't remember the last time I had an alarm set for that earlier & travel wasn't involved

Hoping the weather is better by the morning

Watched the best RG Semi Final ever between Djokovic v Nadal this morning. Went till 7:30am 4 hrs of hard hitting unbelievably good angles. Never seen anything like it in tennis before. Unfortunately for me Rafa didn’t win. Novak was GOAT though so I’ll admit it just this once lol….

10pm and already in bed - first day on the job tomorrow

Set 3 alarms for the morning starting with 5:30 and can't remember the last time I had an alarm set for that earlier & travel wasn't involved

Hoping the weather is better by the morning
How did you go?

Went to go out for tea. Deer Park club no spots, DP pub no spots, went to Lazy Moe's 40 min wait, went to Lapochetta 1 hour wait.
Ended up just getting Noodle Box and the kids got Maccas and we just ate in the car.
Should of booked somewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did you go?

Day 1 was somewhat tiring as the majority of the day was standing there holding the "slow" sign with cars not really worrying about it, and then trying to direct pedestrians away from the closed footpath (like not just blocked but totally closed because the council was ripping it up and redoing the whole thing), and pedestrians just not caring

There was an excavator working on site and people kept walking even after being told they couldn't. Others would then walk down the middle of the road rather than cross to the other side

And in terms of drivers, lost count of the number on their mobile phones, running the red lights etc. I did shake my head though where the front passenger looked to be a teenage female who was sitting there with her legs up on the dash - so completely stupid

Friday was better as I was down Armstrongs Creek and actually controlling traffic so got to do something other than just stand on the spot

Back at it on Tuesday - this time it's be at the depot at 6, which means being up not long after 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back