Banter 2021 Off-Topic Chat Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michaelia Cash was talking about a scheme where if someone is offered a job and turns it down, they can be reported to her department and be investigated. Or so they say. We all know what happened when the sexual assault was reported to her department 3 years ago...

She would try to rig it so hardly anyone could get. She is just utter trash.

People get the wrong idea about the dole.
There is no bludgers as its not enough to live on.
Those on it long term either are having some dramas or are usually unemployable.
There's some people you just don't wanna hire, and it's for the best they don't have a job.

Some people survive on it no worries. They have ways of making it work. Coach surfing, living off relo's and friends etc. Selling drugs in some cases and still claiming the dole.

But yes there are a lot of people who are incapable of doing anything.

I agree.

And change the culture, procedures etcetc

Having worked for the Federal Government - and in Canberra - I doubt very, very much it was deliberately covered up. It's the ultimate corporate environment. You can't do anything without HR permission. Everyone is acutely aware of PR and you get pulled up for absolutely the most trivial thing. The idea that anything close to this would be deliberately ignored is, shall we say, extremely doubtful.

Where it get murky is what happens after work. Do people really know what goes on after hours when staff have drinks? Of course not. Do people hook up and then regret it sometimes? Certainly. Are there also a minority of scumbags there that would take advantage of their position as well? Definitely.

As I said, hopefully they'll find out exactly how it all went down soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She would try to rig it so hardly anyone could get. She is just utter trash.

Some people survive on it no worries. They have ways of making it work. Coach surfing, living off relo's and friends etc. Selling drugs in some cases and still claiming the dole.

But yes there are a lot of people who are incapable of doing anything.
Maybe back in the day. Unless you sell drugs or do cashies it ain't easy.
Food and rent and petrol is bout it.

Wat that say

Matthew Doran

@MattDoran91
#breaking Treasurer Josh Frydenberg says Facebook has advised "that it intends to restore Australian news pages in the coming days" after the government agreed to some amendments to the news bargaining code @abcnews @politicsabc #auspol

Amendments: Facebook doesn't have to pay for news. LOL

This is an interesting point....

The job might be a feasible one for the employer, but not necessarily for the potential employee. Will they still be in trouble for refusing it if it means that despite having work, the extra expenses incurred doesn't make it financially viable?

so the government blinked first?

Are you surprised?

Apparently the Government weren't expecting the response Facebook gave them. I wonder if they were surprised too when Holden left Australia when Joe Hockey threatened them to leave a decade or so ago as well.

This is an interesting point....

The job might be a feasible one for the employer, but not necessarily for the potential employee. Will they still be in trouble for refusing it if it means that despite having work, the extra expenses incurred doesn't make it financially viable?

So you mean to tell me that in this situation, with Sanity in Belmont WA who again yesterday was advertising for the role in the Geelong & South West Region, that I should apply for said role and then move to the other side of the country if I somehow get the role?

When they re-advertised it yesterday I actually reported it as mis-advertising because it had nothing to do with the Geelong & South West region

There was another job I nearly did the same for as it was advertised for Australia Wide but it to join the casual pool of staff for a nursing home and pretty sure the location was Qld - it's one thing to apply for & move interstate for a full-time permanent position, but advertising Aus wide to join the casual pool of staff just didn't seem very honest advertising

Man, what a day. Glad we're going back to the office one day a week for now. Going to take a while to get back into the swing of that again.

I roll out of bed 5 minutes before I'm due to start. Put on whatever clothes are handy and log on. Today it took me half the day to realise I was wearing my t-shirt the wrong way around. WFH makes you so loose, it will kill me if/when I have to go back into the office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back