Banter 2021 Off-Topic Chat Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like an empty threat. Can’t see her following through.

Seems like she is.

Important difference though - she was allegedly called a 'lying cow' for claiming her office hadn't provided enough support, not because she'd claimed rape.

I still don't see how she can claim any 'damage' to her reputation until she first proves a) she was indeed raped, and b) in light of that fact, the support given was inadequate.

It's an immensely difficult situation for the innocent party, and a decision shouldn't be determined by a court of public opinion. It has to be resolved by irrefutable proof.

There are 40 million people in slavery at the moment.
Not many care about them or are outraged at the leaders of those countries.
Its so ridiculous. Why ban history anyway?
It always repeats. We'll learn nothing.

Precisely.

Not only that, but America was pretty much the only place where slavery actually had a race component. For most of history, slaves were the same ethnicity as their masters. Which makes perfect sense as until the age of exploration (and even beyond it) there was no possibility of going across an ocean to find people, or of bringing them back alive. The idea that slavery equates to racism is firstly illogical and secondly demonstrably wrong.

Only one part of the world was genuinely bothered enough by slavery to want to stop it, even at financial cost to itself. That was Western Europe and particularly the British Empire. Good luck reading that in any media today.

Yeah, people are full of sh*t. Fair chance it didn't even happen.
Like that guy tweeting about Collingwood or that cafe owner offering 5 grand for a job.
Many are extra full of sh*t ATM

a few things I've read have suggested that cafe owner is an ass, and it's not so much that people don't want a job but just that people don't want to work for him - which seems to be a common theme amongst those business owners crying poor of the unemployed

Seems like she is.

Important difference though - she was allegedly called a 'lying cow' for claiming her office hadn't provided enough support, not because she'd claimed rape.

I still don't see how she can claim any 'damage' to her reputation until she first proves a) she was indeed raped, and b) in light of that fact, the support given was inadequate.

It's an immensely difficult situation for the innocent party, and a decision shouldn't be determined by a court of public opinion. It has to be resolved by irrefutable proof.

But will she actually follow through with it when legal advice tells her she won’t win?

Apparently it was in his first book?

The over sensitivity is just bewildering. I heard a female politician say 'it's no wonder our country can't progress when it gets offended by a simple book'.
I read this morning that dr sueuss was a liberal, and wrote his books to help promote ending racism. These people always end up eating their own.

But will she actually follow through with it when legal advice tells her she won’t win?

Surely her legal advice would've been that she has a case, otherwise why raise something if you knew you had no chance of winning?

Decided I should do the right thing and put both my phone & watch on silent mode during the work day - probably a good thing as I just had 3 phone calls regarding a job application from Tuesday

If anyone wants a casual job as a metre reader, there's opportunities available

Surely her legal advice would've been that she has a case, otherwise why raise something if you knew you had no chance of winning?
Am I being to cynical thinking this is a prelude to running for a seat at the next federal election?and it won't be in the Liberal Party.

Decided I should do the right thing and put both my phone & watch on silent mode during the work day - probably a good thing as I just had 3 phone calls regarding a job application from Tuesday

If anyone wants a casual job as a metre reader, there's opportunities available
Great casual job if you want to get fit and meet people and dogs. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great casual job if you want to get fit and meet people and dogs. :)
The fitness thing was part of the reason I applied - decided it would mean I had no reason to not exercise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back