Banter 2021 Off-Topic Chat Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thats not too bad, considering the game finished bang on 6pm.

I srsly underestimated/forgot the walk back to Flinders st station tho. I also think I took a longer way... anyway made it there with about 4 minutes to spare.

/thought it would be more like 10/15mins and I'd have time to go to the lolly shop there. :thumbsdownv1:

Baudolino

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 20, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
This is how long it's been since I've caught the train to Melbourne

The Gloria Jeans on the corner of Spencer & Collins is now a 7/11, even though there's one 50m around the corner

While the supermarket that was beside Gloria Jeans is now a McDonalds

I wish Gloria Jeans were everywhere. They do amazing iced chocolates.:yum:

Am watching it now. Is really, really good. Was expecting it to be the one obvious song.
But it's 3 songs and 2 of them are really good.
Thats the premise of the series. Examine an artist thru three of their songs. Usually a. Breakthrough hit, b. One a bit more left field, c. Comeback hit (if applicable)

It's a great show i like the detail they go into

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 7, 2010
308 Negra Arroyo Lane Albuquerque New Mexico
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
WADA
My ripple is pumping. Never thought I'd see the day.
Might buy a new caravan i think if it keeps going a bit more.
My son got caught up in this caravan scam it still hasn't got to court,no one including police I think forensics can find anything wrong with it or any signs of repair modification or re birthing but they ground off the vin number took the plates off and said it can't ever be put back on QLD roads that was 2017 despite it having been through QLD Main Roads and registered the week he purchased it.

Last edited:
My son got caught up in this caravan scam it still hasn't got to court,no one including police I think forensics can find anything wrong with it or any signs of repair modification or re birthing but they ground off the vin number took the plates off and said it can't ever be put back on QLD roads despite it having been through QLD Main Roads and registered the week he purchased it.

that's absolutely s**t

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
My son got caught up in this caravan scam it still hasn't got to court,no one including police I think forensics can find anything wrong with it or any signs of repair modification or re birthing but they ground off the vin number took the plates off and said it can't ever be put back on QLD roads that was 2017 despite it having been through QLD Main Roads and registered the week he purchased it.
Ahhhh. That sucks so much.
Hope he can get some compensation, and sell it to someone who just wants a van in their yard for their kids etc
Might be able to break even if both.

Nov 7, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
WADA
that's absolutely sh*t
I think now after 3 year getting there act together and get the case to court the the police prosecutor for this case has retired and it's expected the case may be adjourned for another 12 months while the new bloke gets up to speed,meanwhile there are 80 odd families with caravans they can't use or sell sitting in the back yard rotting away.

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
I think now after 3 year getting there act together and get the case to court the the police prosecutor for this case has retired and it's expected the case may be adjourned for another 12 months while the new bloke gets up to speed,meanwhile there are 80 odd families with caravans they can't use or sell sitting in the back yard rotting away.
F****k. They can't even sell them? That's the worst mate. Sorry for your son.

Nov 7, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
WADA
Ahhhh. That sucks so much.
Hope he can get some compensation, and sell it to someone who just wants a van in their yard for their kids etc
Might be able to break even if both.
Fortunately in my sons case he can handle the loss,he's just as likely to throw a couple of pontoons under it shove a 40hp Yamaha on the back and moor it as a house boat.

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
The authorities are are playing hard ball on this my boy early on was prepared to pay and supply an independent engineers certificate of safety and compliance on his van, he was told it would make no difference still couldn't be registered.
Unfortunately it's the way it goes with vans. It's the same in Vic.
It's stupid. Even if it's brand new in perfect condition, just nup No compromise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back