Banter 2021 Off-Topic Chat Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. Ill help you out.
From what I know. A chick who's Dad was a lawyer and Mum is a gold digger has a really nice round arse.
She made a boring sex tape of her rooting some guy and that got her family a reality TV show.
Her sister then become an Instagram influencer selling make-up and got more famous.
Then her step dad in the show got a sex change and became the bravest person in the world and got even more famous.
Then somehow through all that (I'm assuming something to do with the internet) she became a billionaire.
No wonder they are starting to teach some of this in schools it actually works :)

To be fair though most billionaires come from inherited wealth so she actually did more than most lol.
Inherited wealth does not bother me. At some point all of us likely inherit wealth on the death of a loved one.

Seems irrational to me to find issues with it because it is 50m or 300m rather than 30k or 500k. Most people at the end of the day receive money from the hard work of their forebears.

Inherited wealth does not bother me. At some point all of us likely inherit wealth on the death of a loved one.

Seems irrational to me to find issues with it because it is 50m or 300m rather than 30k or 500k. Most people at the end of the day receive money from the hard work of their forebears.
Nah neither. Everyone has had help along the way from someone.
I suppose there's a few truly, truly self made people out their somewhere. But absolutely bugger all.

Spot on.

Plus two other pretty pertinent factors that are never, ever mentioned:
  1. For the 50 - 300 million amounts, how many jobs were created and sustained by the innovations of these billionaires? In the case of say Amazon or Microsoft, it's too many to count.
  2. How many entrepreneurs fail? The vast majority. So one person out of a thousand, or ten thousand, becomes insanely rich. Good for them.
So having succeeded against staggeringly improbably odds, they get to pass it on to their relatives. Seems more than reasonable to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine seeing this in your local supermarket...

Think I'll pass on shopping there

And bugger you add as I was about to post that, 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back