2024 AFLTM Official Lists (Updated 11 March 2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

What happens with Rance? :(
From the draft thread:
11) You have until the first bounce in the AFL preseason to delist any players in order to get an extra pre-season pick.

I think with Rance having 2 years on his contract and clearly being wanted by his club to play on he hits the first dot point under these rules:

Delisting Contracted players
Contracted players may be delisted but:
  • Those who walk away due to lack of motivation or similar will have their contract terminated immediately with no further payment.
  • Those who are first year players and are delisted by their AFL club and not picked up in any AFL draft can be delisted with no further payment.
  • Those who retire due to injury must be paid 50% of their contracted salary per year remaining on the contract.
  • Those who are delisted by or pushed into retirement by their AFL clubs (i.e. not on an AFL list and not meeting any of the above criteria), and were on their current contract during the season, must be paid 75% of their contracted salary per year remaining on the contract.
  • Other players must be paid 100% of their contracted salary per year remaining on the contract.

So you can delist him under the first dot point which would free up a further $260,000 ($292,000 in total) in your salary due to only having 2 veteran players instead of three. You'd get a pre-season draft pick which would be the next selection in the draft as you finished lower than Harbour City on the ladder.

Last edited:
The only rule that slightly contradicts the above is the following:

Veteran listed players
If a club is entitled to and does place a player on the veterans list, he is no longer able to be acquired through the bidding system, or delisted or traded by his club.

However my view is that the timing of Rance's decision makes the special circumstances rule take precedence over this one; there is certainly no advantage gained from Rance's retirement.

Well he isn’t costing me a thing is he? By me delisting him does that mean Henderson’s contract changes? As I’ll only have 2 Vets?
It's a bit unprecedented but yes that's the way I think this gets applied. I calculated it a bit incorrect though, it would free up an additional $260,000, not $130,000. I wouldn't grant any extra rookie picks though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lists updated to 13 March 2020 after Pre-season draft, pre-season rookie draft and pre-season competition draft.

Not sure if this is the right thread;

West Coast place Noah Cumberland on LTI list and upgrade Aaron van den Berg

Not sure if this is the right thread;

West Coast place Noah Cumberland on LTI list and upgrade Aaron van den Berg
Yup, right thread and all good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back