2nds 2021 Peel Thunder (Freo Reserves) Discussion

Apr 25, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Thought that was Pina (with the cramp/hammy)

Nope #23 Thomas

It confuses me that Sturt went off for a rest in that third quarter after simply standing in the forward square doing nothing. Worried he will get deep vein thrombosis? 😆

East Freo is a very good team.
Saw Hugh Dixon walking past the grandstand. There's a fat kid in there trying to get out. He doesn't look like an athlete IMO. Dylan O'Reilly looks like he is getting solid though. He has potential. Might make an AFL player one day.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah O'Driscoll will be fine. Don't remember him playing half back at League level before. Played inside at Colts/u18s and wing at League mostly.

Hard for Western playing mostly forward when Peel's biggest forward is 191cm and Peel aren't getting it forward much.

Blakely and Duman should be more impactful than they have been.

Thomas ok but Pina is killing their back line.

Peel's ruck is getting destroyed. No problem if you never win the hit-outs but you've got to give something on the ground if you don't.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm not going to stick the boot in re his talent because you can't tell off one WAFL game on TV, but I'd be staggered if NOD improves enough to play AFL this year. Not getting to watch him last year, I couldn't figure out why a bloke with his attributes and athletic testing wasn't rated higher. I am guessing he has trouble putting it all together on the field. He'll be a slow burn but could pay off.

Joel was just a bit fumbly early in the game when the ball actually went forward. He'll be fine once he gets his touch.

wakojako

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Looks like Western and Noddy need some developing. I still believe western is going to be a killer player for us and would be great on the wing.

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Peel are such a disjointed outfit. A bunch of their players are clearly not even at WAFL level. Then there’s the freo lads who should be above WAFL standard but so obvious they haven’t played much together as a team with the other peel players. Really need 10 or 12 dockers players in the side to make a difference and build some cohesion.
Thomas was actually decent in the third quarter before his injury

showemhowtorock

Cancelled
Jun 18, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
beokhurst played for carlton i think

edit: yeah lol, pick 19 and was delisted after 2 years, you have to be pure shite to be a top 20 draft pick and get delisted as soon as they can delist you yikes

tonygeeks

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah O'Driscoll will be fine. Don't remember him playing half back at League level before. Played inside at Colts/u18s and wing at League mostly.

Hard for Western playing mostly forward when Peel's biggest forward is 191cm and Peel aren't getting it forward much.

Blakely and Duman should be more impactful than they have been.

Thomas ok but Pina is killing their back line.

Peel's ruck is getting destroyed. No problem if you never win the hit-outs but you've got to give something on the ground if you don't.

18 yr old 1st gamer , he’s looking like it too but fair go

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Western and Duman improved as the game went on. Westerns speed is very impressive. Great upside.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well deserved win by East Freo. Hopefully a better year for them than in recent times.

Peel are going to be very reliant on Freo. Need to learn to use Western's speed - when he was involved they looked a lot better. O'Driscoll at half back was awful but assume the Freo coach's wanted that. Sturt will be playing for Freo for the rest of the year. Thomas had good skills but didn't really get to show it off - needed to be playing Pina's role. Blakely and Duman meh - still like Duman on the wing though.

Back