2nds 2021 Peel Thunder (Freo Reserves) Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to figure out why Shloithe has never gotten a crack at the next level. Perhaps he's a chance for the mid-season draft.

IMO he doesn't impact the game or the scoreboard enough for the amount of ball he gets.

Dude you think he is 3 metres tall or something? Absolutely flat strap a man of average height might have a stride length of two metres. He is short and running a touch under full tilt so ten strides would be 16 / 17 metres max.

I think 90m is a stretch, looked like about 75m to me. But he clearly ran too far. Looked like 10m-bounce-30m-bounce-25m-bounce-10m. It happens all the time. The kicker-inner often runs 20-30m once they have left the goal square. The rule is farcical.

Hard to figure out why Shloithe has never gotten a crack at the next level. Perhaps he's a chance for the mid-season draft.

Never is not quite accurate given he did spend 2 years on an AFL list.

But i've heard from a few people that he's more interested in partying than anything else. Given every AFL club has since overlooked him, even for a spot on the rookie list, i'd tend to think that is most likely accurate. If he had the work ethic then it's hard to see how he wouldn't otherwise be worth a spot at a number of clubs because he seems to have the ability.

Peel reserves and carved up.

Should be back at Peel seniors this week and then from there I don't see any reason why he can't come in if his form warrants.
Why did he play peel reserves and not seniors?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Never is not quite accurate given he did spend 2 years on an AFL list.

But i've heard from a few people that he's more interested in partying than anything else. Given every AFL club has since overlooked him, even for a spot on the rookie list, i'd tend to think that is most likely accurate. If he had the work ethic then it's hard to see how he wouldn't otherwise be worth a spot at a number of clubs because he seems to have the ability.

If you mean Haiden Schloithe, can confirm that his FIGJAM attitude plus the repeat sprays he chose to give Freo after his delisting have played a huge part in clubs steering away from him. Plus he is not terribly adept at social media, in ways that keep putting targets on his back.

A shame, lots of natural talent, but never matured as a human.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you mean Haiden Schloithe, can confirm that his FIGJAM attitude plus the repeat sprays he chose to give Freo after his delisting have played a huge part in clubs steering away from him. Plus he is not terribly adept at social media, in ways that keep putting targets on his back.

A shame, lots of natural talent, but never matured as a human.

Could have had another crack at the AFL but alas he was a moron

The club didn't want him travelling to Pingelly given he was returning from multiple hamstring injuries.
No Pingelly to avoid pingingellying the hammy??

Gelly, very gelly, my dodgy soft tissues and propensity to injury never got me excused from an enforced excursion to the Prehistoric Pingelly Paradise Playground...

Stinky toilets down there in my day, hope things have improved...

Sounds like Western is beginning to put his hand up... another 20 possession 2 goal plus effort and he will be right in the cusp of a debut. He’s not as skinny as I thought. Seems to have put some decent muscle on his admittedly small frame. Love to see him get a run before too long with the AFL side

Sounds like Western is beginning to put his hand up... another 20 possession 2 goal plus effort and he will be right in the cusp of a debut. He’s not as skinny as I thought. Seems to have put some decent muscle on his admittedly small frame. Love to see him get a run before too long with the AFL side
Being skinny only matters if they can catch you.

Picket doesn't look massive to me but he goes alright.

While our small forwards continue to go alright, I’d like to see him play a Daniels type role in defence for Peel. Zone off, intercept, get it and go.

While our small forwards continue to go alright, I’d like to see him play a Daniels type role in defence for Peel. Zone off, intercept, get it and go.
Not sure he those attributes or any experience in the back half. Fairly sure his kicking is ok but not near Daniels.

He's a mid and a forward as a junior and excelled. Leave him there. We already have too many defenders and Walker (hopefully) coming on for the rebounding defender.

Really....?! I'll have to retract back and see now. He wasn't just being facetious, was he - given the whole jokes around Valente being the Invisible Man...?!

Gahhhhhh. If not. Feels like another Morabito in the making if true :'(
That was me mate, and no I wasn't being facetious. Wasn't much chop in the first half, but a lot better in the second.

He looked like he was playing with chaffing the whole game, and had a bit of a trunk lean with each step - usually a sign of glute weakness. He also didn't run that much outside of the contest. Given his track record I think he'll miss this weekend.

Western's goal plus Dixon's big mark were in the best WAFL highlights of the week (another weekly instalment of Brayden Ainsworth spudding it up as well):

And if you can identify anybody in this really poor vision of the Peel game then you might get something out of these 'highlights':

In other news next time I'm at a WAFL game I might just throw my mobile on a mini tripod and get better footage than this s**t.

In other news next time I'm at a WAFL game I might just throw my mobile on a mini tripod and get better footage than this sh*t.
Not allowed - they regularly advise no unauthorised filming, otherwise I'd have had the old GoPro out long ago ;)

EDIT: Just in case you weren't joking.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back