2nds 2021 Peel Thunder (Freo Reserves) Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The problem we’re going to have, and it’s a good one is assuming our fitness staff are actually, finally getting on top of injuries is how to fit the up & comers in.
Finally some real pressure from below on incumbent players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fitting good players in is never problem...

Without checking I'd have thought a player kicking 5 in WAFL seniors while still under 19 would be relatively rare in this day and age? Even more so for key forwards.

Yeah he looked good but it was a very poor opposition

There was some fat little ammos player running around for them who looked like they dragged him from the pub because they were short on players

Mc Donald had maybe a 5 last year as an 18 yr old

See how he goes against a real WAFL defence I’d suggest

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Henry been amazing but I'd still like him to get some more game time to work on his craft and build consistency.

We probably won't see Valante till the end of the year (if he's lucky) but he is building nicely.

Treacy and Sturt are playing awesome and are our future forward line. They just need to develop the tank for AFL and try to replicate their performance at AFL level. Maybe worth giving them a few more games at WAFL level?

Western will be our peak Brad Hill.
Always said Henry building at Peel is better for his development and confidence. Playing amongst men and learning.

Why is Frederick not developing his confidence at Peel.
It's not hard to see that he is totalling lacking belief in his ability.
On ability and footy nous Henry is way in front of Freddy.
Both are very slight framed. Get pushed around too easily.

Freddy was good for his first few games. The commentators highlighting his running/spread. He has looked lost the last two games.

You make a good point and perhaps it is time to see Sturt in for them both. Let Henry and Frederick develop in the WAFL.

I agree with many that Western based on his WAFL form is worth replacing Crowden with. Crowden was lucky to hold his spot after the North game but was non-existent against WCE.

That whole game was junk time.

O'Driscoll is learning a new role and you can see he is really uncomfortable, but in the long run he'll be OK.
So if the whole game was junk time we should just ignore the performances of Treacy, Sturt, Henry and Meek then? Can't have it both ways.
Nah, I didn't know a thing about O'Driscoll before he was drafted so obviously he must have shown something, but whatever it was it hasn't been evident this year. Was not WAFL league standard yesterday, should be playing reserves if others on our list can't get in the Peel league team due to numbers

So if the whole game was junk time we should just ignore the performances of Treacy, Sturt, Henry and Meek then? Can't have it both ways.
Nah, I didn't know a thing about O'Driscoll before he was drafted so obviously he must have shown something, but whatever it was it hasn't been evident this year. Was not WAFL league standard yesterday, should be playing reserves if others on our list can't get in the Peel league team due to numbers

Meek was up against the WC ruck backups Williams and the other lad who both looked pretty decent

Decent form line for him

WC listed players aside the filler players on the Beagles were pretty poor

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s too early for me to make a judgement call but essentially NOD and Walker are in the midst of their pre-season now whilst playing WAFL games. NOD and Walker played their first game of the year in WAFL round 1 and were only cleared for full training a week or so prior to Round 1 WAFL. Valente struggled as well. Sturt is still building fitness and conditioning.

Chapman and Western hit the ground running for pre-season after being drafted whilst NOD/Walker walked laps handballing a footy up and down or rode on the exercise bike for months.

I was just responding to you flipping off O'Driscoll's improvement as the game went on as "Junk time is junk time."

My point was the whole game was very low pressure and the fact that he seemed to start finding his feet as the game went on was encouraging - for me at least. He is a long way off it, but I watch pretty much every Peel game and I see him gradually improving. He is not a natural back man but the coaching staff obviously see a need for development of the defensive side of his game.

I watched the replay last night. Definitely helped forget that "other game" that I vaguely recall watching yesterday... Do it, you know you want to.

I watched the replay last night. Definitely helped forget that "other game" that I vaguely recall watching yesterday... Do it, you know you want to.

I did the same, have to temper expectations because the opposition was horrendous but Henry looked like he was playing against under 10s, awesome game. Was also nice to watch our team win some ground ball contests after that horrendous other game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did the same, have to temper expectations because the opposition was horrendous but Henry looked like he was playing against under 10s, awesome game. Was also nice to watch our team win some ground ball contests after that horrendous other game
What position did Henry play in?

I don’t get the NOD halfback move. I’m sure Freo have there reasons but isn’t this guy a decent runner? Why not play him in the wing and work to be depth in this role?

Just watched the replay, for the Freo listed boys Giro, Henry, Treacy, Sturt, Meek and Western put on clinics.

Bewley had a very respectable first game back, Valente worked his way into it and had some nice touches, Blakely was good in the guts while O’Driscoll is still finding his feet in a new role. Banfield looked very good early until unfortunately going off injured early.

Really impressed with young Western, he’s got pace to burn and uses the ball very well whilst running all day, I think we’ll be seeing him at the highest level this year.

Think Henry, Treacy, Sturt could really bring some flair to Freo’s forward line, I’d be picking at least 2 of them to come in against the Lions.

Did he kick more than 30m? I was disappointed in the depth of his kicking at the start of the year. Several of his passes fell short of the target.
He baulked some Beagle muppet then hit Sturt lace out with a 45m+ pass in the forwardline to run into an open goal

He baulked some Beagle muppet then hit Sturt lace out with a 45m+ pass in the forwardline to run into an open goal
Yeah, that play there was a great sign that he’s not just another player. That kick was exceptional & he’s starting look very composed.

Id give him at least another week at Peel as he’s sure to have tougher opposition, but with an increased intensity he’s finding time he didn’t have previously. Very positive out of a dark weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back