2nds 2021 Peel Thunder (Freo Reserves) Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Presumably we could have taken him in the mid season draft. Now we need to spend a reasonable draft pick on him or watch him become an afl quality kpp at another club. We have no idea.
I think he had played nearly solely as a defender until the last 4 weeks or so but I could be wrong. He seems to have done brilliantly as a forward in recent times. Gaskin would know more than me but I think at the time the midseason draft was held he had not played forward.

G Mus

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus
Just to clarify, we are talking about Jackson Callow, the forward that got drafted by Hawthorn but despite them being not very good (arguably worse than us) hasn't played a game yet? Still not sure what the obsession is with him?

I suspect that if we want Schlensog, we can probably have him with a rookie pick. I would warn though; most of his goals for the season have come in two games, one of which which was yesterday's against a very depleted Peel Thunder team with basically no key position defenders to match up on him (or Mason Shaw or Jimmy Miller who would have taken first dibs), in an inexperienced midfield (not to mention a ruckman who is not even eligible to be drafted yet) that was always going to be caned but a vastly more experienced and superior midfield. I would want to see more than just that before suggesting we take him with a rookie pick.
To be fair hawthorn have about 4/5 kpfs that would be walk up starts for us right now

Joao

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
To be fair hawthorn have about 4/5 kpfs that would be walk up starts for us right now
One would be getting a game atm just because of injury but not sure of the quality of any of them long term. Kosi maybe but then I thought Lewis was going to be good and he's fallen off since 2019.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

freo_leo29

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Peel are useless without Freo players

got 4 today and getting belted by WCE, worst part is I think WCE have less AFL listed players?

serial_thrilla

🐉The 2K SFA Player🐉
Mar 25, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dragons FFC
Peel are useless without Freo players

got 4 today and getting belted by WCE, worst part is I think WCE have less AFL listed players?
WCE Ressies are pretty much Ainsworth, O'Neill, H Brayshaw, Williams and Winder + a dozen amateur players...and they're flogging Peel.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Was anyone there?? I was checking the scores while watching Lions v WCE and they were gorn!! They must have done one hell of a Lazarus!
Inspiring final speech by Cam Shepherd...

"Ok guys, just a reminder we are playing West Coast"... well either that or more likely...

"fu** fu** fu** fu** you ******* useless bastards better ******* pick it up in the final quarter you ******* pieces of sh*t"

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Geez, Michael Randall's numbers from the weekend are impressive. I know he's trained with us and filled in in our intra club games, any hope for an AFL rookie listing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad