2nds 2021 Peel Thunder (Freo Reserves) Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

No offence but if Dylan Buckley is your talent benchmarker, find another

To be fair, he's a Colts age kid.
Yeah fair enough. What happened to Quaife and Della Franca? Dell Franca was listed as an emergency. Surely an extra tall would have helped the structure for Peel today? They looked outsized everywhere.

Watching the game today (esp Schofield rucking at the end) just highlights how few talls both Peel and Freo have. So much opportunity for young key forward, ruck, ruck/fwd etc.

New team. Poor players in that new team. It all looked a bit disjointed today.
Except Sturt.
I hope 🤞 he gets some luck this season. Is a beast 🙂

Watching the game today (esp Schofield rucking at the end) just highlights how few talls both Peel and Freo have.

Schofield put in zero effort. The amount of times he would just throw a leg into a contest instead of his body was ridiculous. I don't know why he is out there. Just a lazy example for his team-mates. Retire already.

Schofield put in zero effort. The amount of times he would just throw a leg into a contest instead of his body was ridiculous. I don't know why he is out there. Just a lazy example for his team-mates. Retire already.
Retire when he can still get paid to do nothing in a league that doesn't matter? He's smart if anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve always disliked Blakely as a player but he used to be a very good WAFL mid, looked average at best today

Boekhurst became the whipping boy for the Blues woeful drafting during the Malthouse era. No team apart from Carlton had him in the top 40 yet they picked him at 19. Shocking list management.

Last edited:
Just watching it now, Jesus, Sturt is young Fyfe-like but with a beautiful kick.

Quite impressed with Dylan O’Reilly too.
I missed the first quarter where I believe he kicked a couple. But watched the last 3 quarters and saw nothing from O’Reilly to make me feel like it was a mistake letting him go.

Schofield was ok - hardly beaten in 1 on 1's, apart from a couple of early goals where there was no pressure on the ball coming in and Marsh used his pace to get out of the blocks.

When he went in the centre square and rucked in the last quarter he negated the clear hit outs EF had been getting.

What I also liked with Sturt yesterday is he is clearly stronger and confident in his body (as per the attached vid - cbf editing it into short vids, I'm no Bam). Also went into the midfield at the end of the game which might give an insight into how versatile he might be.

What I also liked with Sturt yesterday is he is clearly stronger and confident in his body (as per the attached vid - cbf editing it into short vids, I'm no Bam). Also went into the midfield at the end of the game which might give an insight into how versatile he might be.

Fyfe 2.0.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back