2nds 2021 Peel Thunder (Freo Reserves) Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

He is so hard to match up on. Mid size, blistering pace, marks like a CHF, kicks like a hall of fame FF. If he can just stay fit? Injury gods pllleeeeaaaasssse cut him some slack.

I noticed he started the game with a bandage on his left knee. Then sometime in the third quarter he also had a bandage on his right calf. He played out the game (with rests) and it didn't seem to bother him. So hopefully all good.

Nathan O’Drisscoll had a shocker. That Sears kid who replaced him on HBF had a better game.
He plays better on the wing and is better than what he showed yesterday. For a young guy to come into the Perth league side and be best on ground in about his second/third game shows he has something. His decision-making is my biggest concern about him.

He plays better on the wing and is better than what he showed yesterday. For a young guy to come into the Perth league side and be best on ground in about his second/third game shows he has something. His decision-making is my biggest concern about him.

I thought he was a winger, yet Peel chucked Duman on the wing and Nathan on half back? That was odd but I guess Freo have their reasons.

I thought he was a winger, yet Peel chucked Duman on the wing and Nathan on half back? That was odd but I guess Freo have their reasons.
Pretty sure O'D played on-ball for Perth League as well and did a good job. I would rather that was his second position. Can't see him as a hb at AFL level myself. But I wouldn't know really.

NOD will be fine. He's a bit of work horse like Brayshaw and like Andy did in the early days might over think things a bit much. Would not write off this kid because he has exactly the right attitude for AFL, knows how to win plenty of the ball, and his skills are tidy enough. He's no Serong/Cerra/Sturt but he will do absolutely everything asked of him for the team and to improve himself.

I think in fairness to O’Driscoll he is coming from a long way back & hasn’t played in any scratchies, perhaps only a little bit of match simulation as he has only trained with the main group the last 2-3 weeks coming off that shoulder.

In regards to his positioning, I’m sure it’s due to a lack of match fitness he was off hb, he was blowing pretty early & you could see he was frustrated with how he was going. That game will do wonders for him & I expect a huge improvement from him over the next 2 weeks. It won’t take long.

I think in fairness to O’Driscoll he is coming from a long way back & hasn’t played in any scratchies, perhaps only a little bit of match simulation as he has only trained with the main group the last 2-3 weeks coming off that shoulder.

In regards to his positioning, I’m sure it’s due to a lack of match fitness he was off hb, he was blowing pretty early & you could see he was frustrated with how he was going. That game will do wonders for him & I expect a huge improvement from him over the next 2 weeks. It won’t take long.
Good call

(Log in to remove this ad.)

O’Driscoll looked very raw last night. You can see his athleticism is top class though. He’s a very unconventional looking player in terms of his kicking style. Seems to have a lot of upside and it wouldn’t be fair to judge him properly until he’s had a run of 7 or 8 league games at Peel. He’s gonna have to become a multi positional player though. There’s already a long queue of players for the inside mid position at the club. Most of who look like they have better skills and decision making traits than him from the limited vision we have seen of him. So some stints on the HBF and HFF will be necessary part of his development.
Don’t expect to see him at AFL level in 2021 unless we have a disastrous injury situation.

Great to see Sturt putting it all together. He and Valente were from the same draft and are a couple of sleepers on our list who can add class. A fair bit of upside there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back